Tall people

I hate it, no matter where i go, wherever i am, people look at me and say " look how tall he is", people laugh on my height, some people ask me to give em some inches from my height. I don't have any choice in clothes and shoes, because my size is not available most of the time, my head bumps into doors and other things all the time. Sometimes i feel like giant when people stare at me or my friends make fun of my height. So is it me or every tall person face similar problems?

im 6'4 b/w.

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrTmcsnBIi0#t=368s

Is 6'4" (193 cm) actually considered too tall? I would think that 180..195 falls into the "normal" range (for men) :wacko:

Well, I'm 5'8" (sub 180 cm)... and my spine's f*cked up so I appear even shorter. I could do with a bit more. Or medical breakthrough spine straightening.

For now I think I'll get high-heels and afro haircut :(

I've normal eye sight, but can't read the white text on the light gray backround, so I'll assume it's some sort of special text that only tall people can see.... :whistle:

I'm 6'4" as well and it's not terribly common that people mention it. When I was younger people would mention it fairly often, but now not so much. Never have any issues finding clothes though.

Is there anywhere in the world where the average height is quite short? I want to move there to feel more important :)

North Korea. It has a very short average height due to famine which has stunted their growth.

I'm 6'4" as well and it's not terribly common that people mention it. When I was younger people would mention it fairly often, but now not so much.

Im 20, studying. Tallest in my college.

Never have any issues finding clothes though.

Man, im moving to US thn, very limited choice if you are 6+. Specially in shoes, most of the time, shops have only 1 model, with weird colors or just plain white.

I'm around 6'2" or 6'3" depending on if I'm standing up straight, and I have a couple friends that are taller than me (like 6'4" to 6'7" ish). Now that I'm older, it's rare that anyone mentions my height. However, if I see someone that's taller than me, and makes me feel short, I may say something lol.

I'm around 6'2" or 6'3" depending on if I'm standing up straight, and I have a couple friends that are taller than me (like 6'4" to 6'7" ish). Now that I'm older, it's rare that anyone mentions my height. However, if I see someone that's taller than me, and makes me feel short, I may say something lol.

when i see someone taller than me, it feels good, makes me happy that im normal.

I'm 6ft 5 and don't mind it! The girls love height :)

It depends on area where you live, Only mature girls like my height, Girls of my age or younger than me avoid tall people.

It depends on area where you live, Only mature girls like my height, Girls of my age or younger than me avoid tall people.

Must be a cultural thing. Here, women definitely tend to prefer taller guys. Then again, I'm the opposite. I tend to shy away from tall girls. Just something about them doesn't feel right lol. But I'm opening up (as long as she's not taller than me).

Must be a cultural thing. Here, women definitely tend to prefer taller guys. Then again, I'm the opposite. I tend to shy away from tall girls. Just something about them doesn't feel right lol. But I'm opening up (as long as she's not taller than me).

The tallest girl i have dated was 5'8. She was basketball player. I like tall girls, but not skinny ones.

6 is perfect height IMO, not too tall, not too short.

I really wish I was around 6'-6'2" :( (I'm 5'7")

You can try this. :p

You have good height, don't be sad ;)

I'm 6'1" and I'm often called tall though I am shorter than quite a few people I know. I think I am at the perfect height for things, my shoe size is 12 or 13 which is inside the "Common enough that we carry them, and everyone makes them" range. The problem I do find is that either pants are too long for me 34" or too short for me 31-32" I need like 33". But here being tall isn't classified as weird unless you are like 8ft

5'11" - 6'2" really seems to be the golden range for men. Taller is generally considered freakish, and shorter is well... shorter.

I'm glad I am 6'. as I don't get any crap for being either. Only time I was really abnormally tall was in 5th grade when I reached my full height lol.

Im 5 ft 1" . People never move to a side when walking, I always have to give way.

People sometimes don't see me, or don't hear me cos I'm so low down.

Would love to be tall.

The grass isn't greener on the other side

Im 5 ft 1" . People never move to a side when walking, I always have to give way.

People sometimes don't see me, or don't hear me cos I'm so low down.

Would love to be tall.

The grass isn't greener on the other side

You a "little person" or just short?

You a "little person" or just short?

5'1" is short, anything under 4'10" is considered a midget, and it's also the shortest a man can be and join the Army

I guess it is culturally different here, tall people in Canada are not any different from short people or any other height.

Shouldnt worry too much, what else can you do, accept it and embrace it.

Yes it is very difficult to find clothing for us tall people but thats just another step you have to do to find it.

Good luck.

5'1" is short, anything under 4'10" is considered a midget, and it's also the shortest a man can be and join the Army

Midgets would be a powerful weapon. Like Oddjob on Goldeneye N64, no one was ever allowed to pick him because he was harder to hit. They could also fit into small tunnels and be virtually undetectable as offensive scuba divers. Do not underestimate a midget army! They might not be the vanguard, but trained in the art of sabotage, they are a force to be reckoned with. Ninja midgets.

• Like 3

I've never minded the height, though you just have to get used to hearing the phrase "Could you grab that for me please?". I'm 6'4" (technically I'm a touch under), but the only real time I found it bothered me a bit was when I was younger. I went through my growth spurts early and was my full height by 9th grade at least, but over the years people have caught up to me.

Like you said though, it varies from culture to culture though. In North America I've found my height to be fairly normal, or at least nothing too tall compared to most I see walking around but visiting certain countries I definitely stick out like a giant. Personally I'd rather be taller than most as opposed to being shorter; mainly comes down to i prefer being taller than the girls I date.