The Walking Dead is an upcoming episodic video game based on Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead graphic novel series. The game is under development by Telltale Games.[2]The Walking Dead was planned for release in the fourth quarter of 2011.[3] It is now expected to be released in mid 2012.

Some FAQs from Telltale's website:

PbdTw.jpg

? Is this a game about Rick Grimes, the hero of the comic books and TV show?

o No. Robert Kirkman (creator of The Walking Dead) and Telltale felt that it would be more interesting to tell a story of a new group of survivors.

? When does this game take place in The Walking Dead timeline?

o Our first episode takes place at the outset of the zombie apocalypse when Rick Grimes is still in a coma.

? Is this game based on the comic books or the TV show?

o We see the comic books as canon.

? Telltale?s previous games have featured puzzle elements. Is that something we?ll see in The Walking Dead?

o You?ll be challenged with problems for sure, but not classic ?Adventure Game? puzzles. You?re a survivor in a zombie apocalypse?you can imagine the problems that you?ll have to deal with.

? Does this game feature multiplayer?

o No. The Walking Dead is a single-player experience.

? Why does the game look the way it does?

o We were inspired by the work of Charlie Adlard, artist for the comic books.

http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead

Interesting. If they could emulate the feel of the show, then it may be good. I hope they don't go the route of Dead Island with weapons that break down.

• 2 months later...

Did not feel the need to start a new thread even though this one is a few months old, but this is what I wrote on Steam about the game...

Way, WAY better than I expected it to be. I am a massive fan of the comic books, so I purchased this as a compliment to them. However I was pleasantly surprised by the fact it is one of the more enjoyable "point and click" adventure games I have ever played. If you also like the comic or the TV series, this is truly a no-brainer (pun intended). Pick it up immediately. If you are just looking for a good story driven experience where your choices actually do make a difference, I still believe you will enjoy it. Only downside was a few audio glitches and the shadows look truly awful. Other then those two small issues, solid experience all around.

So yeah, have to say it was WAY better than I expected it to be. I truly love the comic books, so I was getting this regardless being such a big fan of them. I also really love the visual style, the almost graffiti-comic book approach just really is nice visually. I also loved the fact Glenn (the character from the TV show) was wearing a shirt of a lesser known Hip Hop crew from California called the Hieroglyphics. Really truly random thing to throw in there, but nice little touch and nod to a Hip Hip crew that has always done it right.

Super pumped about grabbing this. Waiting till I head over to Game to pickup a PSN card (I have over ?100 trade in value on my Game card). I'll buy the whole pack at ?14.99 for sure.

Finishing up the Tales of Monkey Island episodes just now, love them. I have Back to the Future next, but I think The Walking Dead will grab it's limelight :p

Completely ignoring Jurassic Park for obvious reasons.

Super pumped about grabbing this. Waiting till I head over to Game to pickup a PSN card (I have over ?100 trade in value on my Game card). I'll buy the whole pack at ?14.99 for sure.

Finishing up the Tales of Monkey Island episodes just now, love them. I have Back to the Future next, but I think The Walking Dead will grab it's limelight :p

Completely ignoring Jurassic Park for obvious reasons.

I actually grabbed it on Steam since it supports cross play on Mac & Windows, and I could not find any concrete information about the release date for PSN, but now I regret doing so. Turns out the PSN version is basically $5 cheaper, and I just know it would have looked much better on my TV (there are hardly any options on the PC version to tweak, all of mine defaulted to high, and it still looks like a console port), and I used a controller to play it anyway, so this is one time I regret not having patience. :laugh: Could have saved money, and also had a better overall experience I think. I almost actually purchased it again, but realized that was madness. LOL I probably will just hook my Macbook up to my TV for the remaining episodes.

It was pretty fun. Took me a while to do one puzzle though.

