Microsoft confirms the new Windows 8 logo

Microsoft going metro and OSX going the iOS way... yikes! Do not like the future lol :wacko:

I kinda agree. I don't like all the iOS crap they keep adding to OS X like the totally worthless Launchpad, and Windows 8 doesn't look that great either. Good thing Linux keeps getting better!

Maybe 2013 will finally be - *heavy dramatic echoing voice* - THE YEAR OF LINUX!!!

Haha, I had this page sitting open for like 30 minutes. I didn't even see your post before I posted mine. Go Linux! :laugh:

I kinda agree. I don't like all the iOS crap they keep adding to OS X like the totally worthless Launchpad, and Windows 8 doesn't look that great either.

If you kick Launchpad from the Dock and disable its gesture in System Preferences you won't even know it's there. ;)

the new logo has the characteristics of way-finding design systems seen in airports and subways.

So Microsoft wants my computer to be more like an airport terminal or metro station? Hm? Not sure how I feel about that. Those places are frequently overcrowded, noisy, stressful and remind me of seemingly endless delays. Is that what Microsoft wants to convey to people when they're using Windows 8? :p

If you kick Launchpad from the Dock and disable its gesture in System Preferences you won't even know it's there. ;)

And that's what I do, but they are adding more iOS styled features to a point where it's getting hard to ignore them, and most of them seem to be entirely pointless.

And that's what I do, but they are adding more iOS styled features to a point where it's getting hard to ignore them, and most of them seem to be entirely pointless.

So far you can disable most of them. You can always choose to use the apps or not. Anyway, this thread isn't the place to discuss the details of OS X. :)

Just saw it on twitter :/

Replied: @windowsblog I saw this a couple of days ago :/ It looked so bad I thought it was fake... I really hope it grows on me..

I think the new logo looks really good with the four traditional Windows colors, like in your Avatar.

And I like how the logo will always take the color of your primary background color. It's a neat touch, and likely why this logo is as simple and minimal as it is.

And let's be frank: sometimes the best logos are the simplest ones.