Windows 8 Consumer Preview Discussion

official windows 8 consumer preview microsoft beta testing

• Please log in to reply
1548 replies to this topic

#1546 efjay

efjay

Neowinian

Posted 03 April 2012 - 16:00

It is not attitude. I am in IT business for long time, and i love it. I don't understand duplications and i see no benefits of Metro apps over Desktop apps. They do not provide enough. For example. I need browser with plugins. Why should i use Metro App USA Today when i can type address in my Desktop browser and have full experience of web page? Why should i use Mail App when i have Desktop Outlook.

So what exactly is stopping you from using desktop IE with plugins, Outlook or any other non-Metro app? For someone who claims to be in IT for a long time, would seem a simple task to uninstall/unpin ALL Metro apps from the Start screen and just have desktop applications pinned and organised in different groups. Bam, you are not limited to Metro apps and can use whatever you want. However it seems your blind hatred wont let you rationally evaluate how you can adapt Windows 8 to your needs but keep going on about how bad Metro is, how the apps are limited, etc, etc.

Kind of a strange attitude for someone claiming to be in IT for a long time when so many changes in IT have taken place over the years.

#1547 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 April 2012 - 15:37

Kind of a strange attitude for someone claiming to be in IT for a long time when so many changes in IT have taken place over the years.

You'd be surprised to know how many of these 'IT Guys' simply fall behind because they don't keep up with the changes in technology.

#1548 techguy77

techguy77

Neowinian

Posted 04 April 2012 - 20:06

You'd be surprised to know how many of these 'IT Guys' simply fall behind because they don't keep up with the changes in technology.

Many changes took place over the place and this is a first change i could remember as far as Microsoft goes which i don't like. And yes you can uninstall Metro Apps which i will be doing if i switch to Windows 8 since i will be using Desktop apps only. MS needs to give ability to people at least to decide whether they want to see desktop or metro after they login. Also ability to remove useless lock screen when user decides to remove all metro apps.

I thought Microsoft will implement Metro within Desktop not other way around. Windows 8 Metro implementation is not good and it is done in worst possible way. That's my opinion.

#1549 Anthonyd

Anthonyd

Neowinian

Posted 04 April 2012 - 20:46

Many changes took place over the place and this is a first change i could remember as far as Microsoft goes which i don't like. And yes you can uninstall Metro Apps which i will be doing if i switch to Windows 8 since i will be using Desktop apps only. MS needs to give ability to people at least to decide whether they want to see desktop or metro after they login. Also ability to remove useless lock screen when user decides to remove all metro apps.

I thought Microsoft will implement Metro within Desktop not other way around. Windows 8 Metro implementation is not good and it is done in worst possible way. That's my opinion.

I don't understand why you don't want to use any metro apps, you haven't tried them already.
I find the lockscreen very usefull since it has notifications that any metro apps can use.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!