Unable to add Exchange account to Windows 8 CP

Stupid question, but did you all run Windows Updates? There were some additional Win 8 updates that I installed prior to connecting to Exchange.

Are you guys trying from Outlook, the Mail app or both? Both here worked fine for me and I just recently worked with MS to migrate from 2003 to 2010 Exchange, so it could very weel be a difference in settings.

As I said previously, the cool thing was when adding Exchange into my mail app, Win 8 said my box was secure enough for my environment and automatically changed some things in Win 8 in order for me to connect.

Thanks for the info, but your setup could still be different to mine. Do you have a trusted certificate, not a signed one? Mine is self signed and yeah autodiscover doesn't work, I'd need to know if that was an actual requirement, but so far people with the same issues haven't been told that autodiscover is the issue :/

I may have to look into getting that working though, as usual (with any major server work) it will take me hours or all day to do it :p

I tend to leave the server well alone as it all works, changing stuff can cause huge problems, as I've experienced in the past lol.

I'm as of today, using a real certificate. I forgot to reissue it for the new server and was using a self-signed one.

Ah yes, change one thing and everything moves :(

Autodiscover works fine on mine, and I still can't persuade it to connect.

I have the same problem. I?m using a self signed certificate as well. It is working with outlook anywhere and my wwindows 7 mobile. I managed to turn on autodiscover but still I cannot get any connection to my exchange server.

Oh yes, and Outlook 2012 on the same machine works great.

Stupid question, but did you all run Windows Updates? There were some additional Win 8 updates that I installed prior to connecting to Exchange.

Are you guys trying from Outlook, the Mail app or both? Both here worked fine for me and I just recently worked with MS to migrate from 2003 to 2010 Exchange, so it could very weel be a difference in settings.

As I said previously, the cool thing was when adding Exchange into my mail app, Win 8 said my box was secure enough for my environment and automatically changed some things in Win 8 in order for me to connect.

Do you have a real certificate with your Exchange setup? I'm beginning to wonder if it won't work due to the self signed certificate.

Yes I have run all the Windows Updates on Windows 8 and my server :)

Do you have a real certificate with your Exchange setup? I'm beginning to wonder if it won't work due to the self signed certificate.

Yes I have run all the Windows Updates on Windows 8 and my server :)

Yes, we do. We purchased ours from Comodo.

Here is some interesting post from steve siyavaya on

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itprogeneral/thread/145ef1d0-b08d-4260-ad34-68c48206afd6

The Mail App only appears to support Outlook Live accounts - Hotmail, Live@edu, Office 365 etc. I have tried domain joined and workgroup Win 8 to two different Exchange 2010 systems with the same result.

A Netmon trace shows the client trying Outlook Live URLs against my local server IPs.

Here is some interesting post from steve siyavaya on

http://social.techne...34-68c48206afd6

The Mail App only appears to support Outlook Live accounts - Hotmail, Live@edu, Office 365 etc. I have tried domain joined and workgroup Win 8 to two different Exchange 2010 systems with the same result.

A Netmon trace shows the client trying Outlook Live URLs against my local server IPs.

Thanks for the helpful response, and welcome to Neowin!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dont know if people still have problems with this but I had the same problems, being unable to connect from the mail app in the CP to an Exchange 2010 SP1 server with the default self signed certificate. I started Internet Explorer as an admin, connected to the https://mailserver address and installed the Root Certificate in the Local Computer - Trusted Root store.

After doing this I was able to connect and I also got the messages my computer needed to be more secure, those are the Domain Settings pertaining to Account lockouts and password complexity etc...

• 2 months later...

Now, as I put the certificate in the trusted root store under computer it is working for mealso .It?s a little bit strange. Usually the certifacte should go the trusted root store under user.