Runner outraged over ticket on empty train

You think the police never do wrong either, so one of our views must be off.... I bet it isn't the one that thinks cops are always right... because power does corrupt, and to think that it doesn't is just ignorance. They don't put their lives on the line either. You need to learn what the cops are about now. They put their lives first, as they aren't bound to protect citizens anymore. But just keep up your attitude, because thinking there is nothing wrong is a sure fire way to make sure nothing ever changes. A cops job of being dangerious is not even on the top 10 of most dangerous jobs in America... Farmers actually have it worse than cops. People are just too blind to realize what the actual day to day life is for a cop. It isn't like the movies, it isn't like TV. Very rarely do they have instances of what you see on TV, if even 1/10th close to that.

I don't think cops never do wrong... I think officers who abuse their power should be stripped of their badge immediately.

Just kind of ironic, that I constantly see you, among others, always ripping into the police in these topics, no matter what the situation is. Even if the cop was just doing his job and the person is an idiot, people magically find reason (or none at all) to call the cops "pigs" and other gross things. And if a cop actually does something good, all there is to be said is "oh, too bad that's rare these days", if anything at all. It's disgusting and immature.

I won't even get into the matter of how your view is warped by the media and their cherry-picking of what to report on, because it's too easy, so suffice to just leave this remark here.

And by the way, I know lots about cops. Two of my uncles were police officers, so don't talk down to me like I'm the one who need to learn something, how about that? Both of my uncles have their stories to tell, and let me tell you, saying a cop's job isn't easy is an understatement... they do put their lives on the line for you, and if you want to claim otherwise, then go ahead but all you're doing is showing your own ignorance.

And you're right. If it was like TV, they'd be in a shoot-out every week... but even if you only have to deal with a shoot-out twice in your career, what is your point? Cops are put up against dangerous and stressful situations all the time. As I said, if you want to deny this, go ahead... sure doesn't change reality though. I'm sure you'll continue spewing your ignorant nonsense in ever police-related article as you have been doing.

I don't think cops never do wrong... I think officers who abuse their power should be stripped of their badge immediately.

Just kind of ironic, that I constantly see you, among others, always ripping into the police in these topics, no matter what the situation is. Even if the cop was just doing his job and the person is an idiot, people magically find reason (or none at all) to call the cops "pigs" and other gross things. And if a cop actually does something good, all there is to be said is "oh, too bad that's rare these days", if anything at all. It's disgusting and immature.

I won't even get into the matter of how your view is warped by the media and their cherry-picking of what to report on, because it's too easy, so suffice to just leave this remark here.

And by the way, I know lots about cops. Two of my uncles were police officers, so don't talk down to me like I'm the one who need to learn something, how about that? Both of my uncles have their stories to tell, and let me tell you, saying a cop's job isn't easy is an understatement... they do put their lives on the line for you, and if you want to claim otherwise, then go ahead but all you're doing is showing your own ignorance.

And you're right. If it was like TV, they'd be in a shoot-out every week... but even if you only have to deal with a shoot-out twice in your career, what is your point? Cops are put up against dangerous and stressful situations all the time. As I said, if you want to deny this, go ahead... sure doesn't change reality though.

Warped view by media? You mean citizens filmed actions of police officers? Because that's the only time you see them doing bad. Movies, TV, all other forms always show cops in a light way, doing good, and being in big gun battles.... It is only shown that police do bad, in real life... And when you have actually had testimony from actual police officers who know its bad, as well as all the evidence around you done by civilians.. you would have to be blind to think that the cops are a helpful thing right now.

Sure, they used to be good. But not anymore, and it hasn't been good for a looong time.

Them being in stressful situations is all how they choose to handle it. If they probably were a little more respectful to people, they wouldn't have to fear as much. Instead, most people see cops as a thing that should be good, but can be just as bad. Many have real good reasons to fear police, because they have actually witnessed what they can do. Those who think it is all hunkydoory with police, have probably never had any real situation with one, besides a traffic stop....

I have a uncle who was a sherrif as well, so I know what stories they tell. I also have been told how there have been many things done that was unlawful by those who have sworn to uphold the law. Again, power corrupts. Many do not have the ability to not let that happen... Especially in such a mundane job as what most cops have.

Warped view by media? You mean citizens filmed actions of police officers? Because that's the only time you see them doing bad. Movies, TV, all other forms always show cops in a light way, doing good, and being in big gun battles.... It is only shown that police do bad, in real life... And when you have actually had testimony from actual police officers who know its bad, as well as all the evidence around you done by civilians.. you would have to be blind to think that the cops are a helpful thing right now.

