177 posts in this topic

Posted

It zones by density and lot size...

Is that regarding the farms? Didn't Simcity 4 have four industrial zones - 1 for farms and then one each for low/medium/high density?

Posted

Nope just 3. low density is what farms are...

Posted

They really need to start the beta

1 person likes this

Posted

Is that regarding the farms? Didn't Simcity 4 have four industrial zones - 1 for farms and then one each for low/medium/high density?

You never had a specific option to zone farms. Low density industrial zones could potentially develop into farms depending on pollution, size, location and whatnot. But they could just as well develop into smaller factories.

Posted

I liked it when it was a simple sim and not a micro managing system. Just want Sim2000 with modern graphics.

2 people like this

Posted

They really need to start the beta

hell yeah...and for Generals 2 also

with the holiday season coming up I wouldn't expect them til next year, but we'll see.

Posted

with the holiday season coming up I wouldn't expect them til next year, but we'll see.

But sim city goes on sale in January. Doesn't it?

Posted

But sim city goes on sale in January. Doesn't it?

Feb.2013

I still hope you can add your own mp3's as BG music....

Posted

Feb.2013

I still hope you can add your own mp3's as BG music....

ha, yeah as DLC that you have to pay 3x the cost for.....

Posted

Why would you need to add MP3's as background music ? just disable in game music and play music in the bacground.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why would you need to add MP3's as background music ? just disable in game music and play music in the bacground.

could create game issues...some games would crash if I did that... or have codec issues...

Posted

i think they cancelled c&c generals 2 a few weeks ago, they will be released a free online c&c game instead of something.

Posted

could create game issues...some games would crash if I did that... or have codec issues...

In my MANY MANY years of gaming, that has NEVER happened. and codec issues ? what....

1 person likes this

Posted

In my MANY MANY years of gaming, that has NEVER happened. and codec issues ? what....

Codec issues happened with XP more often, but it still can happen with third party codec packs installed I think. Haven't heard of it though, MS protected their default codecs better past that iirc.

Posted

i think they cancelled c&c generals 2 a few weeks ago, they will be released a free online c&c game instead of something.

The retail product was cancelled and it was renamed, but I believe it will still have Generals 2s content.

Also, it shouldn't. I do it 90% of the games I play. (Well, multiplayer games at least.)

Posted

Are there any new mechanics in the new game? Or is it the same thing but with a different skin?

Posted

The graphics do look awesome, but they keep making the game so complex it seems.

Complex? This new one actually simplifies alot of things. No longer do you have to care about laying water pipes and power lines. The water, power and sewage all now flow along the path of the roads, as they do in real life. So as long as your water towers and power plants are connected by road, they get water and power. It's a fairly simply solution.

Posted

If you want simple... Play SimCity Societies... Alot of people will complain if it's taken that low again.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tried it and played it for a long time but it was too simplistic. Just click and wait game. I could do that while tasking out other things at the same time. So that does not fit for me either :(

Posted

the complexCity is part of the fun... being in complete control of the city and not have the game hold your hand.

Posted

You never had a specific option to zone farms. Low density industrial zones could potentially develop into farms depending on pollution, size, location and whatnot. But they could just as well develop into smaller factories.

Nope just 3. low density is what farms are...

My mistake. Not sure how i forgot, looks like it's been too long since i've played SimCity!

Posted

My mistake. Not sure how i forgot, looks like it's been too long since i've played SimCity!

no there is 4 industrial in SC4 at least, and they were not ranked by density, but wealth... low wealth would turn to farm land, they where IR, ID, IM, and IHT zoneing

IR- low weath near residential aka farm land

ID - medium wealth dirty aka manufacturing aka chemicals and coal

ID - Medium wealth clean aka product mfg (Cars, etc)

IHT - High wealth tech industry.. needs high education and wealth in the region

Posted

When actually plotting the Zone theres only three tools, Low (Agricultural), Medium and High.

Posted

Still waiting for beta to start! Damn.

Posted

Those look more like conceptual drawings than they do screenshots to me....