Audio Driver Requested

I am looking for a driver for a creative sound blaster x fi xtremegamer audio card. Creative Installer fails due to the non supportive OS, and i try to install via the inf files by extracting the installer and windows says there is problem that it is unable to install correctly. Can anyone help me get audio? OS is Windows 8 x64

in device manager is shows up as:

Multimedia Audio Controller

Hardware IDS:

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00311102&REV_00

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00311102

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_040100

PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_0401

You do realize that Windows 8 is still in its testing phase right? I don't think there is a driver for it at the moment.

Supposedly windows 8 would not affect the driver model, so every driver supposedly should work. In my case everything worked, even my Creative Surround X-Fi USB... but as it is seen, it's not the case at all.

I manage to get the drivers.. After i extract the setup.exe file with winrar, i noticed there was alot of .cab files so i extract all of them and manage to get the drivers installed..So now i have audio

Creative wanted to install there crapware first before they install the driver..how dumb

The way I got my X-Fi Xtremegamer working in Win8 Consumer preview was to:

Right click on the driver installer.. open the compatibility troubleshooter.. choose 'this worked in older windows versions' then choose Win XP as the compatibility mode.

It makes you test the chosen compatibility settings, which opens the installer, and the driver package works without error.

It didn't work with Win7 or Vista compat. mode, only Win XP SP3.

The way I got my X-Fi Xtremegamer working in Win8 Consumer preview was to:

Right click on the driver installer.. open the compatibility troubleshooter.. choose 'this worked in older windows versions' then choose Win XP as the compatibility mode.

It makes you test the chosen compatibility settings, which opens the installer, and the driver package works without error.

It didn't work with Win7 or Vista compat. mode, only Win XP SP3.

This is what I tried when I upgraded to Windows 7 from Windows XP back in 2009, result was BSOD (I have X-Fi Audio Xtreme). At the time I checked for updated drivers on the Creative website but they had a BS install file which would give me wrong OS error. I downgraded back to XP due to numerous reasons. I finally upgraded again to Windows 7 in 2011 after SP1 was released.

I again searched the Creative website for updated Windows 7 drivers for my card and they had the same file which I tried in 2009. Luckily enough for me Windows update automatically picked up the driver without me needing to install any of Creative's bloatware.

TLDR - Creative driver support blows