rumour ea dead space 3 frostbite 2

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 thefonz

thefonz

Neowinian

• 1,403 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:21

As a huge Deadspace 1 fan (played it through on the PC), i was really disappointed with Deadspace 2, it didn't have the same 'scare' factor for me and was way too arcadey.
Might have just been because its the first game I bought on my PS3 and i am new to the whole console genre but still.

They need to use the confined, claustrophobic tunnels and corridors that they had in the original. Its meant to be a scary, tense horror game: not a wild'em'ride'em'shoot'em'up blastfest like the second one was,

#17 Zain Adeel

Zain Adeel

Zain

• 3,541 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:34

please NO!..
the current Dead Space engine works and looks brilliant. Why not just improve on that? Now i dont know what Engine its based on. But FrostBite doesnt look that good for the specs it needs.

Understandable that next year every gaming PC will meet the requirments by then.

#18 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

• 16,159 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:39

Engine doesnt matter...but some destructive environments in ships would be nice!
ds2 was good, and if they will continue or improve uppon the isac clarkes story that would be quite interesting too.

#19 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,350 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:37

please NO!..
the current Dead Space engine works and looks brilliant. Why not just improve on that? Now i dont know what Engine its based on. But FrostBite doesnt look that good for the specs it needs.

Understandable that next year every gaming PC will meet the requirments by then.

The lighting improvements alone would make it worth the change. The Visceral engine is quite old and it's limited in a lot of ways compared to Frostbite 2. I'm confident that Dead Space 3 will have better lighting, animations, and destruction (which is a much-needed feature).

#20 OP Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:45

please NO!..

Basically what Anaron said.
I know why you are saying that.

Spoiler

:p
I know I gotta do the same :s

#21 Zain Adeel

Zain Adeel

Zain

• 3,541 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 16:12

Basically what Anaron said.
I know why you are saying that.

Spoiler

:p
I know I gotta do the same :s

Trust me. Im not saying it just because of that.
Let me explain it.

Have you played Max Payne 2? its a 3rd person shooter. I love the controls of the game. Thats all because of the engine mostly. GTA4 doesnt play like that.

Same with Games like. Assassins Creed. They play great!.. (not performance wise) i am talking about the way controls and movements work.

Then comes Dead Space 2. Its right there with Batman AC. The controls are spot on in DS2. I know this for a fact. If they make the move to FB2.0 the controls will change a bit. And thats one thing i really loved about the game..

If they can keep the controls and movements stuff intact. Then im all in for it!. But just take a look what FB2.0 did to NFS the RUN. i dont want it to do that to other games. All thanks to EA btw.

#22 +SYBINX

SYBINX

Classified!

• 1,316 posts
  • Phone: HTC One Max

Posted 14 March 2012 - 20:09

I purchased DS2 from Origin costing a staggering £4.99 which is just insane. The game itself is one of the most frightening games that I have ever played. I was scared Cough! Unfortunately due to profanity laws I cannot state what I was feeling but you understand. I only discovered this morning that DS3 was on the horizon with a probable release of Q2 or Q3 2012 depending on the pace of development. The fact that they’re using Frostbite 2.0 Engine is ever better news, does this mean we’ll be able to blow everything up because the physics in Frostbite 2.0 Engine are just insane.

#23 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,350 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 14 March 2012 - 21:12

I purchased DS2 from Origin costing a staggering £4.99 which is just insane. The game itself is one of the most frightening games that I have ever played. I was scared Cough! Unfortunately due to profanity laws I cannot state what I was feeling but you understand. I only discovered this morning that DS3 was on the horizon with a probable release of Q2 or Q3 2012 depending on the pace of development. The fact that they’re using Frostbite 2.0 Engine is ever better news, does this mean we’ll be able to blow everything up because the physics in Frostbite 2.0 Engine are just insane.

It depends on how much destruction they allow. The destruction isn't the only thing to look forward to. The Frostbite 2 engine will allow for better lighting effects and animations.

#24 Singh400

Singh400

Neowinian Senior

• 5,839 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:33

Really enjoyed playing #1, not played #2 yet - worth it? Definitely looking forward to #3!

#25 burnsflipper

burnsflipper

practical dreamer

• 1,131 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:43

one of the things Frostbite do amazingly well is lightning, a thing this game may benefit a lot from

#26 Miuku.

Miuku.

A damned noob

• 4,885 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:11

one of the things Frostbite do amazingly well is lightning, a thing this game may benefit a lot from

Everything saturated with bloom isn't really "amazing" if you ask me - every single Frostbite game I've seen so far has been a retina burning exercise.

#27 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 4,943 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:13

As a huge Deadspace 1 fan (played it through on the PC), i was really disappointed with Deadspace 2, it didn't have the same 'scare' factor for me and was way too arcadey. Might have just been because its the first game I bought on my PS3 and i am new to the whole console genre but still. They need to use the confined, claustrophobic tunnels and corridors that they had in the original. Its meant to be a scary, tense horror game: not a wild'em'ride'em'shoot'em'up blastfest like the second one was,

+1. If DS3 is like DS2 I'll be skipping it.

I loved DS1, but DS2 is probably the only game I've ever bought that I haven't bothered finishing.

#28 Vice

Vice

Bye!

• 15,877 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:16

It is an excellent engine I bet Dead Space would look awesome using it.

#29 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,462 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:19

Aw man! Well now I've really got to sit down and run through DS1 and DS2. My DS2 is still in its packaging! I told myself that I can't play it until I've finished 1, but I need to completely restart DS1 now.

#30 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,229 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 15:24

Same here. I liked DS1 but I guess I'd just rather be playing other stuff :/