Your Avatar Explained

My avatar has remain unchanged for 8 years now. Back when I was obsessed with Halo2 and HaloPC, I image googled for "halo avatar" and picked this one after a few dozen pages. I don't know who it belonged to, but it's become my own identity over the past decade and I wouldn't change it for the life of me.

Since the original image was 100x100, I actually had a friend of mine basically recreate it and stylize it a little bit in Photoshop a year back, and now I have a 500x500 copy.

Despite popular assumption, my username, "Reacon", did not originate from Halo 3. When I was 10, about the same time I chose my avatar, I tried thinking of something really military and cool for use on Xbox Live. Eventually I came up with "ReconUnit415", later shortened to "Recon415". About 2 years ago, as my avatar was getting refreshed, I decided to refresh my name as well. Reacon is a phonetically similar, taken in a lot fewer places than "Recon", and doesn't have ugly numbers after it. Unless of course, it's taken, in which case I just do "Reacon4"

My signature was part of an old gaming community of mine that I made a lot of very good friends in. I keep it around in remembrance of "Orange & Blue Clan", and because the colours coincided with my avatar. As one can see, my username was still "Recon", then. It also links my Steam profile if you click on it. Anyone is quite welcome to add me.

• 3 weeks later...

The current one is the result of my Mass Effect fanboism and the second attempt at rather quick photoshopping of what originally was a VaultTec salesman from Fallout 3 commercial. It has now obtained aviators, Systems Alliance beret and tidbits of a random military uniform.

VdIuA.png

This comes after the first photoshopping attempt for the same reasons to a greater extent. I call it The Indoctrinated Man.

v1C1V.png

A person here on Neowin had said it was quite unnerving. This private request touched my kind heart (*wheeeze*) and I decided to pull it... so I'll just leave it here.

Muhammad, I dont see Bane but this....

post-273740-0-82113400-1332842201.jpg

Mine is the logo for my local football team. I was born and raised in Southampton (UK) and supported them for years. After a few bad years and nearly going out of existance we are now on the up and after winning promotion by finishing second in league 1 (3rd tier of football in England) last year, we are now topping the championship (2nd tier) on our way to hopefully be promoted to the premier league.

It is a copyrighted work, therefore I am prohibited from sharing :(

lulz. It's from one of banksy's "graffiti" pieces. And I hate

censorship

. :rofl:

Mine's a Khajiit from Elder Scrolls. The black bar is to protest the censorship stuff and also is representing something else...

This is the logo from the Dodge Viper cars. I'm not too original, you see. ;)

My first ever game was Unreal Tournament GOTY, back then I was addicted to it, I love the title screen with its epic text and logo . It reminds me of the awesome time I had :)

It was the fastest flowing FPS I had ever played :)

That said I am trying to Photoshop it to get the Unreal master in it :)

What do you guys think ;)