Same here, was it the one

towards the end when you are in the parking lot outside the motel with the girl in the room? I did not see the pillow for a long, long time. Once I saw it, was smooth sailing, but took me way longer then it should have to find it.

towards the end when you are in the parking lot outside the motel with the girl in the room? I did not see the pillow for a long, long time. Once I saw it, was smooth sailing, but took me way longer then it should have to find it.

Nope, it was the

part you had the find the keys. I'd never thought I had to use the Axe on the combination lock. I scoured everywhere for the keys, couldn't find them. I even found the second battery but I couldn't find the keys.lol. The pillow was the first thing I saw when I was behind cover.

Nope, it was the

part you had the find the keys. I'd never thought I had to use the Axe on the combination lock. I scoured everywhere for the keys, couldn't find them. I even found the second battery but I couldn't find the keys.lol. The pillow was the first thing I saw when I was behind cover.

second battery? LOL Was wondering why he kept saying the same thing over and over.

second battery? LOL Was wondering why he kept saying the same thing over and over.

It wasn't a big deal if you found it or not I guess. lol.

• 7 months later...

Just finished this game. Why this thread isnt bigger? Lee Everett must go down as the best videogame character this year... or even this decade.

Finally got around to playing Episode 1 yesterday. What fun that was. I've read and been told to not play all of the episodes at once so I am going to take a couple days before starting Episode 2 (lets the impact of my decision making set in, I guess). Crazy game, though, really had me engrossed in everything that was going on. Being a big fan of the show helps but I think even as a game by itself its really, really good. Not sure if I heard correctly but is there going to be a 2nd season for the game?

Was totally flumoxed on the farm when deciding between Duck and the

Hershel's<BR>son. Ended up going with Duck but man, that was painful. After just

finishing<BR>Season 2 on Netflix, I feel rather bad for the Hershel character!

Hahaha, I got stuck on the same part.

Never saw the pillow at all, actually had to go to Google for it

:blush:

Just finished this game. Why this thread isnt bigger? Lee Everett must go down as the best videogame character this year... or even this decade.

I agree it was a good series of games, is it finishing at ep5? Do we have to wait for second series to see the story continue?

The only thing i would say is that the end was a little predictable in regards to Lee.

I agree it was a good series of games, is it finishing at ep5? Do we have to wait for second series to see the story continue?

The only thing i would say is that the end was a little predictable in regards to Lee.

Agreed. Finished episode 5 yesterday. Predictable once Lee got bit, but still very well done. GOTY! Few video games get you so emotionally involved.

I just started playing episode 1 on my ipad. Bought all 5 episodes a while ago but never got into it.

Sofar enjoying it - although the trailer for episode 2 doesnt fill me with want to play it...starving people? really?

Well, recently I made a post of how annoyed I was with my choices in games and a few people recommended for me to try this game. Well, I got episode 1 first, just to try it, now I have all 5 episodes. I must say, for a game I never even thought about getting before, this has turned out to be pretty good.

I do think there should be a few more choices or at least modify some of the choices that we have, just to make the game a bit more livelier. I think in some of the situations that occur, that they just are too, umm...not engrossing enough. I guess. I can understand a few of them,

like you have to choose between Duck or Shawn. But I think when it comes time to choose between Carley or Doug, you would have learned from your previous mistake to actually be able to save both this time. I mean, how hard is it to throw Carley a clip and then immediately turn and at least try to help Doug?

Or when in episode 2

and stuck in the meat locker, how hard is it to try and help Larry and to tell Lilly to keep feeling for a pulse and keep an eye on Kenny?

I mean geez! We already know what Kenny wants to do. Anyways, am really enjoying the game. Thanx to everyone in this post who recommended this game

• 3 months later...

I need help, I even resorted to an IGN walkthrough, but I'm stuck still; Ch. 5 Ep. 1 - I have turned on the static TVs.. I want an option to just chop Doug's head off, break the lock and go outside, I am so annoyed; what do I do when the TVs show static, how do I convince Doug to STFU and let me go outside and grab the brick?

Missed the picture; ashamed as much pride as I put into "fully exploring" a game and the games' world. lol