How long till OS X gets Siri

I dont know if this has been bought up, but how long before apple decides to bring SIRI into OS X. I see nothing about it in Lion or Mountain Lion.

Supposedly those models didn't get Siri because their processors don't have enough power, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

you are joking right? Siri can run perfectly fine on Iphone 4 and has been hacked to run on it..

Any person who knows about coding and application should know that!!! If Iphone 4 can run graphic intense games Siri can run too...

first,let them bring to iphone 4 and 3

Yea, not going to happen until 4s sales slow down. SIRI is the 4s number one selling point and why a lot of people I know, upgraded. Why upgrade from the 4 if it can get SIRI?

And I find it funny that people bitch and moan about other platforms and the lack of support on legacy devices. I saw that SIRI was hacked for the 4 as well and ran perfectly fine.

Siri for Mac OS X is coming out in 15 minutes /s

Nobody knows when this is happening but with Mountain Lion having a large focus on merging iOS and OS X it's only a matter of time before it becomes a singular platform.

Don't hold your breath on it coming to the 4

And don't kid yourself, there's no way it will be released for the 3Gs

It was sarcasm if you didnt know!!!! there is no way it could come to 3 and 4 then how would it come to osx?

you are joking right? Siri can run perfectly fine on Iphone 4 and has been hacked to run on it..

Any person who knows about coding and application should know that!!! If Iphone 4 can run graphic intense games Siri can run too...

No, I'm not joking, I'm just saying what Apple's excuse is. Hence why I said supposedly.

No, I'm not joking, I'm just saying what Apple's excuse is. Hence why I said supposedly.

No, thats not apple's excuse.. in fact apple never gave an official statement about it.

but Analyst have concluded that, siri is not in iphone 4 because of the noise cancellation technology included in iphone 4s chip.

Its pure marketing imo.... 4s wouldn't have sold like its doing now if it was not for siri.

Its pure marketing imo.... 4s wouldn't have sold like its doing now if it was not for siri.

If you truly believe its a main selling point consider this: Siri only supports a fraction of the languages of the countries the iPhone 4S is being sold in. Here in the Netherlands Siri, per example, Siri is seen as a gimmick. A fun thing to show to your friends. I haven't encountered a single person here who said Siri was what made them buy the iPhone 4S.

if the mac desktop had siri, i think that would the excuse i needed to push me off the fence to finally buy a mac. (some people may not agree, but its me, and i make choice for me, not others, just as i don't make choices for you)

• Like 2

Honest question. Does anybody actually use Siri for uses other than showing off Siri? When it was released everyone I know who got a 4S was showing off how 'amazing' Siri is, but since then I've never seen anyone actually using it for it's actual purpose in day-to-day phone use.

Honest question. Does anybody actually use Siri for uses other than showing off Siri? When it was released everyone I know who got a 4S was showing off how 'amazing' Siri is, but since then I've never seen anyone actually using it for it's actual purpose in day-to-day phone use.

While Siri is a good step forward in speech recognition software it's far from perfect. It's still faster to just tab the weather app than to enable Siri and ask "What's the weather like in Amsterdam?".

Exactly, so why on earth would Apple put it on the 4 and 3GS before actually implementing it in their larger form-factor devices?

I actually do. I use it all the time to add things to my shopping list, make reminders, add calendar entries, make quick notes, send text messages, call people, do some simple math (like figuring tips), create/enable/disable alarms, ask it about the weather while I'm getting dressed, etc.

I would use it to control my music, but I use Rdio for music and it doesn't support third parties yet.

I look forward to maybe 3rd or 4th generation of Siri.. maybe by 4th gen input side it would start to be J.A.V.I.S like. I know the output end of it is still 10-20 years away but even just it being able to half of it would be very incredible. Imagine the productivity increase in some fields.

While Siri is a good step forward in speech recognition software it's far from perfect. It's still faster to just tab the weather app than to enable Siri and ask "What's the weather like in Amsterdam?".

Albeit I don't own an IPhone nor do I have any desire to buy one, it would be interesting to be able to ask about news, weather, traffic conditions etc. without taking my hand off the wheel since I drive A LOT (lot meaning I drive for a living nowadays, literally).

So if they added an additional "wake up" to Siri that you could speak out and activate the speech recognition (I assume it doesn't have one?) that would be pretty sweet.

When I'm cooking I use it to set timers. It's just faster to say set a timer for 40 minutes than it is to open the clock app and go to the alarm thing. I think most users will use whatever is fastest and in this one scenario it is faster just to say a time than to go in and set one. I also use it for setting up Alarms and Reminders for the same reasons.

For other things like texting, looking up information such as the weather I don't use Siri, it's faster to use the actual apps for those things.

I think Siri is good but it does need to be faster in retrieving results and even more accurate for me to rely on it for more dictation heavy tasks.

Supposedly those models didn't get Siri because their processors don't have enough power, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

The iPhone 4S has a new and unique noise cancellation chip for the microphone, apparently the iPhone 4 and below just wouldn't be accurate enough for Siri.