Photo

One week to go!

win8 poll

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: One week to go!

Are you excited about the Consumer Preview?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 johnporter29

johnporter29

a = 1; b = 2; a + b = c

• Phone: Lenovo A820

Posted 25 February 2012 - 17:06

Excited? Not really no. I will download it, and I will install it onto a Virtual Machine. From the Dev Preview, Pictures, Articles, etc, I am not a fan of Tiles, or the Metro styling of the interface. I am more going into the CP to see if there is a way to reduce tiles/the tiled start screen to be gone completely (simmilar to dev preview) and a way to possibly skin/alter the metro look. Really my testing is to see if I can get Windows 8 to look and act like Windows 7 in the interface and functionality department.

Can't wait to laugh about it.

You mean you should enjoy your viruses. Windows Store is going to be source of malware.

No -- no point in using Windows 8

+ 1 :laugh:

Well you 4 may as well not even bother and stay with Windows 7.

But can you do me a favour before you do, tell us all what the final release of Windows 8 is like, because you all seem to know what it's like before us and possiblely the developers at MS.

#47 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 25 February 2012 - 17:11

Well you 4 may as well not even bother and stay with Windows 7.

But can you do me a favour before you do, tell us all what the final release of Windows 8 is like, because you all seem to know what it's like before us and possiblely the developers at MS.

That's been my plan all along -- along with Windows XP. :shifty:

All I need to know about Windows 8 is, it will not do anything better or different for ME, that I can't do now.

If Windows 8 tickles your funny bone, go shell out lotsa money and enjoy.

#48 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 25 February 2012 - 17:29

Why ruin the surprise for you? That wouldn't be very nice of us.

#49 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

Posted 25 February 2012 - 23:33

What is the point of having to login to Windows Live account to access my desktop.

#50 efjay

efjay

Neowinian

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:54

What is the point of having to login to Windows Live account to access my desktop.

You don't have to, its optional to use a live id. You are free to setup a standard local account.

#51 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:18

You mean you should enjoy your viruses. Windows Store is going to be source of malware.

WIndows is using androids market????

Been running strictly Windows 8 since the dev preview (aside from my gentoo partition but since installing windows 8 i think i booted into it once to run an update). I am however excited to use the new visual studio

That's been my plan all along -- along with Windows XP. :shifty:

All I need to know about Windows 8 is, it will not do anything better or different for ME, that I can't do now.

If Windows 8 tickles your funny bone, go shell out lotsa money and enjoy.

lol if 200 for an OS that will last years is lotsa money to you then the tech field is the wrong place for you im afraid.

#52 techguy77

techguy77

Neowinian

Posted 27 February 2012 - 23:34

You don't have to, it is optional.

#53 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 27 February 2012 - 23:36

WIndows is using androids market????

Been running strictly Windows 8 since the dev preview (aside from my gentoo partition but since installing windows 8 i think i booted into it once to run an update). I am however excited to use the new visual studio

lol if 200 for an OS that will last years is lotsa money to you then the tech field is the wrong place for you im afraid.

You seem to forget the new hardware that tends to be needed, as well as newer software programs. :laugh:

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!