DOA - ASRock A55M-HVS?

mobo

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 OP AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 15 February 2012 - 21:22

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. If/when you do get the new one, post here if it worked or not. Just curious on it.

Will do and thank you for taking the time to suggest checks. Have gotten an RMA number so will get it packaged back up and sent back. Looks like I won't be getting it built for the weekend.

#17 OP AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 16 February 2012 - 18:59

Getting a little strange now, thought I would fire it up again tonight and it now has power. PSU fan and CPU fan spinning fine. But no beeps and no signal coming out from it though.

Noticed on this thread here http://www.tomshardw...ng-power-switch that someone else seemed to have issues around the 24 pin power connector too.

It's a high pitched tone, but I only started getting it when I decided to make sure the 24pin atx connector was in tight, and pushed down on it a little. If I don't press on it, I don't get anything.

#18 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 16 February 2012 - 19:21

Well, that's somewhat good news.

Check out this thread: http://www.tomshardw...eeps-doesn-boot

A lot of people tried taking the battery out, flushing power, and things like that. Worth a shot!

I would be weary of it by this point though.

#19 OP AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 21 February 2012 - 18:13

New board arrived today, slotted it in and everything is working fine. Taken a week but finally got there in the end. Now to get it all set up! Still waiting on my Dual Tuner Satellite card though.