official fps borderlands gearbox pc xbox 360 ps3

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#61 ThePokedPenguin

ThePokedPenguin

Need more lemon pledge

• 176 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 15:28

Loved the first game, love this even more. Unlocked it via VPN at 5am and played for about 5 hours. Lots of little improvements over the first game really improve the experience

Posted Image

#62 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 16:15

Just picked up my PS3 version during my bank run.... Now waiting for lunch hour... after lunch hour, going to just be counting the hours down til closing time. Game looks so awesome. Gearbox is going to become one of the best gaming companies in a little while. They seem to be on track with what gamers really want.

#63 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,448 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 18 September 2012 - 16:42

I'm really looking forward to getting some time to play this game. My brother and I played the first one to death back in the day. Unfortunately, I won't get much time to play this week. (Anniversary on Thursday, and friend's wedding on Friday) I'm totally jealous of those of you who are playing already.

How is Zer0? He's the one I'm going to play with first, but some of his talents were kind of ambiguous. (Like Counter Strike and Killing blow). They could be really, really awesome...or really, really terrible depending on the thresholds used (which aren't mentioned). How is he playing early game so far?

#64 +mikebiacsi

mikebiacsi

You can't hack me, i got Norton.

• 2,127 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 16:45

I hate all of you who don't have to wait untill friday to play it! :p

#65 B0mberman

B0mberman

Silence is the key to Wisdom

• 5,151 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:05

can't wait! let me play steam! now!!! :D

#66 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:12

Love the Intro/Theme song to the game

If you got it on ps3, add me - PeanutTown

#67 xirtam

xirtam

Neowinian

• 538 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:35

...Unlocked it via VPN...

Good Idea, why wait till Friday when there is no need, Cheers :p
Time to Play now Now :D

#68 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

• 1,742 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 17:46

Love the Intro/Theme song to the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QUZzeZoPQ&feature=share

If you got it on ps3, add me - PeanutTown

Yeah hearing that made me a little mad I didn't go to the launch party to see them live.

Btw added you LOC as soonerfreak.

#69 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 19:02

Love the dialogue so far. Laughed out loud about 10 times, and only about 10 minutes into the game.
Best one so far is, " I bought a pony made out of diamonds, because I'm rich like that. Was trying to think of a name for him that reminded me of you... **** for brains just doesn't sound right." :p

#70 lemonGrass

lemonGrass

Residential Idiot

• 934 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 21:52

For those in North America who plays Axton, what specific role does he play for the team? Support? All-around damage dealer? Tank?

#71 paxa

paxa

Neowinian

• 761 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 22:45

been seeing the live streams from gearbox, just finished watching the the gamespot one. and now even more i can't wait to get my hands on the game. it looks really great.

#72 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 18 September 2012 - 23:06

For someone who hasn't played Borderlands, and is burnt out on FPS for the time being, would I dislike this game?

Only asking because a bud of mine is begging for me to pick it up, but I'm not sure I am ready for another FPS at this point. Are the RPG elements enough to make me forget about it? Just wondering.

#73 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

• 13,869 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 23:22

Yeah hearing that made me a little mad I didn't go to the launch party to see them live.

Btw added you LOC as soonerfreak.

Yeah I saw :D

For someone who hasn't played Borderlands, and is burnt out on FPS for the time being, would I dislike this game?

Only asking because a bud of mine is begging for me to pick it up, but I'm not sure I am ready for another FPS at this point. Are the RPG elements enough to make me forget about it? Just wondering.

I think you'd like it. But, then again it IS an FPS game, with RPG elements. Slightly more RPG elements than say, Mass Effect etc. But it does have RPG elements none the less. Also, with the new Bad Ass system, you can tweak your guys pretty well now also. So maybe...slightly more RPG-ish? :p

#74 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,889 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 18 September 2012 - 23:34

Looks like I am going to have some time to check out the PC version tonight. Will see if anyone is on Steam when I do. I do need a little bit to play with graphics settings though, need to make sure it is running the best it can. I also never beat Borderlands 1, so I am a casual Borderlands player, so keep this in mind if we do play, I may not know exactly what I am doing. But I am decent at shooting stuff. :laugh:

#75 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

• 1,742 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 00:19

Love the dialogue so far. Laughed out loud about 10 times, and only about 10 minutes into the game.
Best one so far is, " I bought a pony made out of diamonds, because I'm rich like that. Was trying to think of a name for him that reminded me of you... **** for brains just doesn't sound right." :p

I can't decide if I like Clap Trap or Handsome Jack more.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!