The Walking Dead is an upcoming episodic video game based on Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead graphic novel series. The game is under development by Telltale Games.The Walking Dead was planned for release in the fourth quarter of 2011. It is now expected to be released in mid 2012.
Some FAQs from Telltale's website:
• Is this a game about Rick Grimes, the hero of the comic books and TV show?
o No. Robert Kirkman (creator of The Walking Dead) and Telltale felt that it would be more interesting to tell a story of a new group of survivors.
• When does this game take place in The Walking Dead timeline?
o Our first episode takes place at the outset of the zombie apocalypse when Rick Grimes is still in a coma.
• Is this game based on the comic books or the TV show?
o We see the comic books as canon.
• Telltale’s previous games have featured puzzle elements. Is that something we’ll see in The Walking Dead?
o You’ll be challenged with problems for sure, but not classic ‘Adventure Game’ puzzles. You’re a survivor in a zombie apocalypse…you can imagine the problems that you’ll have to deal with.
• Does this game feature multiplayer?
o No. The Walking Dead is a single-player experience.
• Why does the game look the way it does?
o We were inspired by the work of Charlie Adlard, artist for the comic books.