HELP How do you post your website online?

Question

I made my website, and now want to put it online. how do i go by it?? where do i buy a server and also the domain???

how much will it cost to get a website professionally made, buying the server and also a domain???

im bit of a novice, i haven't made a website for 4 years now and i cant seem to remember how to do it lol

can someone please help

9 answers to this question

you need to buy the domain name (Website address) and also some hosting space to upload it to

Places like this can do it all from one place

https://www.123-reg.co.uk/

is this able to host a professional business? i need a lot of space for a social network site, can you later expand your memory or size whatever its called lol later if you have too many users but still keep the domain name? do you know any other companies in the uk that are trustworthy to buy a domain name or server from, or the one you gave me reliable? im going to have credit card details and peoples information so it needs to be secure.

thanks for the supports so far, its been a help :) just need to know few things before i bring it to my business partner, dont want him to think its unprofessional.

I used NameCheap to host my domain and I use Site5 for the hosting which is very cheap and I've never had any issues with them!

and yeah I used my promo links in this reply...shamless plug but hey they are legit and well worth the effort to at least look at em.

If you are in USA, then look up at LiquidWeb.com and they have all the hosting packages including the dedicated servers. The staff will help you with the domain you choose. If you have already have a domain, you can transfer it to LiquidWeb and go from there.

For Enterprise grade hosting I recommend InetU. Amazing track record, no downtime, PCI-Compliant hosting, vmware cloud, high end dell servers, cisco routers, firewalls, etc, and EMC storage area networks.

and with cloud hosting if the server where your site is located goes down your site will automagically be started up on another server with no downtime! Also it's load balanced, so one server doesn't get overworked!

They also don't host any sites that would be likely to get DDoS attacks as well, keeping you much safer then most hosts!

is this able to host a professional business? i need a lot of space for a social network site, can you later expand your memory or size whatever its called lol later if you have too many users but still keep the domain name? do you know any other companies in the uk that are trustworthy to buy a domain name or server from, or the one you gave me reliable? im going to have credit card details and peoples information so it needs to be secure.

thanks for the supports so far, its been a help :) just need to know few things before i bring it to my business partner, dont want him to think its unprofessional.

I would imagine so, but you would be best getting in touch with them via email to ask everything first, they will be able to give you definite answers vs our guesses ;)