Tall people

Perfect height... :shifty:

I kid, I kid.

One of my exes was 4'10", so borderline legal midget, though not a midget of course, just really short. I loved it, there were many things we could do "together," :p. Except ride roller-coasters, but she hated them anyway.

LOL, I was waiting for that comment :rofl:

honestly, a major height difference makes some things easier, but some things more difficult...

I'm a solid 6'6". Whenever anyone says "I wish I was that tall," or something to that extent, I reply "It's not all that great once you start hitting your head." The worst part is that I'm still growing :s

Alright, time to crush all the posts before me.

I'm 6'9 and 280lbs, and face many issues in life. Cars, clothes, hotel hallways, theme park rides, and many more.

I drive American cars only and it's fine, I shop at certain locations, I avoid hallways lol and only go on certain rides I know I can fit lol.

So, you were saying being tall is a problem?

I know that feel bro, my head is full of scars, because my head bumps into things, when i travel in bus, i have to bend when im standing. Looks like height is problem only in my country. Dang! :(

Every time i accept it, someone comes and say " please don't walk with me, i look really small with you ", lol.

LOL yea, I know, Ive been there. But no ones has ever said dont walk with me, they just simply say youre so tall, i look so small when i am next to you.

Just take it and smile, dont look at it as a negative. If youre with a girl even better, use it to your advantage; make a joke out of it, call her a shorty(for fun of course).

6'9", wow.

I'm 5'2", but I guess it's OK for a woman to be short. I do remember once in high school, I was not quite this height yet (was ~4'11" IIRC) and one of the really tall guys on the basketball team didn't see me as we were going through the crowded halls, and actually ran right into me, nearly knocked me over. I barely came up to the bottom of his pec area. I was mortified, he was mortified, it was embarrassing at the time but hilarious in retrospect.

haha that makes me remember a time I was in high school, i was walking around a corner and bumped into a shorter girl. She had a really loose top (and big breasts) and my head immediately looked down (habit of always looking down) and she thought I was looking down her shirt, covered up and looked disgusted.

Also, don't show them if you don't want them to be looked at.

I know that feel bro, my head is full of scars, because my head bumps into things, when i travel in bus, i have to bend when im standing. Looks like height is problem only in my country. Dang! :(

LOL, I don't have any scars on my head (well I do one, but it's unrelated to my height..) :)

haha that makes me remember a time I was in high school, i was walking around a corner and bumped into a shorter girl. She had a really loose top (and big breasts) and my head immediately looked down (habit of always looking down) and she thought I was looking down her shirt, covered up and looked disgusted.

Haha, are you sure you aren't the same guy I ran into? That sounds like something I would have done back then. These days I'd just laugh and ask if you enjoyed the view, but when I was younger I was a lot more easily embarrassed. Haha.

LOL, I don't have any scars on my head (well I do one, but it's unrelated to my height..) :)

I have some small scars on my head, when i quickly jumped without looking up, and my head bumped into something pointy.

It just makes you sexier. ;)

Smile.

Thanks Hum :)

I drive American cars only and it's fine, I shop at certain locations, I avoid hallways lol and only go on certain rides I know I can fit lol.

My buddy is 6'6 (And 250lbs) and drives an Acura RSX, lol.

Oddly enough, Japanese cars seem to have the most head space o_o

For example my uncle (the laughably tall 210cm guy) drives a Mitsubishi Pajero.

Lol @ 6"5 i thought the bumping the head thing was just me being daft. Tho theres entire areas of my work where I basically am bent double as the ceiling drops to like 6ft and no more.

Dunno about anyone else but I suffer from a bad back and im 27, did it in age 24 and had a few nasty periods with it before. I also try to straighten up a lot as I find I tend to hang my head a bit due to talking down to people all day long. Found that if you swing your shoulders in an anti-clockwise fashion it helps to pull you up a bit and stand taller.

Generally I also seem to come off balance quiet easily, again maybe just me but Ive seen a few tall people do similar things. Its amazing what being a few inches past the normal does.

Not just for health but for yours and others perception of you. I tend to worry Im a gangly looking git, but I forget its just because were not programmed to see the elongated limbs etc as normal. Also love it while your young cause we,ll all shrink an inch at least and have at least one major health gripe as a result of our height. i.e legs pointing inwards, bad joints, athritis, inflamation of joints etc etc the list goes on.

But the way i see it, were a thing of legend. The giants of this world and oddily enuff children seem to identify with us big people. Theres just something magical about us :)

Now if only there were more 6,0" girls about.

Lol @ 6"5 i thought the bumping the head thing was just me being daft. Tho theres entire areas of my work where I basically am bent double as the ceiling drops to like 6ft and no more.

Dunno about anyone else but I suffer from a bad back and im 27, did it in age 24 and had a few nasty periods with it before. I also try to straighten up a lot as I find I tend to hang my head a bit due to talking down to people all day long. Found that if you swing your shoulders in an anti-clockwise fashion it helps to pull you up a bit and stand taller.

Generally I also seem to come off balance quiet easily, again maybe just me but Ive seen a few tall people do similar things. Its amazing what being a few inches past the normal does.

Not just for health but for yours and others perception of you. I tend to worry Im a gangly looking git, but I forget its just because were not programmed to see the elongated limbs etc as normal. Also love it while your young cause we,ll all shrink an inch at least and have at least one major health gripe as a result of our height. i.e legs pointing inwards, bad joints, athritis, inflamation of joints etc etc the list goes on.

But the way i see it, were a thing of legend. The giants of this world and oddily enuff children seem to identify with us big people. Theres just something magical about us :)

Now if only there were more 6,0" girls about.

I lose balance many times when im walking, i get nervous when i see some people walking with me or staring at me, I cant walk straight at that time. :|

I'm 6'2 and don't really have that issue. That said quite a few of my friends break the 6'0 mark.

My brother is 6'2 and he lives in London, he told me that 6'2 is fine there. 6'2 is fine here too, but when you pass 6'2 mark, you are giant lol

i'm 6'0 but i never had that problem

6'0 is perfect height as others and i have said many times in this thread. You are lucky :)

I'm 6'4'' and I live in Amurica. and it's not to big of a deal, altho people are generally wary of ya and my back starts to hurt after a while, but otherwise no big deal.

I'm 6'4" also, but I'm not of freakish proportions. There are some people that seem to have been stretched and look all gangly when they reach this height, but I've managed to stay fairly normal looking.

I have normal sized feet too, I've seen some tall people with like size 14 shoes, and that's just massive. I'm only a UK 10. My growth spurth didn't happen until I was about 15/16, and by then I guess my feet had grown as much as they needed.

I'd not like to be any taller or gangly, like Peter crouch or Stephen Merchant. For some reason, they just look _too_ tall in proportions also.