Post-Zune era: a concept for Bing Stores

Hey, all. Just sharing a mock-up I played around with this weekend. With Zune on its way out, I lament over the demise of an enjoyable experience but also see great opportunity for Microsoft. It's said SkyDrive will be the new digs for media storage and streaming purchases, so with that in mind the Marketplace side of the Zune business needs a home. Said opportunity in my mind belongs to Bing. Searching for music, video and other media can be done via Bing right now but sadly it's pretty bare and pretty boring!

Strengthening the Bing brand by introducing Bing Stores can add a new dimension to Microsoft's search service.

- Bing MP3: for songs, podcasts and ringtones

- Bing Video: TV, film and music video

- Bing Books: E-books, audio books and e-textbooks

The attachment include some other ideas:

- Features carousel to highlight buzzed-about artists, songs, playlists and podcasts

- Song of the day

- iheartradio partnership that identifies nearest stations

- Quick access to HTML 5-based "SkyPlayer" and SkyDrive

- Hourly updates for top downloads

- "The Perch" ... a new take on The Social that aggregates top artist tweets and commentary from Bing MP3's FB community

- "On Tour"... easy search mechanism to find aritst tour dates and ability to purchase tickets

Thoughts?

post-23911-0-26192000-1330317939_thumb.p

• Like 1

Response to a suicide reference: Goodbye. Thanks for being so dramatic because people didn't like you post.

If I may venture, take your head out of your ass and come up with a v2...

Looks like crap; too much gray, too many words, and that fat cow Adele is making my penis want to hang itself (I know that's not your fault).