Deputies: Teen finds naked man in kitchen stealing rum

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- A 14-year-old girl discovered a naked man in her kitchen stealing a bottle of Captain Morgan from the pantry Wednesday, deputies said.

The girl told Lee County sheriff?s deputies she was at her home in the 6700 block of Magnolia Lane, Fort Myers, when she heard someone in the kitchen.

According to Lee arrest reports, she left her bedroom, went to the kitchen, and found 47-year-old Kennan Kluesener of Eustis naked and bent over in the pantry taking a bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum.

Terrified, she ran back to her room where she heard him use the telephone before leaving the house.

The girl?s father told deputies he was doing yard work out back when his daughter informed him there was someone in the house.

Reports say the father found Kluesener naked in his front yard. A neighbor was inside his home when his dogs began barking.

According to reports, the neighbor saw Kluesener in the front yard and retrieved his gun. Once outside, he saw Kluesener naked in the neighbor?s front yard and detained him at gunpoint until deputies arrived.

Kluesener is facing charges of burglary of an occupied dwelling and petit theft.

Source

Citizens arrest via firearm. Sounds familiar :)

yea question about that? just interest... what happens if they guy walks away from the gun? can the person shoot? cause I swear you can only use a gun to protect your self and property this neighbour had nothing to do with anything?

yea question about that? just interest... what happens if they guy walks away from the gun? can the person shoot? cause I swear you can only use a gun to protect your self and property this neighbour had nothing to do with anything?

Interesting thought, I would like to know this too (do the police even have the right to use lethal force if they are attempting to get away), but even if the Neighbour has no legal right to shoot, the person being detained doesn't know if the neighbour is going to go by the law or not.

Interesting thought, I would like to know this too (do the police even have the right to use lethal force if they are attempting to get away), but even if the Neighbour has no legal right to shoot, the person being detained doesn't know if the neighbour is going to go by the law or not.

ye but you can tell if someone has the balls or not ya know... and also if someone is trying to stop you doing a crime, depending on how bad it is, they probs wont commit one to stop you

It's a matter of state law. In Michigan and several others there is a Fleeing Felon Rule that actually gives civilians making a citizens arrest a wider leeway as to shooting a fleeing suspect than cops have. This because police, being agents of the govt., have to establish probable cause and civilians don't. Under these conditions it's open season on a fleeing felon - whatever it takes to stop them.

In this case the rule might not apply in daylight because the offense was probably not a felony - a basic B&E and petty theft unless his being naked in front of a minor added a felonious sex crime - another matter of state law. That said, if it were at night the B&E escalates to robbery - a felony - regardless of clothing status. Also. either the daughter or neighbor (especially the daughter) could have shot him if he approached and they felt threatened.