Mini iTX Gaming Build (Alienware x51 clone) help

It might not be much of a looker but the Alienware x51 gaming rig (Dell Link) has given me some incentive to build a half decent rig but I really want to keep the Mini iTX form factor and keep things as small as powerfully yet eeking out as much performance as possible.

A few questions as it's been a VERY long time since I've built a rig.

The motherboard. Anyone got any ideas what one is being used. The only one I've seen thats close to what could be in the dell is the Intel DN2800MT which is a half height board that comes with an Atom Cpu. As I want to go some gaming Atom is a no go so...

Suggestions for a motherboard Please.

Cpu wise.

Theres the following to choose from.

• Intel? Core? i3-2120 3.3GHz @ ?77 approx
  • Intel? Core? i7-2600 3.4GHz @ ?172 approx
  • Intel? Core? i5-2320 3.0GHz @ ?125 approx

Whats the sweet spot processor here? I mistakenly bought an older i3 thinking I could clock it to i5 similar levels but the performance has been disappointing. Obviously cpu needs to be a lower TDP an match a motherboard.

Graphics Card.

The Alienware x51 machine uses

• 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA? GeForce GT 545
  • 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA? GeForce GTX 555

Couldn't find these on a very quick google shop. Would the main reasoning be for these card the power vs heat. I don't have a massive monitor but I'd like to be able to game at 1280 * xxx with some fairly decent graphics levels on display.

Power Supply.

Where in the uk can you get a decent 300w external psu.

Already got the case in mind to its small and powerfully im looking for.

Cheers in advance

I did something similar a year ago. It started of as a media PC and grew to mITX gaming PC (see my sig).

I would say decide on case first. That will drive your other decisions afterwards. Smaller the case = less airflow so worse components. Also need to look out for PCI slots - full height or low profile. Low profile case will seriously limit you GPU choice.

For serious gaming I would recoment Silverstone Sugo 06 or 05 case. Looks decent, allows for full height graphics, and comes with 450W PSU. Well designed to have GPU take air directly from outside to keep it cool.

As for mobo look at ASRock mitx mobos. They even have Z68 board (ASRock Z68M-ITX) which will let you get most out of the build.