Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

report 8GB iPad 2 With iPad 3, 7.85-inch iPad In 3Q12

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Apple has as a little event on the books next Wednesday. Maybe you heard about it. The iPad 3, with its high-res screen, is said to launch on that day. But there could be more surprises. Several

Posted

All I want is a live video stream.

The other things, the surprises, keep them surprises for me. (aka didn't read the article :p)

I know quite well the rumors and confirmations, but if there are new things, I don't want to know them shortly before the event. ^^

(Damn... March 7 never felt so long away...)

Glassed Silver:mac

Posted

The 8GB iPad2 makes a lot of sense and will most likely kill all the competition if priced properly

Posted

Any apple news is great. Its very fun to see the ever-so-cool apple bashers come out in droves. What i wonder is what will be cool to hate next? applehaters begin commenting in 3....2....1

Posted

The 8GB iPad2 makes a lot of sense and will most likely kill all the competition if priced properly

We should get rid of these 8GB base (phase out) models...

Bump to 16GB already I say!

Also, I demand 128GB for iPad3 & iPhone 5.

Any apple news is great. Its very fun to see the ever-so-cool apple bashers come out in droves. What i wonder is what will be cool to hate next? applehaters begin commenting in 3....2....1

Metro and Google are new targets, however, I guess the "love" Apple gets won't go away anytime soon...

Posted

So what kind of tablet would you find the most exciting ?

1) a tablet with an s-amoled screen. (I'm looking for the galaxy tab 7.7 or better)

2) a tablet running windows 8 (finally you can access pc apps, just with the touch)

3) the ipad 3, which introduce high resolution

Posted

So what kind of tablet would you find the most exciting ?

1) a tablet with an s-amoled screen. (I'm looking for the galaxy tab 7.7 or better)

2) a tablet running windows 8 (finally you can access pc apps, just with the touch)

I'll choose from the later two.

Most definitely the preferred one will be Windows 8 one (Y)

Posted

So what kind of tabled would you find the most exciting ? 1) a tablet with an s-amoled screen. (I'm looking for the galaxy tab 7.7 or better) 2) a tablet running windows 8 (finally you can access pc apps, just with the touch) 3) the ipad 3, which introduce high resolution

1 -> iOS has a GUI that would profit from SAMOLED much less than Android of Windows Phone. I'll take the IPS display here, adore it, but all power to anyone who makes a different decision here! (Y)

2 -> PC apps that have been specifically coded for Metro. I'll take my iOS apps that sync with Mac counterparts there, not much of a difference in the end of the day.

3 -> This is what I would take, if I was currently in the market for a tablet. My iPhone works well enough for me. I also have a netbook and I think about getting a MBA or MB Pro sometime, so this would make the iPad decision hard to justify... There needs to be more that I would benefit from. :)

Posted

Asus actually introduced it first :p

Transformer Infinity w/ 1920x1200 resolution

im curious to see what Apple has in store for the ipad 3. no doubt it will have a high res screen, but im not too hopeful that it'll have much more horsepower, 4G, memory, etc

Posted

I think an 8 gig iPad can hold more then 1 or 2 digi text books...

Posted

I think an 8 gig iPad can hold more then 1 or 2 digi text books...

yeah that's what i thought - their books are 4GB each?

Posted

Defensive much?

Posted

Defensive much?

Nope.

He is just pointing out to the direction every blog and forum is headed to

Too much hate for no good reason

1 person likes this

Posted

8GB is chicken sh*t these days. Most 3D games these days are in the 600MB + range, and after having the basic iOS software on the machine, you are really only left with 7GB or so. If they had a MicroSD card, that would be fine, but it's Apple... so of course not.

1 person likes this

Posted

8GB is chicken sh*t these days. Most 3D games these days are in the 600MB + range, and after having the basic iOS software on the machine, you are really only left with 7GB or so. If they had a MicroSD card, that would be fine, but it's Apple... so of course not.

These people can just swap out their games and just keep the ones that they're playing. You can't have everything in life :D

Posted

Defensive much?

nope... just think its funny with the cool new hate fad for the kids ...

Posted

New? It's very tired and old!

Posted

The amount of memory will make or break my purchase of the 3, tired of mine crashing left and right, with AT LEAST 6 low memory warnings a day.

Posted

1 digi textbook = 4gb ? No way ! Thats way too much... I would say 1 textbook would be around 1gb max.. Depends on the compression, scan quality, etc. of course...

Posted

I'm finding it kinda odd that companies in general (not just Apple) are still asking roughly the same prices for storage as compared to 2008. Prices haven't really dropped since I bought my second generation iPod touch. I kinda expected we would get 64 GB for the prince of 32 GB by now, but that really isn't the case. :/ Mind you, I'm talking about build-in storage. Not SD cards and such.

I realize the rest of the hardware is better of course, but that goes without saying.

Posted

1 digi textbook = 4gb ? No way ! Thats way too much... I would say 1 textbook would be around 1gb max.. Depends on the compression, scan quality, etc. of course...

The limit is 2GB (I know a few books were allowed to break that limit but still the average will be well below 2GB)

Posted

The limit is 2GB (I know a few books were allowed to break that limit but still the average will be well below 2GB)

Even then, so what? You really need ALL of your textbooks with you ALL the same? :p

Posted

I'm finding it kinda odd that companies in general (not just Apple) are still asking roughly the same prices for storage as compared to 2008. Prices haven't really dropped since I bought my second generation iPod touch. I kinda expected we would get 64 GB for the prince of 32 GB by now, but that really isn't the case. :/ Mind you, I'm talking about build-in storage. Not SD cards and such.

I realize the rest of the hardware is better of course, but that goes without saying.

Agreed, but there is no reason to lower the price when people have proven they will buy it at higher or the same. Why you dont really see good android tablets below 400 if even below 500

Posted

Even then, so what? You really need ALL of your textbooks with you ALL the same? :p

Nah, my point is that for some people 8GB will be more than enough. Not everyone wants their whole movie collection on their iPad

Posted

The amount of memory will make or break my purchase of the 3, tired of mine crashing left and right, with AT LEAST 6 low memory warnings a day.

What on Earth are you running...? It sounds more like there are some poorly coded programs making a mess of things.