Unimpressed, Razer

razer deathadder

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Harreh

Harreh

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 March 2012 - 16:42

So today whilst gaming my Razer DeathAdder has suffered a blow to its mouse wheel. Now I can only middle click, which feels really wierd as the wheel is at an odd angle.

The main reason that I'm unimpressed here is that this is exactly what happened to my Copperhead I had ages ago. Shame really as super glue didn't help in the end so I doubt it'll help too much with the DeathAdder.

Not heard great things about Razer support but I will attempt to email them and see if they're willing to remedy my mouse.

#2 Zain Adeel

Zain Adeel

Zain

Posted 02 March 2012 - 16:50

razer hardware isnt as durable as Logitech. But how long have you been using it?
:s how do u use the scrollwheel?

i have a lachesis.. Almost a year now. Works just like new. Just the skid pads are like 20% worn off. as i use a hard mat.

#3 OP Harreh

Harreh

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 March 2012 - 20:59

Got it around 7 months ago of eBay.

I was playing wc3: tft and use the middle mouse button to move the screen. And middle clicking links in firefox.
The Copperhead was mainly used for Counter-Strike: Source however I didn't use the middle button much.

The underside is massively scratched as the pads hardly offer any clearance. I've always thought the bigger pads that steelseries offer seem more sensible as it'll distribute the pressure more evenly.

#4 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:29

Razer products are made extremely cheaply for how much they cost. It took me 5 or 6 different razer mice to realize that. :s

#5 OP Harreh

Harreh

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:49

It's entirely down to their marketing and product design. I mean, the DeathAdder as an LED that undulates between off and on. And it illuminates Razer's bitching logo.

Tbh I reckon I'll get Logitech's G400 as it's about £30 on Amazon and has everything I need. Really not after super keen lasers and ARM processors inside the mouse. I just want a mouse that's better than your average mouse from Microsoft.

#6 vetJohn S.

John S.

 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 03 March 2012 - 14:01

Odd....I've had my Razer Pro at least 7 years and it's still going strong

#7 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 March 2012 - 14:07

I've written off Razer products for good.....I had a Lycosa keyboard, Imperator mouse and Carcharias headphones, had issues with every single one of them and had to replace them in no more than a year. Currently happen with my Deck keyboard, logitech mouse and corsair headphones though, hopefully they last much longer.

#8 Vice

Vice

Bye!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 14:14

I have a Razer Mamba, the most expensive mouse they make and it is falling apart. I've only had it a little over a year and it started going down hill a few months ago.

1. The scrollwheel began squeaking
2. The rubber grommets on both sides of the mouse came unstuck and fell off (rubbish glue)
3. the plastic on the sides of the scrool wheel has come unstuck and warped (cheap plastic)
4. The battery on it barely lasts 2-3 hours so I leave it plugged in over USB all the time now.

Overall I'm really unimpressed with them. I had the diamondback then the Lachesis and finally the Mamba. In my opinion the Diamondback was really well made it lasted me several years and I only replaced it because the sensor began to malfunction. The Lachesis felt like holding a tank in my hand the back of it didn't come down nicely and it gave me wrist ache so I upgraded to the Razer Mamba which I really did think was a fantastic mouse up until about 6 months ago when the whole thing started to fall apart and its battery went to ****. For a £100 mouse I expected it to last longer than a year.

Next time I buy a mouse I'm going to stick to Logitech. Their products seem to last forever.

#9 OP Harreh

Harreh

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 March 2012 - 15:04

Their products are definately priced such that you'd expect decent logevity. Although my Copperhead did last for quite a few years before the wheel broke. Should've kept it as eveything else worked fine and I've seen broken Copperheads on ebay.

This guy does a review of several mice, including the deathadder and g400. I've experienced the same issues he has with the DeathAdder. Grip issues, hand positioning, phantom wheel jumps, tracking issues.

#10 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:37

I have a Razer Mamba, the most expensive mouse they make and it is falling apart. I've only had it a little over a year and it started going down hill a few months ago.

1. The scrollwheel began squeaking
2. The rubber grommets on both sides of the mouse came unstuck and fell off (rubbish glue)
3. the plastic on the sides of the scrool wheel has come unstuck and warped (cheap plastic)
4. The battery on it barely lasts 2-3 hours so I leave it plugged in over USB all the time now.

Overall I'm really unimpressed with them. I had the diamondback then the Lachesis and finally the Mamba. In my opinion the Diamondback was really well made it lasted me several years and I only replaced it because the sensor began to malfunction. The Lachesis felt like holding a tank in my hand the back of it didn't come down nicely and it gave me wrist ache so I upgraded to the Razer Mamba which I really did think was a fantastic mouse up until about 6 months ago when the whole thing started to fall apart and its battery went to ****. For a £100 mouse I expected it to last longer than a year.

Next time I buy a mouse I'm going to stick to Logitech. Their products seem to last forever.

Those are all the same problems I had with my mamba when I ordered it. Only mine lasted less than 3 months (it was very first generation, pre ordered). And they wanted me to pay to get it replaced/fixed. I felt the same exact way about the lechesis, too.

#11 CactuzJak

CactuzJak

Neowinian

• Phone: Cyanogen Mod 7.1

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:42

I've had my mamba for about 2 and a half years and works like the day i bought it, same with my 2 year old lycosa keyboard.. maybe you should just stop being so vicious with your stuff

#12 lalalawawawa

lalalawawawa

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:43

Nearly a year of use, no problems with it.

#13 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:53

I've had my mamba for about 2 and a half years and works like the day i bought it, same with my 2 year old lycosa keyboard.. maybe you should just stop being so vicious with your stuff

You're wrong and assuming a lot.

#14 ylcard

ylcard

Déu

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:28

Nearly a year of use, no problems with it.

Count yourself lucky, then.
Welcome to the club, that's why I don't buy Razer **** anymore. Way too overpriced for how fragile they are.

I'm now using the most basic Microsoft mouse I could find and have been using it since my Razer one decided to stop working properly, and oh my god - it's working like a charm ! A charm without any extra functionality, but it's working !

Screw Razer :/

#15 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:02

Steel series > all :p

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!