• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#16 killmaster84

killmaster84

Neowins n00b

• 4,593 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 1020

Posted 08 March 2012 - 17:49

Never played the SP on the last one but I did enjoy the MP.

#17 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 17:50

Single Player was good, in the last one

#18 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:10

Both single and multiplayer were more than fine, the game just wasn't loved and so the community wasn't there. I hope this onel fares better. Looks like another one to get on origin, sadly...

#19 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,392 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 10 March 2012 - 17:16

Cleaned

#20 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 14:21

#21 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• 7,479 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 14:29

I wonder if they are going to completely reinvent the multiplayer portion of the game again. It doesn't seem like DICE will be in charge of it this time and who can say if that's good or bad at this point. The sky is the limit considering how bad the last one was, though.

I don't think last one was that bad TBH. I still play MP from time to time (if I find players :) ) and I still think, despite all the bugs and 4-5 hour campaign it was a solid one.

I think this one will be much better. They learned from mistakes and have had ample time to make this one right.

Multiplayer in first one had issues without a doubt, but overall it was still enjoyable after a while. The whole sniper, 1 shot 1 kill (even in the leg) was stupid, but they patched it a bit later and it was much much better.

I mean the MP had it's own identity compared to COD and BF3. It was a mix of both and in a good way.

#22 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,812 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 14:57

I really am getting pretty sick of these quick cut hollywood trailers. I mean you can make pretty much any game or film look good like that.

#23 +Livin in a box

Livin in a box

Oh man. I shot Marvin in the face.

• 2,502 posts
  • Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 12 April 2012 - 15:02

I really am getting pretty sick of these quick cut hollywood trailers. I mean you can make pretty much and game or film look good like that.

Well that's the whole point, EA don't want to put out a trailer to make a game look average do they?

#24 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 16:09

Just another one of those mindless shooters. *sigh*
When will companies learn that following Call of Duty' footsteps will leave them to nowhere :(

#25 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,812 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 16:30

Well that's the whole point, EA don't want to put out a trailer to make a game look average do they?

When I say that kind of trailer makes the game look good I mean, "good". It hides behind the fast edits, pumped up music and ends up looking just like any modern set fps game; bland, unintersting and average.

#26 +Livin in a box

Livin in a box

Oh man. I shot Marvin in the face.

• 2,502 posts
  • Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 12 April 2012 - 18:29

When I say that kind of trailer makes the game look good I mean, "good". It hides behind the fast edits, pumped up music and ends up looking just like any modern set fps game; bland, unintersting and average.

Yeah but to the people who aren't like us it looks amazing which is why the CoD videos appeal to so many people, most don't think about it like that tbh.

#27 rajputwarrior

rajputwarrior

olé olé olé olé

• 12,924 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 21:50

well it can't suck as bad as the last one...

#28 NeoTrunks

NeoTrunks

King-ding-A-Ling

• 2,296 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 22:06

I really loved the single player in the last game. The only bad thing about it to me was how short it was. So far, I don't like how it looks like you're going to be playing as different special forces from all over the world (at least from the trailer). If that's the case, the story won't have such an impact as it did in the last one. The last one really captured a sense of camaraderie that's missing from a lot of those "mindless" shooters.

#29 HellboundIRL

HellboundIRL

Neowinian

• 820 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 12 April 2012 - 22:18

I loved the last one, I played it after completing black ops and felt like it had a much better atmosphere and I found myself more involved in the story, looking forward to this.

#30 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,201 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 12 April 2012 - 22:19

Yeah I have to say, my expectations of this game went really, really down.
I happened to have read a feature article about it in the latest OPM magazine this morning, and I just watched the new gameplay trailer just now, and this just looks like a CoD clone now. Everything I liked about the MoH series prior to this is being bastardized to fit in with the modern shooter mentality. It may very well be fun as hell to play, but it just does not come off as MoH IMO.