Which web browser?

Which web browser?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Opera or Safari?

• Opera
    • Safari
    • Something else (NOT Firefox) -- please explain

Should I use Opera, Safari, or something else (other than Firefox)? I have OS X. I used to use Firefox, but don't really like it.

Safari works with OS X pretty good.

How often does Apple update the browser engine? I know Chrome uses WebKit, too, and they release updates very frequently.

How often does Apple update the browser engine? I know Chrome uses WebKit, too, and they release updates very frequently.

Not very often(Apple release security update once in a while) like Chrome but i will either stick with safari for it feature integration with Mac or go with chrome.

Safari. If you want to be on the bleeding edge of WebKit development, use a WebKit nightly build (see http://nightly.webkit.org ) - on OS X these use the Safari UI.

This so much.

Also: bonus if you have an iPhone: it syncs beautifully.

I also like how Safari presents you the bookmark/recent pages search etc.

Safari now has a solid set of good extensions, too. Surely nothing compared to FF, but the basic things are there: AB+, Amazon Wishlist (which I use, genius utility!), 1Password, Invisible Hand, ...

Those are some of what I use.

I ADORE the built-in Reading List, sure it's basically what Read it Later offers, but it's built-in and syncs via iCloud.

That way I have less 3rd party stuff running and it's well integrated.

Safari really is a good option, if you need the latest WebKit, well, go for that.

Chrome is excellent for any secure browsing session I do, so stuff I don't want to be tracked of.

It's set to the most paranoid settings like no plug-ins (click to execute a flash element basically, no java), no history, incognito mode just to have a second guard.

I use it together with my VPN.

Glassed Silver:mac