Those same screenshots are shown in cutscene footage in the first look. Of course they are not gameplay screens. They are in-game screens. Most likely screens from a cutscene.

So unless I missed something wasn't a big flow of information suppose to come through? I feel like Halo 4 is gonna be Gameinformers next cover story so should see that next week. As for that video I finally remember to watched, I did like the idea of a story behind Red and Blue fighting in MP. If rooster teeth helped them on this that would be so epic.

The BR is back because the DMR was the precursor to it...Reach was set before the other Halo games.

Now in Halo 4 is the most futuristic of the Halo series it will contain a more modern version of the BR, not a much older DMR.

Reach has the Spartan Laser in the game, timeline is no object to them. Reach looked at the established canon and said "To hell with that, i've got a better idea!"

Reach has the Spartan Laser in the game, timeline is no object to them. Reach looked at the established canon and said "To hell with that, i've got a better idea!"

Just because the spartan laser didn't make an appearance until later in the series doesn't necessarily mean that's when it was created. For instance, the spartan laser was also available in Halo Wars (I hate using that as a reference, but it does stay true to canon in a lot of ways) and that takes place like another 20 years before Reach. Anyway, it has been confirmed time and time again that the DMR was superseded by, and made obsolete by, the BR. This is true to the timeline, just have to deal with it.

Just because the spartan laser didn't make an appearance until later in the series doesn't necessarily mean that's when it was created. For instance, the spartan laser was also available in Halo Wars (I hate using that as a reference, but it does stay true to canon in a lot of ways) and that takes place like another 20 years before Reach. Anyway, it has been confirmed time and time again that the DMR was superseded by, and made obsolete by, the BR. This is true to the timeline, just have to deal with it.

Laser in Halo Wars is explained by virtue of gameplay necessity and the tech tree. Even Ensemble mentioned that the lore inconsistencies are there because gameplay came first (IE Spartans didn't have shields yet during Halo Wars which is apparent in all the cutscenes but not during gameplay).

I'm interested in the game, despite not being a Halo fan. The backstory has been something I have enjoyed a lot due to its depth, but the actual gameplay has never really appealed to me. Halo would work a lot more easily as a book, in my own opinion. Since there are books on the franchise though, that's that covered. I reckon it would be enjoyable if it was very well written.

Regardless of the graphics I'm buying it. It will be alot better than the CoD BS that they get fed every year.

Coincidentally you know we've had a Halo every year for the last few years? :p

Halo 3 ODST - 2009

Halo Reach - 2010

Halo Anniversay - 2011

Halo 4 - 2012 :p

Spartan Ops and Infinity Change Halo 4 Multiplayer

Changes are afoot, friends.

A substantial quantity of alleged Halo 4 details have started appearing online. The latest issue of Game Informer, of which 343 Industries' next game is the cover story star, is hitting subscribers, some of which have been sharing details in various forums.

The story details Master Chief waking up four years after his cryo nap at the end of Halo 3. Cortana's detected an intruder on board, which happens to be Covenant invaders probably joining them from the fleet outside Chief's derelict ship. No word on why the Covenant are there at all, never mind why they've broken their truce with humans, nor what role they play in the narrative.

The story that follows Chief's wake-up will, as we know, explore the humanity of John 117, as well as continue Halo 3's theme of Cortana as a rampant AI. In that four year break, Cortana's adopted a new look. As usual, the campaign allows for four-player co-op.

In addition to new weapons to be revealed, the Covenant carbine and plasma pistol return alongside the human sniper, assault, and battle rifles. We'll also get to wield the magnum, rocket-launcher, shotgun, and assault carbine.

The story carries over to Halo 4's multiplayer, which 343 is calling Infinity. This answers our question from earlier this week regarding Microsoft's newly registered HaloInfinity.net and HaloInfinityMultiplayer.com domains. Infinity has direct and indirect connections to the campaign, though details aren't present in the article.

Frank O'Connor mentioned in the Halo 4 ViDoc that 343 came up with a valid reason for red to fight blue, and that comes in the form of military training on the combat deck, an adversarial simulator. This means we won't play as Elites online, as 343's focus lies on the Infinity's Spartan IVs.

Adding to the Infinity experience is Spartan Ops, a separate story-centric campaign for four players. It presents objective-based missions and cinematics, both of which will be added weekly to expand on Spartan Ops' story. These updates will happen for months following Halo 4's release to hold players' attention long-term. Spartan Ops replaces Firefight, which won't have its own dedicated mode this time around.

Another interesting change to Halo 4 is loadouts. Rather than everyone rolling out with the same weapons online, players bring customized gear into battle. Everyone packs a primary and secondary weapon, armor abilities (including active camo, jetpack, and hologram) grenade type (plasma grenade is still unconfirmed). Weapons still appear around the map, of course, but they appear in random spots via drop pods. In another interesting minor tweak, the respawn in Team Slayer is instantaneous rather than reliant on a clock.

