Handcuffed Girl, 20, In A Coma After being Tased. Police not Charged

here's another thing to consider, though. what if youre NOT committing a crime, but the officer just gets ****ed off and tazes you?

the fact is, tasers are dangerous and are used WAY too much and WAY too liberally. being that i have a heart condition, i could get tazed and die. what if im screaming at the police "dont! i have a heart condition!" and the officer just doesnt care? i die.

Well in your case that would be sad. However this girl is handcuffed and running from the police - so I'm assuming she's not innocent.

I don't know about the US but there aren't many reports of tasers being used liberally too often. There will always, always been exceptions - and exceptions with dire consequences will be very rare indeed but I would suggest that, innocent or not, don't resist arrest and don't run from the police and it's highly likely you won't be tased!

The tazor is the reason she hit her head....

And no, cops are not well within their rights to do what is necessary to stop you. You are grossly misinformed. The only time a cop can actually fire his weapon is when a police officer is in a direct threat to the lives of the innocent public or himself. Learn the law before you try and spout off what you think it is.

Again, as I and several others have repeatedly explained, many of the other methods they could have used to try to apprehend her would have likely had the same result of her falling and hitting her head. And I didn't say that they always had a right to use their weapon, I said they have the right to do what is necessary to stop you. If you are running from them and about to cause an accident by running into the street, then yes, they do have the right to use a taser or other type of device to stop you. And again, this video STARTS after the officer has already fired his taser, as the woman exited the police station, running towards the street. We don't have any evidence of what happened inside the building.

Why was she running away? not being funny but if i was handcuffed and under arrest i wouldn't attempt to run away.

Why was she running away? not being funny but if i was handcuffed and under arrest i wouldn't attempt to run away.

She was running away because she was a ****ing dope head. The second video (linked to above) shows that while in the police car, she managed to slip out of her handcuffs. The officer put them back on her (behind her back) while in the station, but even then she managed to move them to the front (obviously very limber, but I've seen people do it before). If she managed to slip out of her cuffs once, she could likely have done it again. My ex-wife was able to do that, since she was able to squeeze her hands down to a size slightly smaller than her wrists, and she had relatively small wrist bones to begin with. It made a neat party trick.

I think police officers should be judged by higher standards than the rest of us, not lower. Doctors have to pay thousands of dollars for malpractice insurance in case they accidentally hurt someone, and this guy just gets to say oops?

Sure, she may have done something illegal, but that doesn't mean he can accidentally put her into a coma, effectively ending her life because he wasn't thinking. If a doctor is treating someone who is overdosing on an illegal substance, which is also a crime, and accidentally kills him or her, then the doctor is in trouble, even though he had the best intentions.

This is an outrage.

I think police officers should be judged by higher standards than the rest of us, not lower. Doctors have to pay thousands of dollars for malpractice insurance in case they accidentally hurt someone, and this guy just gets to say oops?

Sure, she may have done something illegal, but that doesn't mean he can accidentally put her into a coma, effectively ending her life because he wasn't thinking. If a doctor is treating someone who is overdosing on an illegal substance, which is also a crime, and accidentally kills him or her, then the doctor is in trouble, even though he had the best intentions.

This is an outrage.

"accidentally"

You keep using that word. You don't seem to know what it means.

This is an outrage.

If this is a serious post I am completely dumbfounded by your lack of reading a lot of what has already been discussed. The true outrage is people lambasting a man doing his job because some girl high on drugs, causing accidents, about to run into traffic that could have possibly caused others to be severely injured or killed, fell, hit her head and is now a vegetable. He had no intention of hurting the girl, apparently he thought using the taser would be safer than tackling the fragile thing into concrete at full run speed.

He was thinking about her safety and others, you should probably read a bit more before posting such unfounded accusations.

For the millionth time, it was not the taser that placed her into a coma. It was hitting her head on the concrete, something that would have likely happened had he tackled her. Lesson learned here, when you are under arrest, in handcuffs and in a police station. Don't try to run.. it's not going to end well. Better yet, don't do something that will have you arrested, put into handcuffs and taken to a police station, so you contemplate running off.

She was running away because she was a ****ing dope head. The second video (linked to above) shows that while in the police car, she managed to slip out of her handcuffs. The officer put them back on her (behind her back) while in the station, but even then she managed to move them to the front (obviously very limber, but I've seen people do it before). If she managed to slip out of her cuffs once, she could likely have done it again. My ex-wife was able to do that, since she was able to squeeze her hands down to a size slightly smaller than her wrists, and she had relatively small wrist bones to begin with. It made a neat party trick.

Your ex-wife sounds like fun!

In all seriousness though, i cant help but think sometimes life ****s you over, im a big believer in Karma.

She shouldn't of run away and tried to be a idiot in getting out of the cuffs all the time, if i was cuffed like i said, id do as they say right down to the letter, they have the power, i dont, not until a lawyer arrives anyway, thats life and the way it is.

If i am unlucky in life and get arrested by a rouge officer then thats bad luck im affraid and ill just take all the **** they give me and remain a decent human being until like i said before a lawyer is present or cctv or witnesses etc etc.

Its unlucky she fell and hit her head and ended up in this condition, very sad, very unlucky, thats life though i guess.

Your ex-wife sounds like fun!

Oh, she was, other than being a pot and coke head, and eventually meth I think. Just a few of the many reason's I'm glad I'm rid of her.

Why should the police run after anyone? If they try to run just shoot in the head.

