34 posts in this topic

windows_8_logo_colored_by_rehsup-d4q45j5.png

Windows 8 Logo colored ;)

I hope that is the right category

7 people like this

Ok....What about it?

I like it

Yeah not bad, I like.

It's no longer a Blue Screen Of Death with a ribbon.

It's a Party Screen Of Death with a ribbon.

6 people like this

Much much better, Give it to Microsoft! :D. Much better than the original POS logo that was announced...

Now that's a logo that's done right. Much preferred over what MS has come up with.

1 person likes this

I like it except for corner radius :)

My icon is similar but more Metro

Several reasons why it is not coloured.

So it works any size and on any colour.

Every coloured version the prospective of the top left pane looks wrong because of the colouring.

Several reasons why it is not coloured.

So it works any size and on any colour.

Every coloured version the prospective of the top left pane looks wrong because of the colouring.

I can understand their reasons for doing it for the sake of proper theming in the OS. But from a marketing perspective, it is too bland.

I like it a lot more. It's not too far off of the Windows logo we all know and love, but is refreshed. I think that the glossy color needs to be removed for a more "Metro" feel, but other than that, it looks nice.

it looks like the red part is moving!!!!

thats much better, its the logo that Microsoft should use, the current iteration it bland and ugly.

Top marks

Welcome to Neowin and you're first post is already making me starting to want to be friends with you. Keep it up.

Very nice. That IS a Windows logo done right.

That logo is definitely nicely done.

I don't hate the logo with what Microsoft has come up with, it just needs a bit working, just like this one

(Y)

Very nice. Another one with slightly less bright colors I found on the web: http://forums.pcworl...s/av-250035.png. Here's an idea for Microsoft. While in Aero and on Welcome screens, setup and retail packaging, websites etc use the colored logo. Only in the Metro environment where the colored logo will look out of place, use their originally designed logo from Pentagram. But does Microsoft listen to anyone's ideas? Windows 8 after all is not just all about Metro right? The Ribbon for example, Explorer and desktop don't get Metro icons.

Edit: Some user called LiveBrianD has created the one with the colors which I think are just right.

Great effort, but the new logo represents Tiles, and tiles are not multi-coloured. They are monochromatic.

I wasn't aware it was a competition. :p

Great effort, but the new logo represents Tiles, and tiles are not multi-coloured. They are monochromatic.

Tiles are not multi-colored? In the Windows Developer Preview which I have :p, tiles are of different color. Multiple/different tiles are not of the same color. They don't have gradient, just plain solid color. Which looks good in Metro style. Not outside of it elsewhere IMPHO (in most people's humble opinion).

That idea looks horrible compared with the new logo, as it doesn't fit with the Metro design language. The logo Microsoft have announced is beautiful and it fits very well with the Metro design language; it captures the motion and feel of Metro. A coloured-in logo that even follows the Metro design language wouldn't look very nice, in my opinion; marketing and placing the logo on different marketing materials wouldn't be as easy as being able to display the logo in different colours and shades is.

Looks much better than the plain dull blue thing.

1 person likes this