New build - Now or later?

Dear friends

I am in a dilemma.

I was going to go for a new build as soon as possible but after reading various articles in regards to the imminent release of the the new Intel Ivy Bridge CPU's I am thinking that I should hold out.

I really need advice on this matter please.

What do you all think?

This is what I was going for...

http://www.Inzajeano.com

post-425673-0-13605200-1328957557_thumb.

post-425673-0-14909400-1328957591_thumb.

You normally want to wait just before a new CPU line drops. This is when you'll see retailers put the last line on sale with some dramatically reduced prices. Grab last year's top-of-the-line stuff on the cheap and let other people worry about teething problem when it comes to new tech.

With regards to your shopping list, I'd replace the i7 with an i5-2500K. On most of the reviews I've read, it offers the best bang for the buck. I'd stay away from Seagate and get a Western Digital 2TB Black Edition but that's my own personal opinion - I've had horrible experiences with Seagate.

In all honesty I don't really have the luxury of time.

I have a lot of jobs on that I need a system for in order to work on my images.

Maybe I'll go for it and a couple of years down the line go for another one.

By then there will more choice in CPU's:D

If you have the money now, get a new build now. If you wait for the next release then you might as well wait for the next release after that and after that and so on.

Yes, you tend to get more sales on older generation components - but there is always a sale on components somewhere on the internet so I don't find that to be a particularly important point.

I would also never buy new generation components on release as they are stupidly expensive and the performance/cost ratio is abhorrent compared to the same components a month or two down the line. Not to mention the teething problems that these things tends to have.

Config looks great. There will always be something on the horizon so you might as well make yoursef happy now. I'd get a Corsair Force GT SATA 6g instead of the one you picked though.

32gb of ram?

Video card?

By the way nice site. :)

Good points. 32GB may be a bit overkill. I get made fun of for my 24GB as it is. ;-)

Maybe he is going with integrated graphics? Does the mobo he picked have any?

I've decided to go for the Asus Rampage Mobo instead.

I'm getting 32gb of ram because I know I'll be doing a lot more Video work soon;)

Still stick on a GPU.

@Non-Active - Thanks for looking at my site:)

@Patseguin - Why the Corsair ssd?

Much love to all:)

You normally want to wait just before a new CPU line drops. This is when you'll see retailers put the last line on sale with some dramatically reduced prices. Grab last year's top-of-the-line stuff on the cheap and let other people worry about teething problem when it comes to new tech.

With regards to your shopping list, I'd replace the i7 with an i5-2500K. On most of the reviews I've read, it offers the best bang for the buck. I'd stay away from Seagate and get a Western Digital 2TB Black Edition but that's my own personal opinion - I've had horrible experiences with Seagate.

If you opt for the i5, need swap out the motherboard too ;) [socket-2011]