XLaunchpad - Mac OS X Lion Launchpad for Windows

[information]

Version: 1.0

Requirements: WindowsXP/Vista/Windows7/Windows8

Updated: 2/28/2012

Freeware

[How to uses]

-- Run XLaunchpad.exe

-- Press Default Hokey F12 Or move mouse to Top-left Screen corner to activation it

-- Right click it background or Right click tray icon for more settings

-- Drag&Drop file/folder on to XLaunchpad to add shortcut

-- Drag&Drop the shortcut onto another shortcut to crreate folder

-- When you play fullscreen game or video,you can check the meunitem "Silence mode",will not be activation by hotkey or screen hot corner.

-- Right click on shortcut to change shortcut settings

XLaunchpad run fast, smooth

Download from here

DA Link

All feedback is appreciated smile.gif

[Video]

XLaunchpad needs an video ,If you created one or would like to create one please contact me or uploat to youtube, Thanks smile.gif

[screenShort]

post-319842-0-18566500-1330368932_thumb.

• Like 3

Q: Why?

It makes sense on OS X because it doesn't have a "start menu" as such (but has a bazillion different ways to have one).

• Like 2

Well, I was going to install this when I found it on another forum, but since it seems to be being spammed all over, I binned it

spammed all over? I written it just 1 hour ago, and just post it to here and winmatrix ...

Interesting. Could be a potential replacement for Fences. :)

Thank you ,I hope you like it :)

Looks like a blatant copy of WinLaunch to me :angry:

WinLaunch is written with C# and WPF by MrC0rrupted, it need install .Net 4.0 framwork

XLaunchpad is written with pascal and DirectX by me , is more quick/fast/lightweight , Do not need .Net framwork , support Windows XP/Win7/Win8/Vista

WinLaunch and XLaunchpad are all copy of Mac OS X Lion Launchpad , we just shared our work free, so which is blatant?

Does it have touch support?

Yeah, that would be good to know, I have an x86 tablet I installed the Win 8 DP on & hopefully will install the CP on, & it would work great for it! It'd be like an iPad! xD

Yeah, that would be good to know, I have an x86 tablet I installed the Win 8 DP on & hopefully will install the CP on, & it would work great for it! It'd be like an iPad! xD

Yes, You can also disabled Icons instant drag moving in XLaunchpad's Setting, So that you can touch more friendly

This is an impressive work, indeed very good program, I'm testing it right now to see whether if I replace rocketdock or not, so far so good.

A few bugs though:

Deleting a folder for some reason didn't worked until I put a shortcut inside, then the folder magically disappeared.

I don't know if bug or not:

Changing the number of rows and the margins reset the icons... I needed to rearrange them again.

A few suggestions:

1.- Recycle bin full indicator

2.- Recycle bin option to "empty recycle bin"

That's all, that's far more than enough for me :D please keep it updated!

This is an impressive work, indeed very good program, I'm testing it right now to see whether if I replace rocketdock or not, so far so good.

A few bugs though:

Deleting a folder for some reason didn't worked until I put a shortcut inside, then the folder magically disappeared.

I don't know if bug or not:

Changing the number of rows and the margins reset the icons... I needed to rearrange them again.

A few suggestions:

1.- Recycle bin full indicator

2.- Recycle bin option to "empty recycle bin"

That's all, that's far more than enough for me :D please keep it updated!

Thanks, I will add Recyclebin options and Delete folder function in next version :)

Very nice and responsive.Only thing i would prefer different is an icon set that would look more like windows instead of OSX since the application itself is for windows.

Looks like a blatant ripoff of WinLaunch to me :angry:

Sorry? Ripoff of whogivesaf**k ? No offence, but it's fair game here dude ... Launchpad is the one being ripped off. WinLaunch doesn't have some kind of moral standpoint to complain if their stuff gets done by someone else. For all you knew the developer may had never seen WinLaunch, since Launchpad is the one he's looking at.

• Like 2

Dam this is mean work, liking this alot. great work. One thing, if i have web browser open, and i press F12 i get the web browser trying to show me HTML Code, i know i can change this.

Sorted, nice to see hot corners. Have mine set-up to top left side, great work!

BUG:

I notice that when i need to do something as admin, and i get UAC showing, after click yes i get the xLauchpad showing straight after.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but would adjust icons size to large and spacing them equally also create this?!

You can adjust icons size and spacing by XLaunchpad's settings

I think his point was that, if you didn't use XLaunchpad, you could create a similar effect just by putting the icons on to your desktop, increasing the size of the icons and spacing them evenly. However, in defence of this application it appears that XLaunchpad could be minimised, thereby hiding the icons that appear, and it also looks like you have an option for folders which couldn't be achieved in the same way without this application (or a variation of it).

I've never used the Launchpad on my Mac. I never understood the need for it given that I have the dock for accessing my regularly used programs, so I can't see myself using this either.

With that said, looking at the screenshots it looks good and other people seem to be impressed, so good job. (Y)