creating AD at home

I am trying to set up a test lab at home, I am setting it up to practise for my SQL certs and i keep getting stuck on setting up the domain.

I have a ml110 on which i have installed 2008r2. i installed hyper-v ready for the virtual machines i was going to install and then ran dcpromo to make it the domain controller. After i ran dcpromo I lost internet connectivity, I have made sure the gateway is set to my adsl router and the dns is set to 127.0.0.1 but it wont connect to the internet, wont even accept rdp connections which were previously allowed in

I assume this is some conflict between the router and my new domain controller, but for a home environment what do i need to set to get a domain controller to work?

on the router i set the dhcp to only work between 192.168.1.190-254. I set the dc with a static IP of 192.168.1.100

As above, make sure DNS forwarders are setup, or you won't be able to resolve anything, the likely cause of your outbound issues. As for RDP being blocked, the "Domain" ruleset is different to the Public/Private ruleset in the Windows Firewall, so probably just a case of re-enabling it, this time in the Domain ruleset, and it should start working again.

ok i have fixed the windows firewall issue with RDP. enabling the forward lookup zone is proving more difficult

I have logged on to the dc. Gone to dns and opened up forward lookup zones. There are 2 zones already

mealies.local and _msdcs.mealies.local. How and where do i add the ISP dns details?

Edit:- I realised i was looking in the rong place - i have added the isp dns IPs to the forwarders properties screen and problems fixed

Thanks for the help