Electronic Cigarettes

They already have started Glen :(

http://casaa.org/

http://ataca.org.au/

Probably a few others aswell, we need to fight for something that is actually working!

Ah yes, might have known. It looks like your government is already feeling the pressure from both the Tobacco and Pharma industry lobbyists. I guess this makes sense as they are the two industries that stand to lose the most money as vaping becomes more and more mainstream. I know that here is the U.S., tobacco products are taxed heavily, and the reason provided for the tax is to offset the health related costs to the state caused by the use of these products. Since e-cigarettes do not contain the same chemicals which are known to be the cause of the majority of the related health issues, they couldn't use that excuse and tax the e-liquid or the devices at the same rate.

Those that stand to lose the most from the shift from tobacco to readily available (non-pharmaceutical) alternatives will do everything they can to stop the trend. Let's just hope they're not successful in their efforts, and as you said, we will probably need to fight for something that actually works.

On a lighter note, I've been vaping vanilla exclusively for the past few days and it's my standing favorite flavor. I'm going to be ordering some RY4 juice (vanilla, caramel, and tobacco) with the next batch and I'm looking forward to trying that out.

Haha sadly very true, how badly taxed is bad? Over here its about $18 a pack for 25 smokes, so roughly $19USD?

The companies are packing nuts now that its getting out there and actually working. I've already done a few surveys for ecigs, how much I use it etc etc

http://www.stop-tabac.ch/cgi-bin/StopTabac/ecig_en.pl?suivi+ece68772439

Yea im currently vaping Melon juice, very very nice (reminds me of those little asian jelly cups you find at your grocers)

I need a good RY4 lol

I've been reading up on the recent (and current) legislation regarding electronic cigarettes over the past 2 days, and most of it appears to be reasonable (so far). With the exception of a few countries banning their use by categorizing them under drug regulations, most laws appears to be categorizing them as a tobacco product. This is in part, I believe, because they don't have another category for nicotine products outside of the tobacco products already on the market.

While I disagree that it should be categorized as a tobacco product, I have no issues with applying the same restrictions with regard to sale to minors, marketing, and use in public areas. Until more conclusive research is done with regard to the chemicals contained in the nicotine vapor (both inhaled and exhaled), it probably makes sense to regulate them as you would a real tobacco product. There are ENDS (electronic nicotine delivery system) users who feel that they should not be limited to the same public restrictions as those who smoke regular cigarettes, but I don't mind. I'm using e-cigarettes for the reduced health risks, not as a way to circumvent public use restrictions.

Ultimately, I would like to see ENDS categorized and regulated the same as caffeine, as the health risks appear to be similar for both of these substances.

I been stopped for almost 10 months now. Don't have or own an e-cigarette, but my ex-girlfriend used to have one, didn't taste or feel like a cigarette to me to be honest, can't explain why, think it may be that I'm was aware it wasn't a "real" cigarette.

It's the nicotine, it's the most addictive drug known to man I believe. The Indians did not put arsenic and nicotine in the cigarettes... MAN Did.

And I honestly believe that alcohol is the leading cause of cancer... not cigarettes.

Also O- Blood Types are immune to HIV, I am O+ what are u ;)?!?!?!

It's the nicotine, it's the most addictive drug known to man I believe. The Indians did not put arsenic and nicotine in the cigarettes... MAN Did.

And I honestly believe that alcohol is the leading cause of cancer... not cigarettes.

I don't know about the most addictive substance, but it certainly is addictive and I am among the addicts. I have read research, however, that unlike other addictive substances, you don't build a tolerance to nicotine.

I haven't read any research regarding alcohol being a leading cause of cancer. Liver disease, yes, but not cancer. If you have links to that research, I'd like to read up on the subject.

Flavor change: I've been vaping coffee flavor all day, and I'm seriously liking it. Now if I could just get my favorite Starbucks flavor (caramel macchiato), I'd be all set. :D

Flavor change: I've been vaping coffee flavor all day, and I'm seriously liking it. Now if I could just get my favorite Starbucks flavor (caramel macchiato), I'd be all set. :D

Did a search today and found a couple of sources for Caramel Macchiato e-juice (YES!). Has anyone ordered from Vixen Vapors before? Their prices seem good, but they don't disclose shipping costs unless you create an account.

Quick update:

I received my Joyetech eGo-C with LR atties yesterday, and my first impression is very favorable. Vapor production is very good and the flavor of my favorite liquids is better than with the 901t so far. Also, I've been vaping fairly heavy on this thing since about 7PM last night, and the battery is still going strong without another charge. My next investment will be the 1000mAh pass through battery or two and a maybe small carrying case.

As for the 901t kit from Uniquecigs.com... The 901t kit that I bought was a good introduction to vaping, but I don't recommend getting one to anyone who is more than a very casual vapor user. The batteries wear out quickly with moderate to heavy use, the atty gets very warm with hard draws, and the vapor production and flavor is somewhat weak. Finally, the PCC that came with my kit is finicky about fully depleted batteries which can be a real pain. In short, for light vapor users who don't mind the occasional "glitch" of the PCC, the 901t kit may be a good fit, but for anyone else I would recommend getting something else.

Quick update:

I received my Joyetech eGo-C with LR atties yesterday, and my first impression is very favorable. Vapor production is very good and the flavor of my favorite liquids is better than with the 901t so far. Also, I've been vaping fairly heavy on this thing since about 7PM last night, and the battery is still going strong without another charge. My next investment will be the 1000mAh pass through battery or two and a maybe small carrying case.

