[Objective-C] Stack Overflow alternatives?

Question

Not sure if this kind of post is allowed. Forgive me if it isn't :blush: .

Are there any good alternatives to Stack Overflow.com for getting help with Objective-C questions?

9 answers to this question

How about the Apple Developer Forums? Having said that, Stack Overflow is pretty awesome - what do you have against it?

I love SO... But they banned me from asking new questions. I'm not really sure why; when I go to ask a question, I get:
Sorry, we are no longer accepting questions from this account. See http://goo.gl/C1Kwu to learn more.

My best guess is I asked a few questions and they feel that they had already been answered. :blush:

Well, the search button is your friend. Do that on the Apple forums and you'll probably get banned as well!

In the future, I am definitely going to be more careful! I have learned my lesson (Y). I just wish SO would give me a second chance. I really think they should have at least given me a warning before outright banning me.

I love SO... But they banned me from asking new questions. I'm not really sure why; when I go to ask a question, I get:

My best guess is I asked a few questions and they feel that they had already been answered.

Have you tried asking an admin? Also, you may try "Accepting" some of the answers if you have not already done so. Of course, you could also just create a new account.

Have you tried asking an admin? Also, you may try "Accepting" some of the answers if you have not already done so. Of course, you could also just create a new account.

It says that the ban is at a lower level than account (like, by IP address). I guess I could try a VPN or a proxy or TOR, but... That would be dishonest.

StackOverflow only bans you if you consistently ask questions that get downvoted (e.g. questions where you haven't done sufficient research before asking the question), 4 of your last 5 questions have received negative rep. However, since you've only asked 8 questions in total it's likely you can reverse the suspension by editing your questions and/or answering other peoples questions.

StackOverflow only bans you if you consistently ask questions that get downvoted (e.g. questions where you haven't done sufficient research before asking the question), 4 of your last 5 questions have received negative rep. However, since you've only asked 8 questions in total it's likely you can reverse the suspension by editing your questions and/or answering other peoples questions.

I guess I will take some time to try and help others out. Maybe that will reverse the ban. Should I try deleting some of my questions?

I guess I will take some time to try and help others out. Maybe that will reverse the ban. Should I try deleting some of my questions?

As far as I know negative rep remains even if you delete the question (well, it does for answers, not 100% sure about questions). Answering a few questions is probably more likely to get the ban removed according to the SO developers:

We have a heuristic in place that stops users from asking questions if we notice a lot of downvotes for a users.

If you tripped the heuristic just by a tiny bit' date=' if you provide one or two more quality answers that get upvoted you will be able to ask questions again.[/quote']