Will it be possible to upgrade from Consumer preview to RC or final W8?

I really really like the experience of W8 and I'd like to move and make it my main OS but I dont want to have to format when RC is released. Will it be possible to upgrade from Consumer preview to RC or final version without having to format?

Thank you guys! :)

It always surprises me but this comes up every release of every software. LOL Why you would even want to do that doesn't even make much sense. I definitely wouldn't want the chance of some old code or file left on the system throwing up errant errors that drives me nuts cuz I can't figure out what's causing it.

If it's anything like Windows 7 however there will be some hack or something but officially, NO it wont be allowed.

• Like 1

If you want stability and less work reinstalling software, keep Windows 7 as your primary.

If I read right two days ago, you'd be able to upgrade from VS 11 Beta to RC / Final. Same could be true for Win 8 too.

Uhm.... visual studio is not the same as an operating system.... but really... so many people are using the consumer preview who shouldn't because they have no idea what they are doing...

• Like 1

I was able to upgrade from Developer Preview version to Consumer Preview version, so anything is possible...

Uhm.... visual studio is not the same as an operating system.... but really... so many people are using the consumer preview who shouldn't because they have no idea what they are doing...

:laugh:

Okay.

I hope not, because users like you deserve to lose their data for trusting their primary computing and production work to a beta platform.