Runner outraged over ticket on empty train

Some of you guys, come ooooon! I wouldn't have ever known it was illegal to rest your feet on the seat infront of you! I did it all the time when I used to use a train and if anyone came near it I'd take them off incase they wanted to sit there.

Why are you such followers of stupid laws? No wonder they're made law so easily, people like you are behind them!

What next? Some groups want public breast feeding banned, I bet you'd be backing that one too. Lol.

You do not put your shoed feet or even feet on seats as it spreads dirt and filth and we do not want the crap from your shoes.

It makes me wonder if there was more to the story. If she had been warned to take her feet off, but refused, then yeah she deserved the ticket.

If not, then I don't agree with it at all. Poor use of force.

It makes me wonder if there was more to the story. If she had been warned to take her feet off, but refused, then yeah she deserved the ticket.

If not, then I don't agree with it at all. Poor use of force.

Like most public transport the carriages usually have signs with words on them asking passengers to refrain to put anything on seats except their butts.

Always annoys me when people get on public transport and stick their dirty shoes on seats opposite them. If she had put something under her shoe then I would have ignored it but I bet she didn't.

Don't run so far next time, instead wait until you have a long journey and instead of getting the train have a relaxing walk, much easier on the muscles.

I would have told them to cuff me, imagine standing in court with the cop trying to justify why he arrested you for resting your leg on a seat

I would video the court hearing and post it all over youtube

I think in a huge amount of situations like this, telling them to do just that would result in them backing off. :p

But honestly, I can see their point, their job is to uphold the rules of the establishment, and the rules are, keeping your feet off the seats.

I think in a huge amount of situations like this, telling them to do just that would result in them backing off. :p

But honestly, I can see their point, their job is to uphold the rules of the establishment, and the rules are, keeping your feet off the seats.

Or asking you to take your feet off the seat at least once before removing you from the train and threatening to arrest you :D

• Like 2

Or asking you to take your feet off the seat at least once before removing you from the train and threatening to arrest you :D

Or this, do police officers work on a quota? If so, that'd give us a good idea of why this happened :p

Or this, do police officers work on a quota? If so, that'd give us a good idea of why this happened :p

I think they just have employees who are ****ers just like most companies do, have bad days / get bored and because of their power they do things like that.

I've had friends stopped by the police and being accused of throwing something over a back wall when all they were doing was walking home, being threatened with arrest if he didn't own up he told them to arrest him, they replied something along the lines of "Next time we'll take you in" and drove off

Think the story goes to show the NYPD have nothing better to do but harras innocent people rather can doing there jobs, so what someone had there foot on a seat the thing was empty anyhow, also why are there three cops there? Hang on, "How many cops does it take to write a summons? THREE! Ones dumb, the others an ass the the third can just about write! hahaha" Sorry but i find the story stupid and idiotic.

Yes there are rules but rules are always broken on a daily basis and she wasn't causing anyone any harm. If there were people standing or something and she's obstructing the seat with her leg sure say something but a summons is over the top. As said you can do more dangerous things and no doubt get a lower fine, think the cops that did this should be named and shamed tbh all cowering together.

Why should they? What makes you believe she is entitled to be asked to stop breaking the law? With that same logic, I bet you believe it should be perfectly legal to speed when there's virtually no traffic around you on the freeway. Then, when pulled over, you fully expect the cop to ask you not to speed rather than issue you a ticket.

She broke the law. She knew she broke it and got caught. She should take on some personal responsibility for her actions, then shut the F up and take the punishment.

It's a bylaw which means that they can enforce such measures punishable by fines and can be escalated if warranted. You can't avoid prosecution because you don't believe in its providence.

I've seen many people do this on buses, metros and trains. It annoys me and often I tell them to please put them down (I live in a rainy area so people quite happily like think of their opposing seats as a footstool with their muddy trainers). There is a sign as clear as day in every coach stating not to do it.

Like most public transport the carriages usually have signs with words on them asking passengers to refrain to put anything on seats except their butts.
You don't even need to go that far. These rules are made available to you when you purchase the ticket or charge your travel cards.

Im glad I don't live in a city where you can't even put your bags on the seat 0_0. As long as there aren't people stannding you can put whatever you want on the seat.

I am glad i dont live in NY and I hate NY. The place I live don't have passenger train so i dont have to deal with that..

I dont totally agree with what she she did but $50 is too much for that..

If I'd s**t myself earlier in the day ... I think people would rather my feet went on the seats, yet according to this rule, I HAVE to put my ass on there. Ok, fine ... so if someone craps themselves they're entitled to sit on it, and the law can't do ANYTHING about it ...

Good times :)

Oh shut up. This story is ridiculous and anyone with any sense of a brain can see this was pathetic. What a stupid waste of police time. In fact, it's a disgusting waste of police time, and it's the equivalent of playing around on facebook in the office. Time wasting because they couldn't be bothered to do their job properly.

In NYC, cops have patrol beats. Some patrol the streets, others patrol the subways. Obviously, these guys were patrolling the subways, and they were doing exactly as their job called for: Giving summonses for offenses. Stop being dense, and don't tell people to "shut up" when you don't know what you are talking about either.

Complaints should be directed at NYPD policies (including ticket quotas), and/or legislators who drafted the law.

Look, Police are just revenue generators. It has nothing to do with anything more than bringing in cash for cash strapped cities and towns these days.

