Medal of Honor: Warfighter

WRAP UP:

MEDAL OF HONOR WARFIGHTER FEELS THROWN TOGETHER

Medal of Honor Warfighter?s multiplayer failings underline its real problem ? it feels thrown together, with little consideration for why its parts should fit. While the multiplayer's obtuse design decisions are preferable to the campaign's lack of artificial intelligence, decent mechanics, or interesting level design, it's still difficult to find much reason to recommend Medal of Honor Warfighter over the shooters it wants so desperately to resemble. In an attempt to build a bridge across Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty, Danger Close has once again fallen into the hole between them.

4.5 360

4.5 PS3

4.5 Win

Source: http://www.polygon.c...warfighter/2686

WRAP UP:

Medal of Honor Warfighter?s multiplayer failings underline its real problem ? it feels thrown together, with little consideration for why its parts should fit. While the multiplayer's obtuse design decisions are preferable to the campaign's lack of artificial intelligence, decent mechanics, or interesting level design, it's still difficult to find much reason to recommend Medal of Honor Warfighter over the shooters it wants so desperately to resemble. In an attempt to build a bridge across Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty, Danger Close has once again fallen into the hole between them.

4.5 360

4.5 PS3

4.5 Win

Sounds just like why I disliked the moh 2010 gameplay, just felt so "meh".

Whoa this is 50% off with BF3 premium? I was looking at the dice store but saw no mention. Might get it then lol. Anyone get the discount?

Yup. I did, and two of my friends did, and vetstar.gifDirtyLarry too :rofl:

no offense, Larry Just a joke

Yup. I did, and two of my friends did, and vetstar.gifDirtyLarry too :rofl:

no offense, Larry Just a joke

No offense taken, even if it still has not been resolved.

It honestly does not matter if they do resolve it now, I will not be purchasing it regardless at this point.

I do have the PS3 version from GameFly though, so will see how that is at some point soon, but as far as the PC version, they missed the chance to get my $30.

• Like 1

Copies weren't sent out so they had reviews up either under or just over 24 hours. I don't see how they could have put that much time into it. The bigger publications all said they would take almost a week to get a fare review.

WRAP UP:

4.5 360

4.5 PS3

4.5 Win

This review is absolute CRAP..

The game is ANYTHING but thrown together. Single player is absolutely awesome.. Biggest issue with single player is that the story is a bit thin and hard to follow but it's basically a hunt for the bad guys by Tier 1.. that's it. THe experience though is TOP NOTCH.. one of the best single player experiences I had in a long time.

Multiplayer is absolutely great.. it's so deep with customization, fireteams, support levels, 6 different classes, 8 unique maps (day and night), weapons feel and sound GREAT, I don't see how anyone can say the game is "thrown together".

Here's what's going on with bad reviews. The game is great. it's 8/10 or 9/10 easily... the reason they are giving it sh** reviews is because EA didn't give out review units before the game came out and now they are all shi*ting on it.

The game is FAR from bad. Trust me.

The game is ANYTHING but thrown together. Single player is absolutely awesome.. Biggest issue with single player is that the story is a bit thin and hard to follow but it's basically a hunt for the bad guys by Tier 1.. that's it. THe experience though is TOP NOTCH.. one of the best single player experiences I had in a long time.

Multiplayer is absolutely great.. it's so deep with customization, fireteams, support levels, 6 different classes, 8 unique maps (day and night), weapons feel and sound GREAT, I don't see how anyone can say the game is "thrown together".

Here's what's going on with bad reviews. The game is great. it's 8/10 or 9/10 easily... the reason they are giving it sh** reviews is because EA didn't give out review units before the game came out and now they are all shi*ting on it.

Yeah, I watched your streaming video of it and it didn't seemed so bad to me, I wasn't particularly impressed however.

Yeah, I watched your streaming video of it and it didn't seemed so bad to me, I wasn't particularly impressed however.

Well it's an action blockbuster game. I think we are all a bit numb about this whole genre but the production value was top notch and I felt I was in the game and that I was those soldiers throughout the game.

The driving mechanic was awesome.. it felt like they put a bit of a Need for Speed in it and it really felt like an action movie. That sandstorm stuff reminded me of Mission Impossible.

I found myself emotionally involved in the story of the previous Medal of Honor 2010, especially their names were stuck in my head, Rabbit, Preacher, Mother,

and I was kind of disappointed with the death of Rabbit... I'm getting off topic here, so I think that the story in Warfighter has the potential to be at least as involving as the previous one was.