Punks need to understand that once the police is present the show is over and they need to obey with the officers request.

And if for some reason you find the officer was insulting or something like that, get a lawyer.

• Like 2

Why should the police run after anyone? If they try to run just shoot in the head.

Punks need to understand that once the police is present the show is over and they need to obey with the officers request.

And if for some reason you find the officer was insulting or something like that, get a lawyer.

Couldnt say it better myself :)

Maybe because the Police are not judge and executioner, and they are supposed to try and save lives, not ruin/kill them...

Police officers are generally charged with the apprehension of criminals and the prevention and detection of crime, and the maintenance of public order. Police officers may be sworn to an oath, and have the power to arrest people and detain them for a limited time, along with other duties and powers.

Responsibilities of a police officer are varied, and may differ greatly from within one political context to another. Typical duties relate to keeping the peace, law enforcement, protection of people and property, and the investigation of crimes. Officers are expected to respond to a variety of situations that may arise while they are on duty. Rules and guidelines dictate how an officer should behave within the community, and in many contexts restrictions are placed on what the uniformed officer wears

But, that video I posted earlier about the police misconduct forms.... Those people who were doing the recording were actually ex cops. They were helping show how corrupt the system is. But dismiss it as you may and call them harassers...

The Oath that Officers take :

I DO SOLEMNLY DECLARE UPON MY HONOUR AND CONSCIENCE THAT I WILL ACT AT ALL TIMES TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY AND KNOWLEDGE IN A MANNER BEFITTING A POLICE OFFICER

I WILL PRESERVE THE DIGNITY AND WILL RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF ALL INDIVIDUALS

I WILL DISCHARGE MY DUTIES WITH INTEGRITY AND WILL PROMOTE UNDERSTANDING AND CONCILIATION

I WILL EXERCISE MY AUTHORITY AS A POLICE OFFICER IN THE MANNER INTENDED BY THE LAW

I WILL FAITHFULLY OBEY THE ORDERS OF MY SUPERIORS AND WILL BE READY TO CONFRONT DANGER IN THE LINE OF DUTY

I WILL ACT WITH HONESTY, COURTESY AND REGARD FOR THE WELFARE OF OTHERS, AND WILL ENDEAVOUR TO DEVELOP THE ESPRIT DE CORPS

I WILL ACT JUSTLY AND IMPARTIALLY AND WITH PROPRIETY TOWARDS MY FELLOW OFFICERS

I WILL CONSTANTLY STRIVE TO HONOUR THIS OATH IN MY SERVICE AS A POLICE OFFICER

Uh huh. In regards to the girl in a coma. He acted in regard for the welfare of others. She was obviously a danger to the public and to herself. Her outcome was not something that could have been foretold.

For the video you posted with the guy harassing the officers. They were courteous when explaining their procedures to him. One went into a lot of detail of what is to be expected once the complaint is filed. They stopped being courteous when the guy became a pain, argumentative and suspicious that he wasn't really there to file a claim.

So, what exactly is your point in the context of this thread? Yes there is corruption everywhere. From factories, to police departments, to governments. Hell, even at your local McDonald's. It's a imperfect world, you fix what you can, learn from what you can't and move on with life.

If this is a serious post I am completely dumbfounded by your lack of reading a lot of what has already been discussed. The true outrage is people lambasting a man doing his job because some girl high on drugs, causing accidents, about to run into traffic that could have possibly caused others to be severely injured or killed, fell, hit her head and is now a vegetable. He had no intention of hurting the girl, apparently he thought using the taser would be safer than tackling the fragile thing into concrete at full run speed.

He was thinking about her safety and others, you should probably read a bit more before posting such unfounded accusations.

For the millionth time, it was not the taser that placed her into a coma. It was hitting her head on the concrete, something that would have likely happened had he tackled her. Lesson learned here, when you are under arrest, in handcuffs and in a police station. Don't try to run.. it's not going to end well. Better yet, don't do something that will have you arrested, put into handcuffs and taken to a police station, so you contemplate running off.

This pretty much sums up the entire situation, but some people will look for any reason they can (even if it's no reason) to needlessly hate on cops, regardless of who is actually wrong in the situation. Who knows what psychological issues cause such a thing, but it's pretty darned immature to say the least.

FYI: PRESSTV is the propaganda arm of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, so expecting anything close to balanced US coverage from them might be a tad unreasonable.

Context is everything and the OP has none. Someone's pre-conceived notions are showing.

This woman was originally arrested for two hit-and-run auto accidents and driving without a license - very serious stuff. She had slipped out of her cuffs (skinny) in the prowl car, they were re-applied, then she was taken into the station. Before she could be taken to the secure area she made a run for it (charge #4 - felony escape) and was tasered in the lot.

Sorry, but with an escaping prisoner who is younger & faster than the cop for whatever reason he has both the right and responsibility to apprehend her under the Fleeing Felon Rule. The taser is an appropriate option at so close a range since the injury rate from them is only 0.3%, far lower that a firearm or other more aggressive means including tackling.

Now - did the taser injure her? Not really. The cause of her coma was falling and striking her head on concrete (the lot), which could have happened anyhow because of her being cuffed while attempting to run during her escape attempt (off balance.) She could have just as easily hit her head being tackled, but either way this was HER FAULT!!

http://www.baynews9....-handcuffs.html

Doesn't matter because rule #1 of a news story "The victim is always a saint".