As for the 901t kit from Uniquecigs.com... The 901t kit that I bought was a good introduction to vaping, but I don't recommend getting one to anyone who is more than a very casual vapor user. The batteries wear out quickly with moderate to heavy use, the atty gets very warm with hard draws, and the vapor production and flavor is somewhat weak. Finally, the PCC that came with my kit is finicky about fully depleted batteries which can be a real pain. In short, for light vapor users who don't mind the occasional "glitch" of the PCC, the 901t kit may be a good fit, but for anyone else I would recommend getting something else.

If a free world I would rather vaporize THC but I guess there is a time and a place for everything.

• Like 1

In a free world I would rather vaporize THC but I guess there is a time and a place for everything.

And I'm all for your right to do so, but it's a bit off topic for this particular discussion. :)

I'm seriously considering investing in one of these things.

Can anyone suggest a decent model to start off with that isn't a basic one (cost isn't really an issue providing it's not stupidly high)

and also a website to buy from in the UK?

Couple of e-cig related comps for you to enter...

http://www.stevevape.com/vape-aversary-blowout-contest/

http://www.facebook.com/Britvapes

As for the facebook one, if you'd like to help me win, that would be amazing. Just click the "Like" button on the Britvapes page, and then add "Dark-Fiber sent me"

Not sure if the facebook one is international, I know the stevevape.com one is.

Good luck :)

I'm seriously considering investing in one of these things. Can anyone suggest a decent model to start off with that isn't a basic one (cost isn't really an issue providing it's not stupidly high) and also a website to buy from in the UK?

I'd recommend an "ego" type one, like I mentioned in this post LINK

Some decent UK shops...

Safercigs

eCigWizard

Totally Wicked

Cloud 9 Vaping

moju republic

Mirage

VapeEscape

Liberty Flights UK

E-Cigz London

iVapour

iVapour Elixir

Discount Codes

Discount Codes

All e-cigs ever did for me was cause me to sit at my desk all day and puff on them...

You know... between smoke breaks... :(

Sounds like you needed something a little stronger. The cigarette style ones definitely didn't cut it for me or my gf.

All e-cigs ever did for me was cause me to sit at my desk all day and puff on them...

You know... between smoke breaks... :(

Sounds like you needed something a little stronger. The cigarette style ones definitely didn't cut it for me or my gf.

Agreed. Try replacing all of your standard cigarette habits (going outside to vape, vape after eating, etc.) with an e-cig. Also, maybe try a stronger nicotine level. It might not be the thing for you, but it's worth giving it a shot.

On another note, I've got new flavors from Vixen Vapors this week: Caramel Macchiato, Chocolate Hazelnut, White Chocolate Latte, and Dulce de Leche. All of them are good, but the Chocolate Hazelnut is a bit bitter and will take some getting used to.

I've got some fruit flavors coming next week to try as well. :)

I'm currently vapin some 18mg Strawberry Milkshake and Maple Waffles. Both pretty nice, if a little harsh, but maybe that's because the cartomisers are new?

I'm yet to find that knockout juice that I really really love. But they all taste about a million times better than cigarettes, and that's coming from a long term smoker that would have sold his grandmother for some smokes if need be lol.

I ordered a 510-T setup for my 27yo son today and he should have it next week sometime. He wanted more of a cigarette-looking device in size and automatic batteries, and he's a fairly light smoker. It should work out well for him.

• Like 2

I ordered a 510-T setup for my 27yo son today and he should have it next week sometime. He wanted more of a cigarette-looking device in size and automatic batteries, and he's a fairly light smoker. It should work out well for him.

This is simply genius, for if our parents love us as much as they supposedly do in my humble opinion they would get us more of what we need and less of what we desire. The problem with this is that it infringes on our internal beings and creates a struggle or a personality disorder typically resulting in a homicidal maniac of himself otherwise known as suicidal or maybe even bipolar disorder...

Anyway long story short if our parents just got us vaporizers and e-cigs then we would be able to experiment with that just like everything else :p

This is simply genius, for if our parents love us as much as they supposedly do in my humble opinion they would get us more of what we need and less of what we desire. The problem with this is that it infringes on our internal beings and creates a struggle or a personality disorder typically resulting in a homicidal maniac of himself otherwise known as suicidal or maybe even bipolar disorder...

Anyway long story short if our parents just got us vaporizers and e-cigs then we would be able to experiment with that just like everything else :p

Thanks! The main reason I got it for him was because I'm sure it's mine and his mother's fault that he started smoking to begin with. So, since I was part of the problem, I figured I would provide something that might lead to a solution.

Thanks! The main reason I got it for him was because I'm sure it's mine and his mother's fault that he started smoking to begin with. So, since I was part of the problem, I figured I would provide something that might lead to a solution.

Truly a beautiful response!

Problem I had with 510 was the lame battery life, actually made me give up on e-cigs and went back to smoking tradition cigarettes due to frustration. AFAIK automatic batteries have a 5 second cut off timer, manual is the way to go ;)

Problem I had with 510 was the lame battery life, actually made me give up on e-cigs and went back to smoking tradition cigarettes due to frustration. AFAIK automatic batteries have a 5 second cut off timer, manual is the way to go ;)

I completely agree and I will never go back to automatic batteries myself. He just wanted something that "felt" like a cigarette for his first kit, and the price was right, so I got it for him. He may not become a vaping fool like his old man, but hey, it's worth a shot. :D

hehe, Im in the same boat but opposite situation hahaha, trying to convince dad into these, gave him a 510-T ;)