If your house is ever broken into and you need help, I wonder what you'd think then... what a hilariously pathetic comment.

Common sense is very lacking where over reactions are not.... People have no sympathy or empathy anymore for a stranger, and police are just tools being used to generate revenue upon the citizens that live in the city... Putting your foot on a seat on a almost empty train is no valid reason to fine a person... What is becoming of humanity when we punish people for such petty offenses... if you can even call that an offense...

NYC cops seem to be pricks. From all the videos i've seen of them abusing the protestors and now this.

i used to want to live in NYC, but meh. seems like too much of a hassle.

If you're gonna be a wimp about a stupid summons, then yea, you probably wouldn't fit in well in NYC. :D Live here and expect to get at least a few in your lifetime.

In NYC, cops have patrol beats. Some patrol the streets, others patrol the subways. Obviously, these guys were patrolling the subways, and they were doing exactly as their job called for: Giving summonses for offenses. Stop being dense, and don't tell people to "shut up" when you don't know what you are talking about either.

Complaints should be directed at NYPD policies (including ticket quotas), and/or legislators who drafted the law.

If your house is ever broken into and you need help, I wonder what you'd think then... what a hilariously pathetic comment.

If your house is broken in to, you better be prepared to protect yourself. The police will not make it in time, if they even care to go. I had a person slash my tires ( the guy hit my car a month earlier, rear ending it, and the police at the time, gave the asshat my home address... so he got more revenge upon me, since he had no insurance and got ticketed to hell for hitting me) . I saw the action, chased the guy, and even called the police... it was a cold night with a little bit if ice on the roads ( this is texas ), and they said it didn't warrant the cops coming out, even though I told them a guy with the guts to bring a big knife to my house and slash my tires probably could be a threat..... They came out the next day to look at my car and get a statement, but by then, the guy was able to buy himself plenty of time to make an excuse out of it. Don't count one cops for anything but trouble until they prove themselves otherwise.

If your house is broken in to, you better be prepared to protect yourself. The police will not make it in time, if they even care to go. I had a person slash my tires ( the guy hit my car a month earlier, rear ending it, and the police at the time, gave the asshat my home address... so he got more revenge upon me, since he had no insurance and got ticketed to hell for hitting me) . I saw the action, chased the guy, and even called the police... it was a cold night with a little bit if ice on the roads ( this is texas ), and they said it didn't warrant the cops coming out, even though I told them a guy with the guts to bring a big knife to my house and slash my tires probably could be a threat..... They came out the next day to look at my car and get a statement, but by then, the guy was able to buy himself plenty of time to make an excuse out of it. Don't count one cops for anything but trouble until they prove themselves otherwise.

In NYC, it's not so easy to just get a pistol like it is outside in the rest of the state. Whether you agree with this or not is another issue entirely - You can't simply protect yourself, and the police are a necessity here. NYC isn't Austin, Texas.

Anyways, I am already well-aware from your posting that you hate police as a general rule, and I doubt I can do much to change that, but just fyi, not everyone agrees with you (in fact, few do) and you should stop talking about it like fact. My uncle was in the NYPD, one of the most exemplary officers you could find, and a better man then most, police or otherwise.

Maybe the police in your town suck, and maybe you don't trust police, but the rest of us don't have an issue where we have to automatically distrust all authority and speak so disrespectfully about the people who put their lives on the line to protect us - and whether you want to believe they are actually doing that or not doesn't change the fact that they are. Whether or not any individual cop is doing a good job of it is another matter. They are people, just like you and I.

Rules is rules.

I agree.. once you let someone get away with one for any reason then the next comes up with another reason and another reason then you may as well throw the law out and let everyone lay all over the seats etc etc.. nope I support this ticket. She could have taken a taxi home and used the whole backseat, or sucked it up for a few mins till she got home.

In NYC, it's not so easy to just get a pistol like it is outside in the rest of the state. Whether you agree with this or not is another issue entirely - You can't simply protect yourself, and the police are a necessity here. NYC isn't Austin, Texas.

Anyways, I am already well-aware from your posting that you hate police as a general rule, and I doubt I can do much to change that, but just fyi, not everyone agrees with you (in fact, few do) and you should stop talking about it like fact. My uncle was in the NYPD, one of the most exemplary officers you could find, and a better man then most, police or otherwise.

Maybe the police in your town suck, and maybe you don't trust police, but the rest of us don't have an issue where we have to automatically distrust all authority and speak so disrespectfully about the people who put their lives on the line to protect us - and whether you want to believe they are actually doing that or not doesn't change the fact that they are. Whether or not any individual cop is doing a good job of it is another matter. They are people, just like you and I.

You think the police never do wrong either, so one of our views must be off.... I bet it isn't the one that thinks cops are always right... because power does corrupt, and to think that it doesn't is just ignorance. They don't put their lives on the line either. You need to learn what the cops are about now. They put their lives first, as they aren't bound to protect citizens anymore. But just keep up your attitude, because thinking there is nothing wrong is a sure fire way to make sure nothing ever changes. A cops job of being dangerious is not even on the top 10 of most dangerous jobs in America... Farmers actually have it worse than cops. People are just too blind to realize what the actual day to day life is for a cop. It isn't like the movies, it isn't like TV. Very rarely do they have instances of what you see on TV, if even 1/10th close to that.