OS X Mountain Lion Discussion

os x 10.8 mountain lion

• Please log in to reply
1424 replies to this topic

#1396 PyX

PyX

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:03

Safari itself is "Aqua". So is the App Store.

Of course Safari is Aqua. I didn’t mean it wasn’t.

The toolbar is not a web page, but it does pull web data for the button labels. The iOS App Store does the same thing. They do it so they don't have to push a new version of OS X or iOS every time they want to add a new country to the store.

Oh thanks for the info, I didn’t know that. The whole toolbar feels a little slow though :-/

#1397 OP Damian

Damian

Posted 13 August 2012 - 14:00

Seeded 3 days ago:

Apple seeds first beta of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1 (build 12B13) to developers

Today, Apple has seeded the first beta build of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1 to developers. The build number is 12B13 and it is available from the Mac Developer Center web portal. Apple says that the initial 10.8.1 seed has zero known issues. However, Apple asks developers to focus on testing Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange in Mail, PAC Proxies in Safari, SMB, USB, and WiFi and Audio when connected to the Apple Thunderbolt Display.
Earlier this week, Apple informed participants of the AppleSeed program that they would receive the initial Mountain Lion 10.8.1 build soon.
The DMG to perform a delta update from OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.0 is only 38.54MB. The installation itself takes up 36.4MB of space on a Mountain Lion Mac.
According to a reader who installed OS X 10.8.1, Facebook integration is yet to be included. Perhaps Facebook will come as a separate download,like it currently does for developers, or perhaps it will come in a later beta or another version of OS X Mountain Lion altogether. Also, for those wondering, it does not seem like this release has iMessage phone number merging.

Known Issues
- None
Focus Areas
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange in Mail
- PAC proxies in Safari
- SMB
- USB
- Wi-Fi and audio when connected to Thunderbolt display

Read more at 9to5Mac

#1398 Brendando

Brendando

Andor

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 13 August 2012 - 14:02

Seeded 3 days ago:

Apple seeds first beta of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1 (build 12B13) to developers

Read more at 9to5Mac

I have it running on my 2012 Macbook Air at the moment. No real change for me from GM, although I wasn't having any issues with it before, so I doubt there is much for it to fix. I did clean install though.

#1399 OP Damian

Damian

Posted 13 August 2012 - 15:19

I have it running on my 2012 Macbook Air at the moment. No real change for me from GM, although I wasn't having any issues with it before, so I doubt there is much for it to fix. I did clean install though.

I haven't notice anything myself on 10.8 (2012 MacBook Air) but did you notice any differences in battery life on 10.8.1?

#1400 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:55

Mission Control animations stutter with a handful of apps open. I had the same issue with OS X Lion until the v10.7.1 or .2 update. Now I'm back at square one again. Nice.

#1401 CPressland

CPressland

www.absolute.com

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:42

Need fixes for Thunderbolt Stability!!!! Come on Apple, lets make 10.8.1 the magic number!

#1402 nyolc8

nyolc8

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 520

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:53

Mission Control animations stutter with a handful of apps open. I had the same issue with OS X Lion until the v10.7.1 or .2 update. Now I'm back at square one again. Nice.

Try to put the dock to the side of the screen and see if it stutter then. There are people that says the new 3d dock is the reason of the stutter.

#1403 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 17 August 2012 - 13:33

Try to put the dock to the side of the screen and see if it stutter then. There are people that says the new 3d dock is the reason of the stutter.

I don't like having my Dock on the side.

#1404 nyolc8

nyolc8

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 520

Posted 17 August 2012 - 13:47

I don't like it either, I just said it for testing... to see if the dock is the problem or not. :)

#1405 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 17 August 2012 - 14:00

That's insane. Mission Control starts noticeably lagging on my 2010 27-inch iMac (BTO better graphics card) with the Dock at the bottom and 7 Safari windows open. The lag is completely gone when putting the Dock on the side. Apple really needs to address this. On OS X Snow Leopard and OS X Lion I had no issues even though both have Dock reflections too.

#1406 Stetson

Stetson

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 August 2012 - 15:07

That's insane. Mission Control starts noticeably lagging on my 2010 27-inch iMac (BTO better graphics card) with the Dock at the bottom and 7 Safari windows open. The lag is completely gone when putting the Dock on the side. Apple really needs to address this. On OS X Snow Leopard and OS X Lion I had no issues even though both have Dock reflections too.

Do you have any stacks in the dock? If so try switching them to display as folders, some users have reported that that improved performance.

#1407 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 17 August 2012 - 15:10

That didn't improve anything.

#1408 Stetson

Stetson

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 August 2012 - 16:38

You can also get the 'side dock' effect without putting the dock on the side of the screen, you just have to change a setting via the terminal:

defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES

then

killall Dock

To go back to the 3D dock do the same thing but change YES to NO.

#1409 SuperKid

SuperKid

Im no superman

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 17 August 2012 - 16:56

I don't see any lag on a 2011 core i7 iMac with stutter when using the Mission Control and I opened like 20 tabs on Safari and a whole bunch of other applications open too hmm. What spec is your 2010 iMac?

#1410 Elliott

Elliott

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 August 2012 - 18:26

I'm assuming it's because the ML dock has a Gaussian blur effect and the old dock didn't. It probably just needs some optimization.