Sprint Page Outs Android 4.0.3 For Epic 4G Touch Coming Soon

Okay, so we already knew it?s coming down to crunch time for Samsung to make good on their Ice Cream Sandwich promise and deliver the firmware update to its line of Galaxy S II devices. But, could the Sprint Epic 4G Touch really be the first GSII in line to receive Google?s sweet dessert? Well, this newest bit of info seems to be telling us this could be the case.

SE4T-550x79.jpg

The RDF page on the official Sprint site is listing the Samsung SPH-D710 (Epic 4G Touch) with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. Currently, the device is running on Android 2.3.6 and given Sprint?s history with Android OEM?s, they generally like to get big firmware OTA updates before the rest of the competition. Being an Epic Touch owner myself, it?s getting a little tough to post this news while keeping my composure at the same time.

Fellow E4GT users around XDA are hoping this means a newer, more official build will be leaked so the developer community can get their hands on this and begin pushing out more stable ROMs. I?m just dying to try out all those Android 4.0 launchers that I?ve been reading so much about. Anyone else excited?

[Sprint | Via SprintFeed]

http://phandroid.com/2012/02/13/sprint-page-outs-android-4-0-3-for-epic-4g-touch-coming-soon/