Reading some of these reviews I feel like I could just replace medal of honor with CoD and get the same point across. GI said they had problems with spawning next to enemies or into a motor strike, done that a million times in CoD. On rails campaign that hit every cliche in the book, what do you know same thing.In fact I think each MW had the same big moments. I'll take the AI in this over the AI in CoD that just sits behind cover with the accuracy of a navy seal sniper. This game isn't perfect but I feel like these scores are more about being mad with no review copies then the game itself.

I really liked the previous one. Especially the campaign. The beta for this was absolutely horrible though. It actually dissuaded me from buying it. I might pick it up when it is really cheap, but it will be a while.

This game isn't perfect but I feel like these scores are more about being mad with no review copies then the game itself.

It's also EA and hating on EA is the cool thing to do. I don't know. I'm not convinced it's as bad as they say it is, but I'm not convinced it isn't either.

Kotaku has their review up. Generally speaking, I tend to agree with a decent amount of their reviews.

Unkind is putting it nicely. They say the best part of the game are the flashlights. And they are serious.

As I said earlier, I have it rented, so going to check it out regardless. But at this point, I am glad I rented it, even with the 50% off coupon, which I now have to say, that did make me wonder, why on earth would they offer a brand new release at 50% off? I mean this is EA we are talking about, they are not necessarily known for their charitable efforts.

Every critic is going to slam this game for one reason. It's not very good.

After 5 hours total play I would give the single player 5/10 and definately can't bring myself to play anymore. It's even worse than the BF3 singleplayer. I can't remember the last time I played such boring campaign in a shooter.

Multiplayer is slightly better, i'd give it a 6 or 7/10. Theres nothing really bad about it and nothing great either, but it's leagues behind BF3's and COD's multiplayer. I'm pretty much bored of it already, maybe if I had nothing else to play I would stick around longer, but I see no reason to play when I can just jump in a game of BF3 or CS:GO and get a much better experience. Plus is buggy as all hell and the menus are a joke.

Some of the gfx are nice in single player, ill give it that. But then again, other times they look like a quake 2 mod, especially some parts of the multiplayer maps...

Theres nothing really bad about it and nothing great either, but it's leagues behind BF3's and COD's multiplayer.

I completely disagree.. it's not competing with BF3 as it is different type of game.. it's far better than COD IMO.

I respect your opinion but personally it just feels "off" to me. Maybe I need to spend more time with it but for some reason it reminds me of a mod and not a full retail game, the animations and feel of movement and especially shooting just feel feel and disconnected to me right now.

You say it's not competing with BF3, but BF3 with it's expansions does everything this game does but better. Apart from the mode in Warfighter where you die and are out untill end of round, every other mode can be played in BF3. Plus the map design seems pretty average, again, it feels like a free mod to another FPS to me.

Kotaku has their review up. Generally speaking, I tend to agree with a decent amount of their reviews.

Unkind is putting it nicely. They say the best part of the game are the flashlights. And they are serious.

As I said earlier, I have it rented, so going to check it out regardless. But at this point, I am glad I rented it, even with the 50% off coupon, which I now have to say, that did make me wonder, why on earth would they offer a brand new release at 50% off? I mean this is EA we are talking about, they are not necessarily known for their charitable efforts.

They are all full of hate and immature. That's a joke of a review.. Flashlights look good? Is he serious? How old is he 12?

The game is not bad.. it's actually good.. 7/10-8/10. Gamespot gave it a 7.9/10 which is far more realistic score than any of these numbskulls who hate on EA.

Btw, for the most part these guys couldn't have even reviewed the game this quickly, especially with multiplayer . so it all reeks like a bunch of them are mad they didn't get their review copies but had to review the game when it came out and they hate EA.

If he liked only flashlights.. i wonder what score he gave to MW3.. because if you want to talk garbage.. that was it.

It's really too bad that *******s like this will turn people off from a great game like this. The single player experience was beautiful and authentic and multiplayer grows on you so much that it's refreshing to have this type of approach in MP. Not to mention that guns feel and sound amazing and the customization is awesome.

IGN's reviews are up, if anoyone was going to suck up to EA it would be IGN.

Having said that, it's a great review, they actually spent a few days playing multiplayer and are very fair int heir review.

They gave it a 4/10 - possibly the lowest yet.

"At its core, Warfighter is a functional shooter built on trite design ideas, but significant technical problems knock it below the realm of mediocrity. This isn?t just an upsetting sequel or me-too military shooter ? Warfighter is disrespectful of your time and unwilling or unable to adapt to what?s been done better elsewhere."

edit: would like to add after multiple attempts at giving this game a chance - I am just left feeling ripped off. Hopefully the BF4 beta is good.

Yeah totally bro, so authentic and dudepro and authentic and drama for soldiers bro, they give so much yo, totally authentic.

:rolleyes:

One of the best "experiences" you've played. How old are you? 12?