agree with most of the opinions above. this is an upgraded Borderlands, the presentation is slightly better, the music is better, the opening/title screen is nice, the scenery is more diverse etc...but it's not night and day better than BR. still the same totally addictive and fun gameplay, and can be really tough. so it's all good, really.

Any xbox players looking to coop? I am playing as Zero and try to solely use a sniper right with a smg as secondary. Trying to find someone to coop with that plays a different class/gun combo.

I am only Level 8 right now, but I have to say the game really is a whole, whole lot of fun. I spent 15 minutes before just shooting projectiles out of the air so I could fully do the Hurly Burly Challenge. :laugh:

I was even playing lone wolf tonight, and it was still really fun. Great game indeed.

I will say, it is pretty crazy the dips in performance I see though. I just recently acquired a 660 Ti (big reason for doing so was this game was free with purchase), and in some places I get 100 FPS, in others I have seen it go as low as 35. Nevermind the fact I have to keep PhysX set to Low, anything else truly kills frame rate. Thinking I might get another one of these bad boys for XMas and do SLi again. :shiftyninja:

Really am quite impressed with the game overall though. For some reason while I liked the first one, it did not hook me into it like this game is. I had to force myself to just stop playing now to go to bed at a reasonable time. That is my way of measuring a great game from a good game.

The one and only thing I am not a fan of is the save system. Due to not being able to play long clips at a time, I have already twice now been in the middle of a mission, had to quit, and started way, way back from where I was. I do not really get it, as I seem to activate those spawn points? Can anyone clarify exactly how it all works?

^ weird, auto save should activate fairly often

plus, when you quit it should do a manual save (hens why it says "save and quit")

not sure why it's doing that to you, I haven't had any problems

The one and only thing I am not a fan of is the save system. Due to not being able to play long clips at a time, I have already twice now been in the middle of a mission, had to quit, and started way, way back from where I was. I do not really get it, as I seem to activate those spawn points? Can anyone clarify exactly how it all works?

When it saves you'll start from the last fast travel location (or the start of a map i think). So all your progress is saved including items you picked up but you'll start all the way back at the start, with all the enemies and chests. It is kind of annoying because the areas and missions are much bigger. It was the same with BL1 but it wasn't so bad because the missions and areas weren't as large.

My advice is when tackling a main story mission, make sure you have an hour or two spare because they can sometimes be pretty long. Side missions while they can be long, most are done pretty quickly. Also when you see a fast travel location, you know it is safe to quit.

Im on the PC and was wondering. All my m8s are ps3 or Xbox so i dont have Steam buddies. By playing with Public Co Op people am i going to end up rushing through the game ? Will i also miss good guns if im not quick enough ? It seems quite hard on single and i re spawn often, where as on Multi i can stay alive for a while.

The Tiny Tina quest line was the weirdest thing ever. I was creeped out, lol.

weird...yet hilarious at the same time! she cracks me up...

I'm probably gonna love it then, as it sounds like Tiny Tina is essentially the video game form of Ashly Burch from Hey Ash Whatcha Playin'. Which isn't really a surprise, as she's the voice actress for Tiny Tina. :p

In case anyone here hasn't seen HAWP before, I'd recommend starting with the Gearbox Software videos:

, and
. BTW, if anyone here didn't like the ending to the first Borderlands, then you're gonna love part 4. ;)

When it saves you'll start from the last fast travel location (or the start of a map i think). So all your progress is saved including items you picked up but you'll start all the way back at the start, with all the enemies and chests. It is kind of annoying because the areas and missions are much bigger. It was the same with BL1 but it wasn't so bad because the missions and areas weren't as large.

My advice is when tackling a main story mission, make sure you have an hour or two spare because they can sometimes be pretty long. Side missions while they can be long, most are done pretty quickly. Also when you see a fast travel location, you know it is safe to quit.

Yeah this is what I thought as well, but it is definitely not starting me at those fast travel locations, just at the start of the map so to speak. Oh well, just have to live with. My issue is I can think I have a few hours to play then really do not, but that is not going to change and is what it is. I may just start alt tabbing out of it and leaving it running. :laugh:

Yeah this is what I thought as well, but it is definitely not starting me at those fast travel locations, just at the start of the map so to speak. Oh well, just have to live with. My issue is I can think I have a few hours to play then really do not, but that is not going to change and is what it is. I may just start alt tabbing out of it and leaving it running. :laugh:

It is designed that way. Not sure why but that is how it should operate. It doesn't save the exact location you are on in the map, just the map you are on and your inventory/stats/exp. Everything else on the map resets. I will say I like that feature because it means you can go back and fight bosses again, something that you couldn't do in BL 1.

