Which service can you buy and download Movies for an Android tablet?

Which service can you buy and download Movies for an Android tablet?

I have a customer who wants to buy and put movies on their android tablet without much hassle. She bought the tablet from best buy and she told the sales person that she would be using itunes for "The movie" and he told them "That will work just fine". As you can imagine once she put the video on the SD card it wouldn't play on android because of the DRM.

She doesn't want to have to go through the process of stripping the DRM off each movie. So I was wondering if there was a service out there that she could use to buy (not rent) movies for her Android tablet? I saw Amazon had movies for sale but it looked like it was just for the Kindle Fire. I saw Google also had Movies but it looked more like rentals. Can you download the full movie on the rental and does it expire only when it's first played or first downloaded?

Do you know of any service which this is possible?

I don't think there's anywhere you can buy movies to download and keep (legally) anywhere. Itunes you can only rent them for 24hrs and so is Zune and the rest.

You can always stream movies as she already knows i'm sure but I don't think anywhere lets you keep a digital file of a movie.

bv

I don't think there's anywhere you can buy movies to download and keep (legally) anywhere. Itunes you can only rent them for 24hrs and so is Zune and the rest.

You can always stream movies as she already knows i'm sure but I don't think anywhere lets you keep a digital file of a movie.

Thanks for the response. This will be for an airplane ride. I did check up on the Google video and they do let you rent for offline viewing. You also have 30 days to start watching it or 24 hours after you've started watching it.

bv

Thanks for the response. This will be for an airplane ride. I did check up on the Google video and they do let you rent for offline viewing. You also have 30 days to start watching it or 24 hours after you've started watching it.

Yea I was just gonna say what's wrong with Google's Movie option from the market. That should work for a while at least.

Yea I was just gonna say what's wrong with Google's Movie option from the market. That should work for a while at least.

I would verify this I remember seeing a post that Google movies won't play without a WIFI connection. Not 100% sure but best to verify before spending the money.