Need online store

Question

My friend wants to operate a simple online store, with payment through PayPal. Are there any templates which exist for doing this?

8 answers to this question

If you have a Linux server/hosting account, Magento is all the rage at the moment... sadly it's not really compatible with Windows yet.

osCommerce is another option.

As much as I despise 1&1, I've heard nothing but positive things of their ekmPowerShop (not free like the Magento/osCommerce).

And lastly, if 'simple' is really what you want, then PayPal themselves offer the code to create simple Buy Now/Add to cart buttons when you login (and go to something like Merchant Tools).

If you have a Linux server/hosting account, Magento is all the rage at the moment... sadly it's not really compatible with Windows yet.

osCommerce is another option.

As much as I despise 1&1, I've heard nothing but positive things of their ekmPowerShop (not free like the Magento/osCommerce).

And lastly, if 'simple' is really what you want, then PayPal themselves offer the code to create simple Buy Now/Add to cart buttons when you login (and go to something like Merchant Tools).

I heard somebody mention OpenCart in another thread. Is it any good?

osCommerce is perfect! Thanks for the suggestion :)

I ended up trying both OpenCart and Magento, and like osCommerce the best. :)