Microsoft stock hits 4-year high

they are confident of Metro :o time to invest on MSFT :p

No, the time to invest was at any point in the last two years. :laugh:

IMO, it still has room to grow. Look at MSFT in comparison to other tech stocks and they're way undervalued. They're one of the biggest names in the tech market, and some of their divisions (Xbox...) are insanely profitable. I honestly think they've been mentally undervalued (and under traded) simply because Apple has been blowing up.

IMO, it still has room to grow. Look at MSFT in comparison to other tech stocks and they're way undervalued. They're one of the biggest names in the tech market, and some of their divisions (Xbox...) are insanely profitable. I honestly think they've been mentally undervalued (and under traded) simply because Apple has been blowing up.

Yes, there is an enormous growth potential, considering that there new products haven't even completely come out of Redmond yet. Like Skype integration, Office, Windows, WP, O365.

If this is the stock value without them, I wonder what Microsoft's market capitalization would be with these things. Microsoft has just really started in mobile division.

The problem with Microsoft stock is that everyone can see threats to Microsoft on the horizon. They make so much money from Windows but if that market gets eroded then that will cause a problem. Only now are some of these threats actually starting to realise themselves

Funny how their stock hit the lowest when Windows 7 RTMed and hits a 4 year high when people are talking of Metro taking the company down.

• Like 3

Funny how their stock hit the lowest when Windows 7 RTMed and hits a 4 year high when people are talking of Metro taking the company down.

Alas, if only the financial world worked on facts and not external factors.

That being said, I'm glad I went long Microsoft a few months ago ;) I think Win8 will be a real winner in the tablet/phone world, especially if they allow dual-booting with Android.

Especially if they allow dual-booting with Android.

They have already announced that they won't on ARM, where it matters. Because of UEFI/Secure Boot, officially at least we can't put Android without jailbreaking and on Android tablets, you can't put WOA because WOA will be an OEM-only product sold only through new ARM PCs/tablets. But MS may change that any time.

Yes, there is an enormous growth potential, considering that there new products haven't even completely come out of Redmond yet. Like Skype integration, Office, Windows, WP, O365.

If this is the stock value without them, I wonder what Microsoft's market capitalization would be with these things. Microsoft has just really started in mobile division.

The problem is that investors have long considered only Windows as the only division that matters, regardless of how profitable Office, Xbox, and enterprise/server divisions were. But with well-coordinated strategy with Windows and WP7, they are finally realizing the potential growth the synergy could bring by entering into the mobile and tablet space. Xbox continues to perform insanely well with strong growth every quarter and year, and Kinect was a pure game changer that puts it really over the top compared to PS3 as a the entertainment system you have to have. This year, I think Bing will be a key piece, especially if they decide to pursue Yahoo again.

still not sure i would invest in them.

Would I invest in them? Probably not. Simply because there are better plays that can provide better returns and I'm more of a short-term trader. But MSFT is one of the safest stocks on the market this year with strong guaranteed growth potential, right next to companies like ABT (Abbott).

was just kidding

i am technically broke :/

I'd be a little bit leery about investing in them. If WP7 doesn't start increasing in market share, it's going to hurt them.

Not sure how Windows 8 will affect it. I'm sure it will sell well, but I'm not so sure people are going to welcome it with open arms.

But in the end, it's only the $$ that matters, and that's all the investors want to hear about.

I'd be a little bit leery about investing in them. If WP7 doesn't start increasing in market share, it's going to hurt them.

Not sure how Windows 8 will affect it. I'm sure it will sell well, but I'm not so sure people are going to welcome it with open arms.

But in the end, it's only the $$ that matters, and that's all the investors want to hear about.

They're undervalued regardless of how WP7 plays out. There was talk in the past of splitting Microsoft's gaming division out into a separately traded stock because people felt it's performance wasn't represented in MFST's price.

But, I think it would take something huge for MSFT to make big gains. They're going to be in Apple's shadow for a long time now. On the other hand, MSFT pays dividends, while APPL still doesn't ... so, it's always a fairly safe bet.

I wish there was a way to buy stocks from my country. I'd love to invest. Basically in a dozen years, you'll get your money back and start earning some serious cash.

If it was me I wouldn't want to be holding any Microsoft stock when Windows 8 gets released. I would buy stock about a year after windows 8 gets released. To make sure their stock won't tank.