New Mechromancer Class, Character Customization Coming To Borderlands 2

Mechromancer610610.jpg

During their PAX East panel today, members of Gearbox announced that Borderlands 2 will be adding a Mechromancer class and character customization to the massive shooter. Rather than a stock assortment of gear and costumes, players will have to earn their new wardrobes.

New gear, costume pieces, and even custom heads can be acquired by completing missions and challenges, as well as ranking up. In addition, players of the original Borderlands will immediately be rewarded with an exclusive head and skin.

The Mechromancer is yet to be developed, and will be made available as post-launch DLC. This female character seems to be a mix of human and machine, and can control a large robot known as D374-TP (Deathtrap). The character will be made available for free to those that pre-order the game. There is no ETA or pricing available for the Mechromancer yet, but Randy Pitchford said he hopes to price it at a level "comparable to most DLC."

d347-tp610.jpg

Via gameinformer

i've followed the pax east coverage, and man i really want to get my hands on this.

the class they talked looks really great, a necromancer a la borderlands.

and the gun case edition....me wants it really, really bad...looks pretty amazing

Would have been nice to them have fixed the first one on the PS3 with the save game bug that would corrupt save games for no apparent reason. Alot of people associated it to a PSN connection dropping but I twice had to start from scratch without that happening. Made me give up on what I considered a very enjoyable game.

Can't wait.

Started playing through the original again (fourth time) to brush up. Finally bought the expansion packs, and I'm halfway through those. This isn't going to last me to September! Such a bummer it got pushed back again, but fall has always been my gaming season. <3

:s

Someone really likes the original one

I started playing alone when it came out, as Brick (though I never finished that playthrough). Then I started over with friends, playing as Lilith--we went through the second playthrough.

I just bought the expansion packs (wanted to finish them before the second game came out) but haven't touched the game in over a year, and since I no longer have my save on my HD, I had to play through the entire game again in order to play those. It went fast, since my boyfriend decided to give Willowtree a go.

I do really like the original. But I'm not obsessive over it, either :p. It's genuinely a great game! I usually play the hell out of my games, and that one just happens to have a lot of replay value, for me. :)

I started playing alone when it came out, as Brick (though I never finished that playthrough). Then I started over with friends, playing as Lilith--we went through the second playthrough.

I just bought the expansion packs (wanted to finish them before the second game came out) but haven't touched the game in over a year, and since I no longer have my save on my HD, I had to play through the entire game again in order to play those. It went fast, since my boyfriend decided to give Willowtree a go.

I do really like the original. But I'm not obsessive over it, either :p. It's genuinely a great game! I usually play the hell out of my games, and that one just happens to have a lot of replay value, for me. :)

I haven't bought the expansion packs myself, but I have played them. On another system.

As for the gameplay, I have finished it 1.5 times. Was almost in the middle when Battlefield 3 came out, and then Mass Effect 3 and now Max Payne 3 and .... the list goes on

I haven't bought the expansion packs myself, but I have played them. On another system.

As for the gameplay, I have finished it 1.5 times. Was almost in the middle when Battlefield 3 came out, and then Mass Effect 3 and now Max Payne 3 and .... the list goes on

That's my problem with the game coming out in the fall; so do all of my other favorite games.

• 5 months later...

Really excited for this game now. I've been playing the first one again. I got 95 hours clocked up on it. Pretty much every mission is done except for You.Will.Die, Crawermax on playthrough 2. Not even worth trying, i can't even last a minute.

Just got this beast of a weapon Assault Rifile, it has 231 magazine, the power isn't as high as some rifiles but the accuracy is high so i can just hold the mouse down and let it rip.

I can't wait. One thing that just occurred to me is it would have been awesome if they incorporated the Steam Inventory into the game. That way you could see all your unique guns and trade them with others without having to be in-game.

^ BAUS launch trailer

I'm getting it pre-loaded on my computer already via steam (love that they offer that btw). I can't wait to start playing it as soon as it comes out, won't be sleeping tonight probably, will be playing it till i have to go to school tomorrow afternoon

Sweet trailer, watched it a few times; cant wait pre-loading now :)

Only Just noticed its available for pre-loading (has been since Friday)

... won't be sleeping tonight probably, will be playing it till i have to go to school tomorrow afternoon

I wish, Ill have to wait till Friday for release here :(