official fps far cry ubisoft pc xbox 360 ps3

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#181 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,392 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 19:58

Then I copied it to my C drive and it works fine...Way to go Ubisoft you win the "We haven't learned anything in ten years!" award! Woo.

#182 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• 811 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 28 December 2012 - 20:08

Got it 2 days ago!
its really awesome! Love games with large explorable worlds and many weapons/vehicles etc.
The hang glider is awesome fun!

Shame my CPU struggles with it and I'm only getting about 23FPS average so its a bit jumpy. Really cant wait to upgrade this CPU.
However, even with the crappy FPS rate its still awesome

#183 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:33

If you love games, and if youre reading this then you do - take it "slow", be a completionist - I got to the point of having 10 extra skill points unusable because I hadn't progressed far enough into the story, just now maxing out my "bags" of all types. I love this game, tbh, top 3 games (single player) I've had in memory, possibly period - will hold off until complete; 12 hours in.

#184 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:41

Got it 2 days ago!
its really awesome! Love games with large explorable worlds and many weapons/vehicles etc.
The hang glider is awesome fun!

Shame my CPU struggles with it and I'm only getting about 23FPS average so its a bit jumpy. Really cant wait to upgrade this CPU.
However, even with the crappy FPS rate its still awesome

If you are getting low GPU use and low FPS, try ALT ENTER to switch to windowed mode, wait a few seconds and do it again to get back to fullscreen while you are in the middle of a game, my GPU use jumped from 60% to 98% and gives much better FPS after doing that

#185 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,958 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:21

I gotta say, the game is probably my GOTY for 2012, it's just amazing. But after reading the RPS interview on the story and what the writer wanted to say with it, and with what happened in NewTown,CT recently - I feel kinda bad playing the game lately. Not to mention every decision I'm making in the game and any story element I come across I'm analyzing like crazy.

Probably doesn't help that I read about the ending and now I'm like, eh whatever with you!

#186 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:04

I gotta say, the game is probably my GOTY for 2012, it's just amazing. But after reading the RPS interview on the story and what the writer wanted to say with it, and with what happened in NewTown,CT recently - I feel kinda bad playing the game lately. Not to mention every decision I'm making in the game and any story element I come across I'm analyzing like crazy.

Probably doesn't help that I read about the ending and now I'm like, eh whatever with you!

Its a game, virtual, and you bought a shooter, I haven't finished but regardless, you had some idea as to what you were getting into. Guns don't kill, people do. Show me a RL gun that pulls its own trigger while plotting terrible ideas and locations then get back to me. Yes what happened is horrendous, especially involving Children, but this forum on a game isn't the place to express your remorse for in-game decisions. Side-note: Psychological and medical communities have mountains of research disproving the "link" that video games cause violence. Correlation > Causality in this case. /rant

But, yes, 2012 single-player GOTY. BF3 still dominates in multi-player IMO, even if it was 2011 original release

#187 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,958 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:38

Its a game, virtual, and you bought a shooter, I haven't finished but regardless, you had some idea as to what you were getting into. Guns don't kill, people do. Show me a RL gun that pulls its own trigger while plotting terrible ideas and locations then get back to me. Yes what happened is horrendous, especially involving Children, but this forum on a game isn't the place to express your remorse for in-game decisions. Side-note: Psychological and medical communities have mountains of research disproving the "link" that video games cause violence. Correlation > Causality in this case. /rant

But, yes, 2012 single-player GOTY. BF3 still dominates in multi-player IMO, even if it was 2011 original release

My comment wasn't intended as some call for gun control, or that I felt remorse for shooting digital douchebags in a shooter :D

My point was simply, for me, I just became uncomfortable with the thoughts of some of the things in game that's all. If you've gotten far enough in the game (or read the interview I mentioned or other such articles) then you might know what I am referring to. I certainly will not stop playing the game, nor other games where there is simulated violence perpetrated by guns in said games. I just felt...weird let's say in Far Cry 3 at the time I wrote my comment about it. It'll pass like any other experience any of us feel or take with us in any game we play.

Same can be said with a game like Journey or even Fez, especially since those games elicit specific responses on purpose. Uh, I don't want to seem like I'm ranting either so I'll just shut up now :)

#188 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:40

My comment wasn't intended as some call for gun control, or that I felt remorse for shooting digital douchebags in a shooter :D

My point was simply, for me, I just became uncomfortable with the thoughts of some of the things in game that's all. If you've gotten far enough in the game (or read the interview I mentioned or other such articles) then you might know what I am referring to. I certainly will not stop playing the game, nor other games where there is simulated violence perpetrated by guns in said games. I just felt...weird let's say in Far Cry 3 at the time I wrote my comment about it. It'll pass like any other experience any of us feel or take with us in any game we play.

Same can be said with a game like Journey or even Fez, especially since those games elicit specific responses on purpose. Uh, I don't want to seem like I'm ranting either so I'll just shut up now :)

Sorry for the attacking post :) but yes FC3 is great fun.

#189 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• 811 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:34

I just updated FC3 and lost all my game saves!
Whatever I did I couldn't get them to come back. I eventually got it to work by going into the game installation folder and opening the dx11 version of the fc3.exe. (also had to right click it and set it to run as admin)

Just thought I'd put this here incase anyone else every has the same issue.

Sorry for the attacking post :) but yes FC3 is great fun.

completed your survey :)

#190 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 20:23

I just updated FC3 and lost all my game saves!
Whatever I did I couldn't get them to come back. I eventually got it to work by going into the game installation folder and opening the dx11 version of the fc3.exe. (also had to right click it and set it to run as admin)

Just thought I'd put this here incase anyone else every has the same issue.

completed your survey :)

Thank you VERY much, it truly is greatly appreciated!

#191 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 18:24

28 hours on the dot. All side + hunting + Rakyat done before I did the last 3 story missions, wasting XP as I'm maxed on skills too. 10 letters and 25 Relics to go! :) great, great game.

#192 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:18

ALL (previously available) DLC up for grabs for 10$ (800 Microsoft Points).
Source
... and I have beer left! yes!

Edit: No achievements, F it.

#193 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• 11,438 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 22 January 2013 - 14:22

I always thought this was just a standard fps, then someone mentioned to me the rather obtuse comparison of being skyrim with guns...so I jumped on and looked at some video reviews and whilst I couldn't say its skyrim with guns its certainly not bad, very much enjoying the openness of the game and the rpg elements :)

#194 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,445 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:14

Anybody play on xbox? I need to play 3 of the co-op missions to have all achievements done and there is hardly anyone ever on that portion of multi-player, much less that stay the whole chapter.

#195 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:46

Just finished the game tonight. I'd say I put around 20 hours into it. Loved every minute of it. At first I didn't think I'd care for the story, and I didn't. But the gameplay was just awesome. After awhile, I started to get into the story. Jason got on my nerves a good bit, but after awhile you learn to connect with him. The ending(s) kind of let me down. Both were very quick, and felt rushed, or uninspired. But still, the gameplay was amazing. Vaas is definitely on my list of amazing game villains.

This made me laugh so hard. Not sure if it has been posted here before. I looked for a sec and didn't see it.