Boss farming!

Yep. Or even just revisiting old content. You have to make another character just to fight a boss more than once which for today's games is something that should always be there.

I'm not liking this game that much so far, but I think it's more because all the guns I have right now are pretty pants. Nothing is particularly effective just yet. :| Ah well. I shall persevere. I think this was the same problem with the first game. No fun early on!

I'm probably gonna love it then, as it sounds like Tiny Tina is essentially the video game form of Ashly Burch from Hey Ash Whatcha Playin'. Which isn't really a surprise, as she's the voice actress for Tiny Tina. :p

In case anyone here hasn't seen HAWP before, I'd recommend starting with the Gearbox Software videos:

, and
. BTW, if anyone here didn't like the ending to the first Borderlands, then you're gonna love part 4. ;)

Excellent! things to watch while playing Borderlands 2 tonight!

I'm not liking this game that much so far, but I think it's more because all the guns I have right now are pretty pants. Nothing is particularly effective just yet. :| Ah well. I shall persevere. I think this was the same problem with the first game. No fun early on!

Keep in mind borderlands isn't an fps the same way a game like halo or call of duty. You have to carry various types of guns that do damage different to be effective in the game. You can't rely on white damage only and you can't rely on a single high powered elemental damage gun. At one point you have to say no to carrying around 4 high powered fire weapons and switch one out for a lower damage weapon that does electric or just pure white. Most people I have played with have no fully realized this. A weapon that does 75 white damage can be more effective than a weapon that does 100 fire(or any other elemental) damage.

Keep in mind borderlands isn't an fps the same way a game like halo or call of duty. You have to carry various types of guns that do damage different to be effective in the game. You can't rely on white damage only and you can't rely on a single high powered elemental damage gun. At one point you have to say no to carrying around 4 high powered fire weapons and switch one out for a lower damage weapon that does electric or just pure white. Most people I have played with have no fully realized this. A weapon that does 75 white damage can be more effective than a weapon that does 100 fire(or any other elemental) damage.

If people don't realize this... they are just stupid.

I've been playing with a team of my girlfriend, 2 other real life friends, and me. We have combinations that we use to take out certain enemies. One of us always uses Slag, while the others will use white damage and elemental damage that goes against the enemy. That way we always have steady damage, along with slag bonus damage, and the elemental bonus damage. It has made for a very easy playthrough... though has required a good deal of strategy and teamwork.

It also helps that we are a team of Siren, Commando, and 2 Zeros :p

It is designed that way. Not sure why but that is how it should operate. It doesn't save the exact location you are on in the map, just the map you are on and your inventory/stats/exp. Everything else on the map resets. I will say I like that feature because it means you can go back and fight bosses again, something that you couldn't do in BL 1.

No yeah I thought it was supposed to be those "check points" where when you die you spawn there.

If people don't realize this... they are just stupid.

Not sure I agree there, could just be they don't play as much as you. I've only played 3 hours since the game was released. I cannot recall the game going over different types of weapons at all. I have not visited any sites or guides, etc. so besides the obvious differences between damage, accuracy, etc. etc. when did the game plan on telling me about the white damage, etc?

No yeah I thought it was supposed to be those "check points" where when you die you spawn there.

Not sure I agree there, could just be they don't play as much as you. I've only played 3 hours since the game was released. I cannot recall the game going over different types of weapons at all. I have not visited any sites or guides, etc. so besides the obvious differences between damage, accuracy, etc. etc. when did the game plan on telling me about the white damage, etc?

If you have a SSD, you might miss it, but they explain it in the loading screen help text. As well as when you come to the new types of enemies, it will say, " Such and such works best against these."

The only element it didn't explain was Slag. Slag grants a bonus to all other types of damage when used agianst an enemy. Basically doubling what you would normally do.

When doing the Varkid quest at the beginning, it says in the voice, " Fire works best against bugs." Unless those bugs happen to be made of fire :p

White damage is good for anything without armor. It's just your normal damage.

Explosion damage does basic good damage to everything, though lower than what the best element against said enemy would be. It's your "eh, it will work." ammo.

Corrosive against metal

Flame against anything without a shield and isn't metal or rock.

Slag against everything.