Keyboard & Safari Bug

Hi All

I am experiencing a very strange problem with Mac OSX, i upgraded Lion to 10.7.3 through the combo, since then i am unable to delete text in Safari. For example this post i am writing, if i have a typo i have to highlight the text and then overwrite it, the backspace key doesn't work at all, the cursor just stays put.

I have repaired permissions, downloaded and reapplied the 10.7.3 combo update but the problem persists. The problem also only occurs in Safari, every other app, finder etc.. works fine.

My mac is an 2011 iMac i5 21" with wireless keyboard and trackpad, lion was preinstalled, the machine wasn't upgraded to lion.

Thanks for any help,

Does this happen on sites that have Flash material or on all sites?

Because I remember an old Flash bug that affected the backspace but I'm not quite sure if it has resurfaced somehow.

all sites, even on Neowin, as I'm typing this i can't delete anything with the backspace key, it's really weird.

Ive just checked the keyboard settings to see if there was a shortcut disabling the backspace key but all looks ok. Ive also just tried disconnecting and removing the keyboard and then reconnecting it but still have the same problem, even changing the batteries didn't help.

Im gonna try and download safari separately and see if that makes a difference, word, finder, iTunes it all works fine, its just safari :s