One week to go!

One week to go!  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about the Consumer Preview?

• OH MY GOD YES
    • Not really, no

Don't care. Why would i be excited about Files being stored on SkyDrive when i can store them locally on my 4Tb disk space. Why would i sign in to my machine using live account when i have local Windows account? Why would i need to access files on SkyDrive from some other location when i can carry USB 3.0 flash drive on my key chain.

Windows 8 -> most boring release ever.

Excited? Not really. Disappointed? Extremely.

This poll is posted in the Microsoft Beta section though, so I think the results are going to be pretty slanted.

How does one get disappointed in something that hasn't been release yet?

Don't care. Why would i be excited about Files being stored on SkyDrive when i can store them locally on my 4Tb disk space. Why would i sign in to my machine using live account when i have local Windows account? Why would i need to access files on SkyDrive from some other location when i can carry USB 3.0 flash drive on my key chain.

Windows 8 -> most boring release ever.

Right, and every update of OSX is breathtaking. :rolleyes:

On a excitement scale of 1-10, I'm a 7. There's enough features in Win8 to improve general use efficiency with better integration and simplification of basic tasks. Speed/performance and stability alone should is enough to appease most.

If win8 release is boring. Then mountain lion is not even a bug fix patch......

im sorry but ur too awesome for all the new features of windows .. Why don't you stick to win7?

And I can't wait to try metro with a mouse. Heard great stuff about how well the controls work now.. Wanna try them asap!

I think there will allot of security risks with Windows 8 and with privacy and security at a all time high in technology it scares me to be real honest. States Attorney Generals around the country right now are looking at Google and their new invasive probing of your surfing habits and selling out to more 3rd party companies. I think W8 is going down the same road as Google trying to monitor more of what you do. Maybe I'm off topic a bit but it all comes down to security and privacy and how does W8 address this and present this compared to W7

I think there will allot of security risks with Windows 8 and with privacy and security at a all time high in technology it scares me to be real honest. States Attorney Generals around the country right now are looking at Google and their new invasive probing of your surfing habits and selling out to more 3rd party companies. I think W8 is going down the same road as Google trying to monitor more of what you do. Maybe I'm off topic a bit but it all comes down to security and privacy and how does W8 address this and present this compared to W7

LOLWut.jpg

I agree, Windows 8 is the most boring Windows release ever. AND please, do not speak about OSX, it`s even worse.

I would try Win 8 on a tablet for sure, but on my desktop I had no fun whatsoever. Uninstalled it after a few hours. And yes, I know how it works.

I agree, Windows 8 is the most boring release ever. AND please, do not speak about OSX.

I dunno, ME was practically a silent release, and it was 98 made worse.

Of course, the Metro interface is bringing back horrible memories of "Active Desktop", but after using 7, I'm still a little excited to see what they can do with 8.

Cannot wait! I used Windows 7 on its first Beta until its retail release, was a fun time! Looking forward to what is hopefully going to be better integration of the desktop and the Metro Tiles.

Excited? Not really no. I will download it, and I will install it onto a Virtual Machine. From the Dev Preview, Pictures, Articles, etc, I am not a fan of Tiles, or the Metro styling of the interface. I am more going into the CP to see if there is a way to reduce tiles/the tiled start screen to be gone completely (simmilar to dev preview) and a way to possibly skin/alter the metro look. Really my testing is to see if I can get Windows 8 to look and act like Windows 7 in the interface and functionality department.

One week today we'll all be living the high life with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview! Excitiiiing!

... Or is it? I dunno, you tell me.

Are pointless polls like this even allowed? Am I going to be banned? ANSWER MY QUESTION.

No -- no point in using Windows 8

Can't wait to laugh about it.

+ 1 :laugh:

Excited? Not really no. I will download it, and I will install it onto a Virtual Machine. From the Dev Preview, Pictures, Articles, etc, I am not a fan of Tiles, or the Metro styling of the interface. I am more going into the CP to see if there is a way to reduce tiles/the tiled start screen to be gone completely (simmilar to dev preview) and a way to possibly skin/alter the metro look. Really my testing is to see if I can get Windows 8 to look and act like Windows 7 in the interface and functionality department.

Can't wait to laugh about it.

You mean you should enjoy your viruses. Windows Store is going to be source of malware.

No -- no point in using Windows 8

+ 1 :laugh:

Well you 4 may as well not even bother and stay with Windows 7.

But can you do me a favour before you do, tell us all what the final release of Windows 8 is like, because you all seem to know what it's like before us and possiblely the developers at MS.

Well you 4 may as well not even bother and stay with Windows 7.

But can you do me a favour before you do, tell us all what the final release of Windows 8 is like, because you all seem to know what it's like before us and possiblely the developers at MS.

That's been my plan all along -- along with Windows XP. :shifty:

All I need to know about Windows 8 is, it will not do anything better or different for ME, that I can't do now.

If Windows 8 tickles your funny bone, go shell out lotsa money and enjoy.

Why ruin the surprise for you? That wouldn't be very nice of us.