No audio in osx lion

hackintosh osx lion audio

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Miuku.

Miuku.

A damned noob

Posted 02 April 2012 - 14:02

You could always buy a cheapo external USB soundcard, like some older Terratec or newer X-Fi, no need to toy around with drivers.

#17 guitmz

guitmz

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 02 April 2012 - 14:07

yup.. they cost few dollars on ebay/dealextreme.. might be a solution as well. well pointed

#18 OP simrat

simrat

pooonjabi!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5 (stock)

Posted 02 April 2012 - 16:02

You could always buy a cheapo external USB soundcard, like some older Terratec or newer X-Fi, no need to toy around with drivers.

Thats what i was thinking to buy too, but i heard the cheap ones have bad sound quality.

#19 Miuku.

Miuku.

A damned noob

Posted 02 April 2012 - 16:05

I have a rather old Terratec Aureon 5.1 USB MK II that works right out of the box, has optical output etc. the works and has good audio quality - I use it on my Mac Pro as an external card since I occasionally need more outputs for music and otherwise.

You can prolly find one or similar (Terratec ones are good, Creative ones too) for pennies nowadays from eBay or similar.

#20 OP simrat

simrat

pooonjabi!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5 (stock)

Posted 02 April 2012 - 16:07

I have a rather old Terratec Aureon 5.1 USB MK II that works right out of the box, has optical output etc. the works and has good audio quality - I use it on my Mac Pro as an external card since I occasionally need more outputs for music and otherwise.

You can prolly find one or similar (Terratec ones are good, Creative ones too) for pennies nowadays from eBay or similar.

Thanks for the suggestion, i'll check it on ebay :)