• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 16 February 2012 - 20:57

Senator Rand Paul's views are completely similar to his father. I'd vote for him if he ran, and if his father wasn't running.

Similar maybe, but not completely. Being from Kentucky, there are some things I liked and disliked about him. But I'd vote for Rand or Ron over the kooks that are running now.

#17 linsook

linsook

Neowinian Senior

• 3,638 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 22:01

Really? He can't even win a primary. A guy that consistently places 4th out of 4 isn't "taking over" anything.

didn't bother reading the article or what?

#18 Amarok

Amarok

One. Three. FiVe.

• 1,773 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 16:29

Honestly it's nice to see that the right can field a candidate that's a different kind of crazy than normal. Not that I'm saying that the left is any better, righties. Part of running for president is lying your ass off and making promises that you can't possibly keep. Quite a few of the things that presidential candidates promise voters are things that the president has little to no influence over. Ron Paul takes it a step further and promises basically everything that everyone wants to hear. I was reading an article earlier about his belief that the recreational use of drugs (Marijuana specifically, but he worded it in such a way that it opens the door for crack, meth and heroin addicts - As he said that the government has no business telling anyone what they can and cannot put into their bodies.) should totally be up to the users and his support of legalizing recreational marijuana use. I think it's kind of sad that he's pandering to addicts to support, and I'm sadder that it actually seems to work somewhat as on these very forums I've seen a handful of people state their intent to vote for him primarily because of that.

I applaud him for having success as a different type of candidate, but I'd never actually vote for him. It gives me hope that the parties will be able to field different and perhaps decent candidates after Obama's next 4 years. Keeping in mind that I didn't vote for Obama last time around ... I'll definitely vote for him this time around as he's the least bad choice, sadly. This will be the third election in a row where I've had to vote for a candidate that's less bad than the other, rather than for a good candidate. Sad.

#19 SoCalRox

SoCalRox

Neowinian

• 480 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 16:51

Anyone he drives insane only joins his company. He's been there for years.

#20 linsook

linsook

Neowinian Senior

• 3,638 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 18:58

Honestly it's nice to see that the right can field a candidate that's a different kind of crazy than normal. Not that I'm saying that the left is any better, righties. Part of running for president is lying your ass off and making promises that you can't possibly keep. Quite a few of the things that presidential candidates promise voters are things that the president has little to no influence over. Ron Paul takes it a step further and promises basically everything that everyone wants to hear. I was reading an article earlier about his belief that the recreational use of drugs (Marijuana specifically, but he worded it in such a way that it opens the door for crack, meth and heroin addicts - As he said that the government has no business telling anyone what they can and cannot put into their bodies.) should totally be up to the users and his support of legalizing recreational marijuana use. I think it's kind of sad that he's pandering to addicts to support, and I'm sadder that it actually seems to work somewhat as on these very forums I've seen a handful of people state their intent to vote for him primarily because of that.

I applaud him for having success as a different type of candidate, but I'd never actually vote for him. It gives me hope that the parties will be able to field different and perhaps decent candidates after Obama's next 4 years. Keeping in mind that I didn't vote for Obama last time around ... I'll definitely vote for him this time around as he's the least bad choice, sadly. This will be the third election in a row where I've had to vote for a candidate that's less bad than the other, rather than for a good candidate. Sad.

It's boggling how you could come to the conclusion that he panders to anyone. He's been saying the same thing for 30 years. Are you really telling me that what he says was popular when he was saying it in the 80's? If what you said were true, that he says what everyone wants to hear, he would have been in the white house the first time he tried in '88 and the second time in 2008.

A lot of people misrepresent what he says or misunderstands and you are one of those people. He doesn't want to and has never said he would legalize drugs but rather decriminalize it. It would then be up to the individual states to make their own rules. When you accuse him of pandering to addicts, at best its being ignorant at the worst you're just plain lying.

#21 SongHyeonDeok

SongHyeonDeok

Lightning in a bottle.

• 353 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 20:57

I laugh at the fact that all the reasons to elect the man, are the exact reasons he can't win...

It really wouldn't be any fun for the elite if this man ran the show.

#22 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,888 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 21:32

Yes -- mine Führer -- Ron Paul !!! :woot:

Posted Image

#23 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,264 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 21:44

I laugh at the fact that It would appear that the people who look at ron Paul negatively love to keep the "establishment politics" close to their hearts. Ron Paul has said, time and again, ad nauseum what is wrong with the nation, it's politics, economicsand more. Ron Paul was recently reported as getting shafted by the establishment politics http://bangordailyne...econsideration/ as counts were fraudulently removed al together.

So what does ron Paul do? he has the people stay afterwards and he collects the delegates accordingly. smart move and completely legal. So as ron continuesto stack up delegates, Looks the like the establishments poster boys are lagging behind, not finishing the job. kind of like when we want to count dollars at the end to see who has the most, the others drop their cash all over the ground in their self congratulatorywayand ron Paul sweeps up the mess and holds on to the cash collected.

the ONLY guy talking about the issues.

#24 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 17:35

I'd vote for him if he wasn't so bat **** crazy. I really hate Obama but he's gonna win another election because the republicans don't have a candidate worth a damn.

#25 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,555 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 17:37

I'd vote for him if he wasn't so bat **** crazy. I really hate Obama but he's gonna win another election because the republicans don't have a candidate worth a damn.

What exactly do you think is crazy about him? I think he's remarkably sensible, level-headed, has some great ideas, is far more in touch with what the average person can get behind (notice I didn't say "agree with 100%" because when do you ever agree with EVERYTHING another person says?). If you want to see crazy, check out the other candidates the GOP has to offer. (Y)

#26 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 17:39

What exactly do you think is crazy about him? I think he's remarkably sensible, level-headed, has some great ideas, is far more in touch with what the average person can get behind. If you want to see crazy, check out the other candidates the GOP has to offer. (Y)

Open borders,legalizing illegal drugs...

#27 nominak

nominak

Neowinian Senior

• 3,159 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 17:49

Says the guy with an assault rifle in his signature.

#28 Tom

Tom

Neowinian Senior

• 3,278 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 17:51

#1. Restrictions raise the popularity of an event. For example cannabis use went down when Holland legalized it... well at least, use by the naitives. I'm sure immigrants flocked there so that they could smoke it care free.
#2. Why do you care about nationality? Why is the random selection or chance of where I was born govern where I must live?

What exactly do you think is crazy about him? I think he's remarkably sensible, level-headed, has some great ideas, is far more in touch with what the average person can get behind (notice I didn't say "agree with 100%" because when do you ever agree with EVERYTHING another person says?). If you want to see crazy, check out the other candidates the GOP has to offer. (Y)

Such as:
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/368534/

#29 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 17:51

Says the guy with an assault rifle in his signature.

Its not an assault rifle.An assault rifle has to be select fire. But never mind the facts...

#1. Restrictions raise the popularity of an event. For example cannabis use went down when Holland legalized it... well at least, use by the naitives. I'm sure immigrants flocked there so that they could smoke it care free.
#2. Why do you care about nationality? Why is the random selection or chance of where I was born govern where I must live?

Sure you can live here if you would like, just do it legally.

#30 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,555 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 17:53

The borders thing, yeah, I think that needs to be looked at again.
The drugs thing--well, people are going to do that **** anyway, may as well make some tax money off it and try to help the economy, yeah? Tax the crap out of it, take the "stigma" away from it to maybe keep it from being as appealing to teenagers, and it would also stop a lot of the crime associated with it. It's not a great solution, but working with what we've got, isn't it better than the current situation?