PC - WBK3T-TSH6Z-633B3-BT3TT-Z6SR5
XBOX - C3CBJ-CW5CR-3R6TR-5F33T-5RXZX
PS3 - C3CBJ-CW5HJ-6S3WJ-9B53T-5RX6C

#257 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:00

I read that on play through 2, you want to ignore as many side quest as possible. Apparently when you hit lvl 50, everything scales up to max. Thus, you will get much better rewards if you wait till total end game to start the side quest. Problem though with that, is the end of the story line is for level 50 characters, and it is hard to level up with the main story line without doing side quest or massive farming in another area. Me and my girl tried to just go through the story line, and we just entered the main base of where Jack is, just after killing his body double. All the robots are level 48+, and me and my girl are still level 43 and 45. Everything is so hard to kill. It takes us about 20 deaths to take out a horde of robots. So if you can skip quest, awesome. If not, you are in for a very frustrating time :p

#258 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,344 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 19:00

No kidding. Trying to make money off of codes you get for free.

If you want to really get those codes in the hands of someone, just make a topic and say you will give it out to a random person that needs them. But you most likely will not ever be given money for those codes. The main reason is, you can't tell the code is used until you try it, thus a lot of trust would be needed between you and the buyer, either in giving code first then money, or vise versa. Best to just give them away for free, since in reality, you got them for free.

I disagree, for those who didn't pre-order and did not get the extras and might want them this works. Those people cannot download the specific items yet and can only get a season pass, and I'm offering cheaper than the store will be. So for those able to trust etc, it does work.

#259 Ryoken

Ryoken

The Other Other White Meat

• 2,295 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, iPad Mini

Posted 06 October 2012 - 20:12

PC - CTCTB-3BTZZ-6BBJJ-TTJTB-JXCHC
360 - CJKT3-WRK5R-3XR36-KRJJJ-5XJZW
PS3 - CJKT3-WRK9J-6ZJ53-SJKJJ-5XJTR

#260 UKDarkJedi

UKDarkJedi

Neowinian

• 1,141 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 23:30

What do these shift codes allow one to do?

#261 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• 14,902 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 06 October 2012 - 23:51

What do these shift codes allow one to do?

At the moment, each code allows you to get a Golden Key, which unlocks a golden chest in Sanctuary that contains very rare weapons, which aren't that rare anymore considering how many codes Gearbox and Randy Pitchford have been distributing over the past couple of weeks. :p

#262 Ryoken

Ryoken

The Other Other White Meat

• 2,295 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7, iPad Mini

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:38

But each key only works once.. so once you use it, that's it..

Having a bunch means you can either spread them out, or whatever..

I'm saving them till I need them.. or till I hit the higher levels.. save a few more for expansions when the lvl cap goes up..

#263 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 4,688 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:31

What's the point of SHiFT?

I mean, they are giving away codes for keys now, but are they trying to get people to sign up to do something else with it later or is it just that?

#264 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• 14,902 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:18

What's the point of SHiFT?

I mean, they are giving away codes for keys now, but are they trying to get people to sign up to do something else with it later or is it just that?

This will help explain it: http://www.explosion...-gearbox-shift/

#265 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 13:49

So, I am still not sure wether I should get it or not.
Have no one to play with on PC. Of course almost all of my friends are on 360 or PS. :(
Forever alone

#266 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,644 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:23

This game is more solo friendly due to the fact it is bit easier and the story is much better. Also you can really use any weapon type in the game effectively. BL1 you could use any weapon but if your class wasn't proficient in that type, you'd have a hard time with it.

I've done almost two playthroughs completely solo and not really had any trouble where i think i'd need another player to help. If anything it requires more skill. The only upside to having coop buddies is rare loot is more common in multiplayer.

For my next playthrough with the new mechromancer, i am going to look for some coop buddies to play with though. Just bought a decent headset to do so.

#267 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:37

Not sure if it is somehow connected with each other or not... but I had the coolest glitch happen last night.
First, I did the contra code at the start screen. I then went into the game options and enabled "extra wub wub".
Then, I played for about 5 hours. I died a ton of times. Then, as my girlfriend and another friend joined my game, we started back on the story missions. Upon fighting a big group of enemies, I see " Second Wind " flash on my screen, OVER AND OVER. I just thought that my girl was being insanely quick on her Siren revivals at first, but then came to realize. I HAD GOD MODE! I couldn't be killed. I was just standing in all the fights, and every time I would go down, I was instantly revived somehow.
Now, what made this all better, was that I found the " Whiskey Tango Foxtrot " Shield. It is awesome because the shield throws out about 20 grenades that do insane damage, and kill basically anything they explode on, at lvl 49.So grenades were constantly going off, and I could not be killed.
Was honestly a ton of fun too.
I quit the game around 3 in the morning, and after rebooting it, the glitch was not saved to my character, so I'm back to being mortal :p
- PS3 glitch was awesome lol

#268 Jeston

Jeston

Neowinian Senior

• 3,694 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:37

Mechromancer class is available a week early (today) :D

#269 +mikebiacsi

mikebiacsi

You can't hack me, i got Norton.

• 2,122 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 19:34

But each key only works once.. so once you use it, that's it..

Yes. Only once :p

#270 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• 4,317 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 09 October 2012 - 23:25

This will help explain it: http://www.explosion...-gearbox-shift/

Thanks for that link - that's quite nice. Now how on Earth were people supposed to find out if they're just playing the game?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!