Oh, and since Chief vanished, Spartans have since learned to run; sprinting is an innate ability in everyone. Players can also use Forerunner Vision to peek through walls, Batman style. The X-ray vision upgrade is an armor ability you'll equip. Other abilities are unlockable via Spartan Points, the currency fueling the in-game economy. Points unlock additional Ops missions, armor abilities, and cosmetic upgrades.

343 Industries doesn't seem to be pulling any punches in creating a Halo experience with a unique yet familiar identity. What do you make of the online changes and single-player story details?

Coincidentally you know we've had a Halo every year for the last few years? :p

Halo 3 ODST - 2009

Halo Reach - 2010

Halo Anniversay - 2011

Halo 4 - 2012 :p

Expansion(I know they charged full price I was willing to pay $60 for a Halo 3 midship)

Last full game by Bungie 3 years after 3

Simple remake

First full game done by 343 studios started who knows how long ago ;)

I'm still very concerned about a Noble Spartan from Reach that I'm not sure is dead or alive. :/

It feel like there's going to be a certain Spartan in Halo 4 considering an escape from Reach and probably a jump to another side of the system, I'm not so sure. Maybe what I'm wondering isn't legitimate, but something isn't adding up for me.

Spartan Ops and Infinity Change Halo 4 Multiplayer

Changes are afoot, friends.

A substantial quantity of alleged Halo 4 details have started appearing online. The latest issue of Game Informer, of which 343 Industries' next game is the cover story star, is hitting subscribers, some of which have been sharing details in various forums.

The story details Master Chief waking up four years after his cryo nap at the end of Halo 3. Cortana's detected an intruder on board, which happens to be Covenant invaders probably joining them from the fleet outside Chief's derelict ship. No word on why the Covenant are there at all, never mind why they've broken their truce with humans, nor what role they play in the narrative.

The story that follows Chief's wake-up will, as we know, explore the humanity of John 117, as well as continue Halo 3's theme of Cortana as a rampant AI. In that four year break, Cortana's adopted a new look. As usual, the campaign allows for four-player co-op.

In addition to new weapons to be revealed, the Covenant carbine and plasma pistol return alongside the human sniper, assault, and battle rifles. We'll also get to wield the magnum, rocket-launcher, shotgun, and assault carbine.

The story carries over to Halo 4's multiplayer, which 343 is calling Infinity. This answers our question from earlier this week regarding Microsoft's newly registered HaloInfinity.net and HaloInfinityMultiplayer.com domains. Infinity has direct and indirect connections to the campaign, though details aren't present in the article.

Frank O'Connor mentioned in the Halo 4 ViDoc that 343 came up with a valid reason for red to fight blue, and that comes in the form of military training on the combat deck, an adversarial simulator. This means we won't play as Elites online, as 343's focus lies on the Infinity's Spartan IVs.

Adding to the Infinity experience is Spartan Ops, a separate story-centric campaign for four players. It presents objective-based missions and cinematics, both of which will be added weekly to expand on Spartan Ops' story. These updates will happen for months following Halo 4's release to hold players' attention long-term. Spartan Ops replaces Firefight, which won't have its own dedicated mode this time around.

Another interesting change to Halo 4 is loadouts. Rather than everyone rolling out with the same weapons online, players bring customized gear into battle. Everyone packs a primary and secondary weapon, armor abilities (including active camo, jetpack, and hologram) grenade type (plasma grenade is still unconfirmed). Weapons still appear around the map, of course, but they appear in random spots via drop pods. In another interesting minor tweak, the respawn in Team Slayer is instantaneous rather than reliant on a clock.

Oh, and since Chief vanished, Spartans have since learned to run; sprinting is an innate ability in everyone. Players can also use Forerunner Vision to peek through walls, Batman style. The X-ray vision upgrade is an armor ability you'll equip. Other abilities are unlockable via Spartan Points, the currency fueling the in-game economy. Points unlock additional Ops missions, armor abilities, and cosmetic upgrades.

343 Industries doesn't seem to be pulling any punches in creating a Halo experience with a unique yet familiar identity. What do you make of the online changes and single-player story details?

Oh gawd...sounds like they turned it into a Call of Duty :cry: please, don't spoil my Halo. Infinity sounds like CoD Elite. :x

I'm still very concerned about a Noble Spartan from Reach that I'm not sure is dead or alive. :/

It feel like there's going to be a certain Spartan in Halo 4 considering an escape from Reach and probably a jump to another side of the system, I'm not so sure. Maybe what I'm wondering isn't legitimate, but something isn't adding up for me.

I feel bad to break this to you, but he is dead. :p

lol Please tell me you know which noble I'm talking about. :s

oh **** :D for some reason I thought you said Noble 6. :blush:

I actually meant the Spartan Jun who took Jorge's mother into custody! :D His status is unknown! I think he'll be in Halo 4! :rofl:

Unless it comes to PC it means nothing to me I do not see the need to pull the Xbox 360 out of the closet for this.

Not a chance of it coming to PC, And then you miss out on the best bit of any Halo title, Co-op.