Sony announces Xperia P: Aluminum unibody

xperia-p-android-smartphone-main1.png-png-image-486489-pixels-1.jpg

Sony's press event is in full swing, and the first to arrive is the Xperia P. The phone follows on from the styling we saw on the Xperia S; but it looks likely to be the middle child, with a similar Sony-themed skin atop what appears to be Google's Gingerbread, still housing dual-core power under the hood. Previously known as the Nyphon, the Xperia P has a 4-inch "WhiteMagic" display encased in an aluminum unibody. This new screen technology is apparently geared toward outdoor viewing, with NFC, HDMI connectivity and an eight-megapixel camera with full HD video capability. It will also be gifted with its own incoming SmartDock, which is set to arrive alongside the phone. And that's going to be pretty soon; the P model will ship mid-Q2, but pricing remains as dark as Sony's live event stage.

Source: http://www.engadget....-s-goes-medium/

Xperia P and U details here: http://techcrunch.co...ria-p-xperia-u/

This Phone looks so sexy, i can fap to it.

joke aside, it looks sweet!

Expected to see the "sexy" word in the first reply, was not disappointed :p

Gotta give you credit, though O_O

Another day, another new Android phone that runs an outdated OS version. They just keep on comin'!

The phone itself looks slick though.

Sony did say they're going to upgrade the Xperia series to Android 4.0 in Q2. Besides, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with Android 2.3 - I have a Samsung phone running Gingerbread which is working quite well.

YMMV of course.

Sony did say they're going to upgrade the Xperia series to Android 4.0 in Q2. Besides, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with Android 2.3 - I have a Samsung phone running Gingerbread which is working quite well.

Fact is a major new version has been released and new phones should run it. Personally I'm finding it unacceptable you're buying an expensive phone that won't be up-to-date for up to four months from now. I'm finding the slow update pace of Android devices in general disturbing. Vendors keep putting out new phones, but invest as little as possible in support afterwards.

Fact is a major new version has been released and new phones should run it. Personally I'm finding it unacceptable you're buying an expensive phone that won't be up-to-date for up to four months from now. I'm finding the slow update pace of Android devices in general disturbing. Vendors keep putting out new phones, but invest as little as possible in support afterwards.

I see why its disturbing for you because u use an Iphone..

These phone not available in market yet and might take 2- 3 months and that's the time it will get an update as well..

who know it comes with ICS right on sales.

I see why its disturbing for you because u use an Iphone..

I currently don't own an iPhone and never did so in the past, nor do I plan on getting one in the near future. Ever heard of an iPad? Yes? Good. In case you didn't know those run iOS too...

These phone not available in market yet and might take 2- 3 months and that's the time it will get an update as well..

who know it comes with ICS right on sales.

The press release clearly states the phone "launches on Android platform 2.3 (Gingerbread)".

I currently don't own an iPhone and never did so in the past, nor do I plan on getting one in the near future. Ever heard of an iPad? Yes? Good. In case you didn't know those run iOS too...

My statement still stands.... the only change is you have an iPad..

The press release clearly states the phone "launches on Android platform 2.3 (Gingerbread)".

So what?? when the phone get released it might be in 2.3 and the very next month it will get ICS then why so much whining about it being outdated?

My statement still stands.... the only change is you have an iPad..

Your statement doesn't hold any ground whatsoever since I own an Android phone. Apparently you fail to understand an iPad isn't considered a cellphone.

So what?? when the phone get released it might be in 2.3 and the very next month it will get ICS then why so much whining about it being outdated?

There is no "might". The phone will launch with Android 2.3, a given fact provided by Sony themselves. My point is that Android 4.0 has been released and all new phones - especially the high end ones like the Xperia P - should immediately ship with it rather than letting customers wait till somewhere next quarter.