Mequore Concept: Start Menu

Mequore is a Windows concept that I've created. This is the first part; the start menu. The start menu is based on the traditional Windows Vista/7 start menu, but with a few twists. An example of this, is the top bar named So.cl. For those who don't know, So.cl is a new social network created by Microsoft. It's currently invite only however. The meaning of the bar is quick access to social media, and you can easily replace it with Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc. Also, the Windows XP like top has returned in this concept.

Next, we have the taskbar. The taskbar is simple, clean looking and shows 3 stages of the taskbar buttons: Normal, hovered and pressed.

I will be releasing the explorer version of this concept soon, and might release other parts of it as well. Until then, let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions

Credits:

Rhapsodize Walls by `OtisBee (Modified, added the Windows logo)

Microsoft for design inspiration and ideas

mequore_concept__start_menu_by_sergiogarcia9-d4pg1cl.png

Also available on DeviantART: http://sergiogarcia9...-Menu-284603349

I really really REALLY like that would be nice if it wasn't as square, I think something like this would look awesome in the Linux distro FusionOS, it looks great for windows, but there are a few things I would change, like making it a little bit more rounded, even if just slightly. I've always wanted to write a new explorer, or one that would match the conceptual longhorn designs, but I don't have the design skills to make it look at pretty. Code wise I could do it, but not in terms of design.

Though, I do like the search functionality that the Vista/7 start menu supports, that seems lacking here.

Thanks. I did consider creating a rounded version, but I thought I would try something different and do a square one. If i get the time, I might just create a rounded version too.

I wish I could code this, but sadly, I'm too busy to actually start learning how to code. Also, codding an alternative explorer/interface is too big a hassle considering the fact that not that many would use it :/

Glad you guys like it :)

( off opic sorry ) Is So.Cl what whallop turned into

I'm not sure, I've never heard of whallop before.