The newspapers barely EVER report on the numerous times that a cop saves a family, or stops a robbery, or apprehends a violent criminal... why should they? That doesn't get the ratings. You'd have to be blind not to see this, and you'd have to be blind to NOT see how cops are helpful (once again, understatement).

If they probably were a little more respectful to people, they wouldn't have to fear as much. Instead, most people see cops as a thing that should be good, but can be just as bad. Many have real good reasons to fear police, because they have actually witnessed what they can do. Those who think it is all hunkydoory with police, have probably never had any real situation with one, besides a traffic stop....

Totally LOLing at talking about how cops are disrespectful to people... I find it's often the other way around too, as evidenced by this topic and others! And as for the rest of that, what you are saying is that the only people who would hate cops categorically are the ones who have "witnessed what they can do" or have been in a "real situation with one"... you mean, like criminals and people who would have to be dealt with by police officers? Wow, you don't say! Way to support my theory: That all cop haters are either ignorant or criminals.

I have a uncle who was a sherrif as well, so I know what stories they tell. I also have been told how there have been many things done that was unlawful by those who have sworn to uphold the law. Again, power corrupts. Many do not have the ability to not let that happen... Especially in such a mundane job as what most cops have.

You're uncle has some bad stories. That's terrible, as I said, I don't condone the abuse of power. But you are just as ridiculous as someone claiming 99.9% of police officers are angels by saying that most police officers are corrupt. This isn't Mexico, stop the BS.

The fact that it took 3 officers to harass this woman make me want to vomit. They couldn't of just asked her to not put her feet on the seat?

Police departments need to stop being funded by citations. Its a conflict of interest IMO.

The newspapers barely EVER report on the numerous times that a cop saves a family, or stops a robbery, or apprehends a violent criminal... why should they? That doesn't get the ratings. You'd have to be blind not to see this, and you'd have to be blind to NOT see how cops are helpful (once again, understatement).

Totally LOLing at talking about how cops are disrespectful to people... I find it's often the other way around too, as evidenced by this topic and others! And as for the rest of that, what you are saying is that the only people who would hate cops categorically are the ones who have "witnessed what they can do" or have been in a "real situation with one"... you mean, like criminals and people who would have to be dealt with by police officers? Wow, you don't say! Way to support my theory: That all cop haters are either ignorant or criminals.

You're uncle has some bad stories. That's terrible, as I said, I don't condone the abuse of power. But you are just as ridiculous as someone claiming 99.9% of police officers are angels by saying that most police officers are corrupt. This isn't Mexico, stop the BS.

Actually, the news around here does report on when a cop does something heroic... Thing is, it doesn't happen often enough. Cops don't run into burning buildings, have gun blazing shootouts, or do heroic stuff that often. Most of the time, their job is them sitting in a car, responding to petty calls and sticker policing. Cops are actually put into the position to abuse power more often than to be a hero. That is why there is more abuse stories in real life than there is of heroic stories.

And respect is something that is lost on officers now. Due to how mundane their actual job normally is, they act more tough and intimidating than they need to during regular , petty, or unneeded stops. There are some good ones, but they are few and far inbetween. Most cops are passive towards the actions of others officers illegal behavior, and that makes them a bad cop for not stopping it.

who gives a **** what seats are for, ill put my feet up on seats in on a bus here and even though techincally your not allowed to, no one cares, you'd never get a fine for it. At worst the driver may ask you to move your feet, not likely though.

Can't say i'd ever want to visit or even live in america.

Why should they? What makes you believe she is entitled to be asked to stop breaking the law? With that same logic, I bet you believe it should be perfectly legal to speed when there's virtually no traffic around you on the freeway. Then, when pulled over, you fully expect the cop to ask you not to speed rather than issue you a ticket.

She broke the law. She knew she broke it and got caught. She should take on some personal responsibility for her actions, then shut the F up and take the punishment.

I think the point is that they should have been on the streets where there weren't ANY cops. How much were they paid to write that one ticket? When they could have been out busting people actually committing crimes worse than putting their feet in seats.

I think the point is that they should have been on the streets where there weren't ANY cops. How much were they paid to write that one ticket? When they could have been out busting people actually committing crimes worse than putting their feet in seats.

No, they shouldn't have. They are payed to patrol the subways. Different officers have different beats.

In NYC, cops have patrol beats. Some patrol the streets, others patrol the subways. Obviously, these guys were patrolling the subways, and they were doing exactly as their job called for: Giving summonses for offenses. Stop being dense, and don't tell people to "shut up" when you don't know what you are talking about either.

Shut up :D